British Speedway Forum
concessionscol

berwick bandits 2019

12 hours ago, stevehone said:

apparently they still have to attend or they will be fined

Not quite (whats this fixation with fining all the time)

In very (very) basic terms the promoters can attend on the Monday (if they want) along with everyone else and hear what BSPA monies they will receive from the shared events, TV revenues etc. (if any) and learn what the outline agenda is with the proposals for next year. They are then asked at the end of the Monday if they intend to run next year, if "No" they go home on the Monday and take no further part in the AGM. If "Yes" they stay until the Wednesday and input into the meeting and debate the proposals, they are then asked again on the Wednesday if they are still prepared to run under the terms that come out of the AGM proposals. If "Yes" well "Bob's ya Uncle" and away you go, if "No" unfortunately its a case of Sell, Ice the Licence or shut down, or there could be a fourth option of a fans collective taking on the franchise if the owners are up for that and prepared to loan whatever assets they hold to the franchise. (But it ain't cheap and there has to be a solid business plan in place) however if no one was to attend from the promotion they would proxy their vote or just advise that they are not running.

Many promotions didn't attend last years AGM yet weren't fined.

Regards
THJ

• Like 1

Are they planning on continuing until a buyer comes in or are the Courtney’s going to be the ones to shut down Berwick Speedway after 50 years? I can’t see them doing the latter but I can’t see someone coming forward and buying the club in the next couple of weeks? 

39 minutes ago, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

Are they planning on continuing until a buyer comes in or are the Courtney’s going to be the ones to shut down Berwick Speedway after 50 years? I can’t see them doing the latter but I can’t see someone coming forward and buying the club in the next couple of weeks? 

My interpretation of their statement is that they are pulling out now.( that could be wrong though).

1 hour ago, Fromafar said:

My interpretation of their statement is that they are pulling out now.( that could be wrong though).

What they said was (copied and pasted off Facebook/Website):

“Of course there is a lot of hard work involved for any new owners and myself (Scott) ,Jamie and the ever loyal Dennis McCleary will be only too happy to spend the winter months helping any new owners settle in and acclimatise to their surroundings."

36 minutes ago, StevePark said:

“Of course there is a lot of hard work involved for any new owners and myself (Scott) ,Jamie and the ever loyal Dennis McCleary will be only too happy to spend the winter months helping any new owners settle in and acclimatise to their surroundings."

Well that's it settled then

Balderdash and ConcessionsCol to take over Berwick speedway as Col needs a job, and then Col won't have to worry about unemployed concessions, he can give himself free entry anyway :D

And all season ticket holders will get a free Bandits watch when they sign up.  :cheers:

17 minutes ago, jrs said:

Well that's it settled then

Balderdash and ConcessionsCol to take over Berwick speedway as Col needs a job, and then Col won't have to worry about unemployed concessions, he can give himself free entry anyway :D

And all season ticket holders will get a free Bandits watch when they sign up.  :cheers:

:drink::drink::drink::t:

2 hours ago, StevePark said:

If there is not any buyers though ,doesn't sound like they will stay on .

6 hours ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Not quite (whats this fixation with fining all the time)

In very (very) basic terms the promoters can attend on the Monday (if they want) along with everyone else and hear what BSPA monies they will receive from the shared events, TV revenues etc. (if any) and learn what the outline agenda is with the proposals for next year. They are then asked at the end of the Monday if they intend to run next year, if "No" they go home on the Monday and take no further part in the AGM. If "Yes" they stay until the Wednesday and input into the meeting and debate the proposals, they are then asked again on the Wednesday if they are still prepared to run under the terms that come out of the AGM proposals. If "Yes" well "Bob's ya Uncle" and away you go, if "No" unfortunately its a case of Sell, Ice the Licence or shut down, or there could be a fourth option of a fans collective taking on the franchise if the owners are up for that and prepared to loan whatever assets they hold to the franchise. (But it ain't cheap and there has to be a solid business plan in place) however if no one was to attend from the promotion they would proxy their vote or just advise that they are not running.

Many promotions didn't attend last years AGM yet weren't fined.

Regards
THJ

Must have changed recently John as it was always enforced, hence arrangements like flying in Carslake in for Perrin in the early 00's.  

10 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

Must have changed recently John as it was always enforced, hence arrangements like flying in Carslake in for Perrin in the early 00's.  

Newcastle Worky and two or three others didn't attend the AGM in Tenerife last year and no one was squealing about fines then Dave, They may be deferred with a warning I am not sure but its only worth fining someone who can afford to pay it at the end of the day.  Who in Speedway has got any money?

Regards
THJ

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Newcastle Worky and two or three others didn't attend the AGM in Tenerife last year and no one was squealing about fines then Dave, They may be deferred with a warning I am not sure but its only worth fining someone who can afford to pay it at the end of the day.  Who in Speedway has got any money?

Regards
THJ

The likes of Chapman and Ford must have a few bob, but the majority live hand to mouth.

Would they not try run a nl team team to keep the track running ,the likes of Eastbourne and Birmingham seem to have put decent competitive teams together and have kept a decent crowd level and not lost any money from what I hear they would have a decent team with some local riders in Leon and kerion plus the likes of mitch Davy Luke Ruddick Ryan MacDonald Kev Whelan blair Smith that would give locals something to cheer about and with less matches could have a weekend of now and again and with having the training track on their doorstep could bring riders up from there, also there wage bill would be easy quarter less than they pay out  now and with local riders the local press might  cover it more 

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, mac101 said:

Would they not try run a nl team team to keep the track running ,the likes of Eastbourne and Birmingham seem to have put decent competitive teams together and have kept a decent crowd level and not lost any money from what I hear they would have a decent team with some local riders in Leon and kerion plus the likes of mitch Davy Luke Ruddick Ryan MacDonald Kev Whelan blair Smith that would give locals something to cheer about and with less matches could have a weekend of now and again and with having the training track on their doorstep could bring riders up from there, also there wage bill would be easy quarter less than they pay out  now and with local riders the local press might  cover it more 

That’s a great shout