British Speedway Forum
cyclone

Edinburgh vs Glasgow Scottish Cup, 5th October 2018 7.30pm

8 hours ago, tyretrax said:

Talking of tools you'll be a King Dick.

i dont mind that !  i  have a good few of those in my tool box . very robust and still going ..

looks like you are the Kamasa of tools lol.

Edited by jenga
  • Like 1

After the recent thrashings handed out to teams like Workington wasn't too hopeful particularly with Cookie missing. So to take them to a run off was was even more frustrating. Now if Carl hadn't come off when in a scoring position..... 

• Haha 1

Our Cumbrian friends taking some solace at our just failing to win speedway's most prestigious trophy last night . 

That's understandable as nerves get the better of them at the prospect of facing the glorious Glasgow Tigers next weekend . 

Losing a run off is like getting beat on penalties at football , no disgrace in that . To reach 40 on a track Workington struggles to reach 30 shows how good a performance from an under strength Glasgow it was . 

This served as a perfect warm up meeting for next weekend , i look forward to it with confidence . 

• Like 3

Good meeting with the tension kept turned up all night. Great effort from both teams on a flippin cold night

Good luck to all in the play-offs..... I’ll be sitting in my cosy house with my feet up watching the updates

May the best team win

Edited by Gr8scot
Addition

3 hours ago, Paulco said:

Our Cumbrian friends taking some solace at our just failing to win speedway's most prestigious trophy last night . 

That's understandable as nerves get the better of them at the prospect of facing the glorious Glasgow Tigers next weekend . 

Losing a run off is like getting beat on penalties at football , no disgrace in that . To reach 40 on a track Workington struggles to reach 30 shows how good a performance from an under strength Glasgow it was . 

This served as a perfect warm up meeting for next weekend , i look forward to it with confidence . 

Nerves Paulco :blink: really ! To put 61 points on a team as strong as Edinburgh is a good performance...under strength ? Where at , you had Lawson and Wilkinson , you lot are pinning all your hopes on two riders for next weekend if they don’t perform you’re screwed . 

1 hour ago, Taylorj said:

Nerves Paulco :blink: really ! To put 61 points on a team as strong as Edinburgh is a good performance...under strength ? Where at , you had Lawson and Wilkinson , you lot are pinning all your hopes on two riders for next weekend if they don’t perform you’re screwed . 

He is dangling a carrot and ever predictable that you are you couldn't resist.

• Haha 1

Son of God is a bit hit and miss at the dump , last night was a bit of a miss while with all due respect to Wilkinson , Armadale doesnt suit his style of racing . We were truly awful when you thumped us earlier in the season , but towards the end of the campaign we began to look the part . Yes Cook has been the catalyst in that , whether he is fit enough for next weekend is up in the air and the choice of available guests isnt wonderful should he not make it . But it's a play off semi final so whoever is riding for either side will give their all . If you beat us then you will have deserved it , but it will be close and could just be a couple of classic meetings . 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gazc said:

you know she is a vegetarian . you have found her weakness , now its time to twist the dagger. so to speak .

3 hours ago, Gazc said:

Paulco is actually a friend at Glasgow I’ve spoke to for years so jog on :rolleyes:

3 hours ago, Paulco said:

Son of God is a bit hit and miss at the dump , last night was a bit of a miss while with all due respect to Wilkinson , Armadale doesnt suit his style of racing . We were truly awful when you thumped us earlier in the season , but towards the end of the campaign we began to look the part . Yes Cook has been the catalyst in that , whether he is fit enough for next weekend is up in the air and the choice of available guests isnt wonderful should he not make it . But it's a play off semi final so whoever is riding for either side will give their all . If you beat us then you will have deserved it , but it will be close and could just be a couple of classic meetings . 

:) I agree next weekend has all the makings of two great meetings Paulco :t:

10 hours ago, Taylorj said:

Paulco is actually a friend at Glasgow I’ve spoke to for years so jog on :rolleyes:

Really last time I checked he was still my Brother so what is it you say oh yes jog on :).

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Taylorj said:

:) I agree next weekend has all the makings of two great meetings Paulco :t:

I see someone's hacked 'her' account 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Gazc said:

Really last time I checked he was still my Brother so what is it you say oh yes jog on :).

Right well when I see him next a Friday , I’ll be asking him to have a word ;)

Right well when I see him next a Friday , I’ll be asking him to have a word ;)

Really..be nice to meet you on Friday.. as it will be nice meeting my husband's friend from Workington 

• Like 1