British Speedway Forum
concessionscol

berwick bandits 2019

4 hours ago, screm said:

Now 4-0

If they drop out the league,they may let us alter the track shape if the drop to senior leagues.:P

1 hour ago, Fromafar said:

If they drop out the league,they may let us alter the track shape if the drop to senior leagues.:P

Who is they.

11 hours ago, Fromafar said:

The football club don't own the stadium , the council own it , the fans trust own the lease . I can't see the pitch dimensions changing for the Lowland League 

13 hours ago, Fromafar said:

I’d imagine BRFC would have ambitions to return to the Scottish League so I’d doubt they would authorise a pitch reduction  

2 hours ago, DSC67 said:

The football club don't own the stadium , the council own it , the fans trust own the lease . I can't see the pitch dimensions changing for the Lowland League 

13 hours ago, Fromafar said:

Nothing will change as I see it. The SPFL Lowland League is like National League in England.  From last few years clubs are in Betfred Cup sections and that Irn Bru Cup from Lowland and Highland even Welsh and Irish leagues.  As it seems Berwick will still be playing even if Lowland and will be in Scottish Cup

On 5/9/2019 at 8:29 PM, Cloggy said:

Berwick Speedway have an opportunity next Saturday. Berwick Rangers will more than likely get a big crowd again on the 18th, as shown by the game against Albion, people cant stop staring at car crashes. Surely this is a great chance to promote rather than being "Jealous, green eyed and annoyed", consult with John Bell or Walla Parkin from the supporters club or any other directors who haven't resigned by then, get a bike and a flat screen monitor showing a highlight reel of some races and promote the meeting later on in the evening, hand out vouchers for reduced entry to the Sheffield meeting. If the BRFC board continue to be short sighted and don't comply, do it in the car park by the turnstiles?!

There was always chance of extra time and pens too but maybe not now!  If I hear correct that huge motor cycle rally thingy is in car park too.  Took lot room up last year?

Yes Motor Cycle  Rally next week as well as footie. Not sure what crowd footie will get although there seems to be a few buses coming down from Cove.

On 5/8/2019 at 10:07 PM, Fromafar said:

Crowds are not living up to expectations according to blog on Website.

I wonder what numbers they expected and what numbers  they need to break even/make a profit 

23 hours ago, DSC67 said:

The Stadiums Freeholder is Northumberland County Council,  the lease however is Berwick Rangers Supporters Club, who have a 99 year rolling lease

• Like 1

Take it Jye will be back for Saturday? 

53 minutes ago, balderdash&piffle said:

The Stadiums Freeholder is Northumberland County Council,  the lease however is Berwick Rangers Supporters Club, who have a 99 year rolling lease

That rules out any changes then.It was just a thought.:rolleyes:

The entertainment factor is diminishing with modern speedway bikes ,but powers at be seem reluctant to address the problem.There again that is just my opinion.

On ‎5‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 10:07 PM, Fromafar said:

Crowds are not living up to expectations according to blog on Website.

Do not understand, how the cost can remain so high? for one the admission has gone up and also the price of a programme, the catering van has disappeared and the catering is all done in house, this surely has to increase profit?

Is it purely down to numbers through the gate?

We have a great team and the boys are doing the business on track, but yet it seems we have a lack of support?

Has the recent unusual cold weather having a say in matters?

Is the lack of meetings an issue?

Do people have other things to do on a Saturday evening?

Will we ever know what the issue really is?

Keep the faith folks.

3 minutes ago, penchev said:

Do not understand, how the cost can remain so high? for one the admission has gone up and also the price of a programme, the catering van has disappeared and the catering is all done in house, this surely has to increase profit?

Is it purely down to numbers through the gate?

We have a great team and the boys are doing the business on track, but yet it seems we have a lack of support?

Has the recent unusual cold weather having a say in matters?

Is the lack of meetings an issue?

Do people have other things to do on a Saturday evening?

Will we ever know what the issue really is?

Keep the faith folks.

Think it was a mistake increasing Admission Prices ,lack of regular Sat meetings does not help IMO.

1 hour ago, Fromafar said:

Think it was a mistake increasing Admission Prices ,lack of regular Sat meetings does not help IMO.

could have told you that ages a go people have not got cash to waste on sport and other things

• Like 1