British Speedway Forum
ScunnyDan

Scorpions v Peterborough KOC 5.10.18

2 minutes ago, wealdstone said:

A rather silly post , nobody is blaming anyone than Panthers themselves

Look on updates people saying about lack of fixtures  etc ,why is this oh yes that's right the Showground is not available every week and fact MPT will score double figures in one fixture this week for Kings Lynn

5 minutes ago, wealdstone said:

A rather silly post , nobody is blaming anyone than Panthers themselves

Sounds like utter Tosh to me, bless him he means well just misguided.

Guest WTF1

Didn't expect that sort of win,  thought we had 2 poor reserves but Manzares tonight was brilliant,  Phillips still rubbish,  for Peterborough was Toft saving himself for King's Lynn as he was diabolical as was Ostergaard,  Kemp brought back down to earth,  only Aarnio and to a lesser extent Lambert were any good

Been going to speedway for nearly 60 years and that is the first time I have seen the track watered when it is raining, 

After the dust storm on heat 1 it was clear track was bone dry. The rain was barely a fine drizzle until midway through the meeting when it turned to light rain. Even by end of heat 15 hardly a puddle on the ground. Well done to the Scorpions all up for it, well done to the Ref for pushing meeting along too. 15 heats still to play for but so far advantage Scorpions.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, HerniaWise said:

Didn't expect that sort of win,  thought we had 2 poor reserves but Manzares tonight was brilliant,  Phillips still rubbish,  for Peterborough was Toft saving himself for King's Lynn as he was diabolical as was Ostergaard,  Kemp brought back down to earth,  only Aarnio and to a lesser extent Lambert were any good

Been going to speedway for nearly 60 years and that is the first time I have seen the track watered when it is raining, 

Tactical ploy maybe  if so they really shouldn't have worried , Panthers were easy meat  2ND &3RDheat leaders managed 6 points between them, cant get much worse than that , wouldn't be surprised if they get another hammering at Rye House Saturday night, the team has had the guts ripped out of them through injuries and what's left apart from Lambert don't seem to have any guts at all 

29 minutes ago, Tosh1218 said:

Look on updates people saying about lack of fixtures  etc ,why is this oh yes that's right the Showground is not available every week and fact MPT will score double figures in one fixture this week for Kings Lynn

A bit more silly.

So a team depleted by injuries at the end of the year gets stuffed by a team who have been depleted by injuries at the beginning of the year strange sport is speedway . Was some good racing and think the difference was Manzares who scored 7 more than expected which gives a 14 point turn round.  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, phillwhitewasmad said:

So a team depleted by injuries at the end of the year gets stuffed by a team who have been depleted by injuries at the beginning of the year strange sport is speedway . Was some good racing and think the difference was Manzares who scored 7 more than expected which gives a 14 point turn round.  

I do not think you have anything to fear!!!

Other than the efforts of Aarnio and to a lesser extent Lambert... woeful performance from Peterborough.   Great show from Scunnys top six... only last places were Danny Phillips three rides...and to be fair to Danny, he actually looked like he was trying at times. Jake Allen was immense, revelled in the conditions.  Half way in the tie, but fancy Scunnys chances of reaching the final now.

so did a lot of edinburgh fans . its speedway , owt ken appen !

Advantage Scunny.. top team performance from the lads... Jake was awesome and fully deserved his paid max... 15 heats still left to go, but I quite fancy the Scorpions chances... theres a new fire in the bellys of the Scorpions and the Comets (hopefully) will find that out in the final

It was interesting to see how track conditions affected the racing line tonight... in all my years watching speedway at the EWR, I don't think I've ever seen riders almost having to kiss the air fence in order to find the dirt.... not the norm... but nonetheless, created some courageous, spectacular speedway.

2 hours ago, jenga said:

so did a lot of edinburgh fans . its speedway , owt ken appen !

But we are talking Peterborough not Workington here.  When you have 2 of your senior riders who can't score more than 6 points between them , then you have no chance .Very poor show from Panthers and it certainly won't encourage attendance figures for the 2nd leg, just hope the management take it on board when selecting 2019 team . There shoddy showing at Scunthorpe will certainly make a few fans think to not bother as it appears to be well out of Panthers reach and just a formality for Scunthorpe.

8 hours ago, Panthers89 said:

Fair play to Aarnio, rest have been abysmal. First proper spanking this season and means we’re out of the cup 

Not the 1st proper spanking at all , in the last few weeks we have conceded  55 points at Berwick and 58 points at Workington , I just hope those responsible for this diabolical performance last night are sent packing at the end of season . Congratulations to Scunthorpe a well deserved win for a team that was willing to put themselves out against a team with lack of desire and ambition to win , Hardly the way to attract home supporters to attend the 2nd leg and that could cost the promotion immensely.

Guest WTF1

While I can understand the disappointment of the Peterborough fans on tonight's result I believe Peterborough were just caught out with the track and determination of the Scunny riders and most teams would probably have left with the same result.