British Speedway Forum
ScunnyDan

Scorpions v Peterborough KOC 5.10.18

Although it is probably advantage Scunny, do Panther fans honestly believe you cannot pull it back at home. I don’t follow your riders, but I would like to think your 3 & 4 should score at least 8 or 9 at home. 

5 minutes ago, brylcream boy said:

Although it is probably advantage Scunny, do Panther fans honestly believe you cannot pull it back at home. I don’t follow your riders, but I would like to think your 3 & 4 should score at least 8 or 9 at home. 

No chance, we’ve got no consistent heat winners in our side anymore

9 hours ago, phillwhitewasmad said:

So a team depleted by injuries at the end of the year gets stuffed by a team who have been depleted by injuries at the beginning of the year strange sport is speedway . Was some good racing and think the difference was Manzares who scored 7 more than expected which gives a 14 point turn round.  

I think the difference was Scunthorpe wanted it more than the Panthers although half a team of guests doesn’t help.

What a meeting! If only our riders could have felt the excitement of the crowd, we in the open stand were going bonkers! We started off thinking we'd  get a win. then we were all moving the goal post as the meeting went on. I ended up thinking 25pts win. and one of the brothers. ( Outsider & Broadsider)  finished on 30pts. How close he got to being right!. . Good to see the team up for it so to speak. Brilliant effort by all riders. As for the weather & track. the rain was so fine but looking up at the lights you could see the wind was driving it across the  centre green, the track didn't seem to get wet. certainly no puddles even after the meeting was over.  Good luck Scorps for the next leg!.....UP THE SCORPIONS!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, HerniaWise said:

While I can understand the disappointment of the Peterborough fans on tonight's result I believe Peterborough were just caught out with the track and determination of the Scunny riders and most teams would probably have left with the same result.

Riders with the amount of experience that Pijper, MPT and Ostergaard have should not be getting caught out through track conditions , they should know how to handle it by now and react accordingly to suit those conditions , fans can make allowances for Kemp  as he's very much on a learning curve , the truth is they came ill prepared  and let fans down with a shoddy performance which is not the way to attract people to watch the return leg and to those who say I will not go and watch rubbish like that , if they are not bothered , then why should I go and seeing as the riders think it's of no importance and can you blame them

3 hours ago, brylcream boy said:

The most points Panthers have scored in a home meeting, this season, is 53. It is highly unlikely that they will score 60. Unless Scunthorpe fall foul of mechanical issues or in meeting injuries Worrall, Garrity, Allen and Neilsen should have enough to score 32 points between them.

Guest WTF1
2 hours ago, New era Panthers said:

Riders with the amount of experience that Pijper, MPT and Ostergaard have should not be getting caught out through track conditions , they should know how to handle it by now and react accordingly to suit those conditions , fans can make allowances for Kemp  as he's very much on a learning curve , the truth is they came ill prepared  and let fans down with a shoddy performance which is not the way to attract people to watch the return leg and to those who say I will not go and watch rubbish like that , if they are not bothered , then why should I go and seeing as the riders think it's of no importance and can you blame them

Yes I was quite stunned at the ease in which the Scunny riders passed and rode last night,  Toft a near 9 point man was diabolical and seemed uninterested all night,  so glad we didn't keep him,  Ostergaard was a shadow of the rider who used to be nigh on unbeatable round the EWR,  Pijper was a poor guest which left only Aarnio and to a lesser extent Lambert to carry the fight. 

3 hours ago, New era Panthers said:

Towards the last part of your post is just similar to what the Workington fans were saying after their abysmal performance at  Edinburgh and look what happened 24 hours later. A good start could put a bit of pressure on but our riders, in the clubhouse after the meeting, know & said it is only half time. Some of our fans have been in a similar situation in 2011 when after winning 62-32 in the 1st leg of the NL Final we then travelled to Mildenhall & lost 59-31. It was only a last heat 5-1 by Ash Birks & R Worrall that gave us the win & title. Members of that team that shared those moments were Steve & Stefan so they have been there before & know what to do.

A terrific performance by the lads on a difficult night & racing surface noted by the race times. What dirt which was on the track was moved to the outside & gave us some heart stopping moments riding close to the airbags. Throttle control seemed evident as the riders seemed to skid into the corners before trying to turn.

It was nice to see a happy, smiling Gino in the clubhouse afterwards as the practice showed up some flaws that he sorted with paid 14 from 5 rides & seeing Stefan back on song as well gives us the 6 riders that can score the points to, hopefully, bring us some silverware.

• Like 3