British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ZagarRacing

Official Playoff Final Thread: Stars v Pirates

Lots of parking if you get there early, there is an overflow car park in a field opposite the stadium which is a nightmare to get out of and I’d expect that to be used on Wednesday so try and avoid having to go in there! Parking is free.

13 minutes ago, Pirate Rich said:

I'm making the trip up to watch the Pirates win! Can you Kings Lynn fans tell me what the parking is like at the stadium, are there plenty of spaces? what time it opens? charges?

Thanks

There is plenty of parking at the stadium, they will probably open the overflow car park as well. I daresay it will open around 5pm, possibly even earlier. There are no charges for parking,. 

41 minutes ago, Pirate Rich said:

I'm making the trip up to watch the Pirates win! Can you Kings Lynn fans tell me what the parking is like at the stadium, are there plenty of spaces? what time it opens? charges?

Thanks

We are also coming up and it’s the absolute worst of journeys. Certainly worth leaving no later than mid day as you never know what delays will be on route. Even worse coming back as half the roads are normally closed for maintainance adding at least a further hour on the trip. Guess we will float back if we win but it will feel twice as far if we are defeated.

There’s very little to do in Kings Lynn when you get there. Has a quay but little in the way of tourism. The town isn’t worth a visit. I tend to head to the retail park off the big roundabout for something to eat before heading into the stadium. There’s a Pizza Hut there which is better than the stadium cafe/outlet.

In the past Poole fans tend to congregate on the first bend. A decent view and you can see into the pits.

2 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

We are also coming up and it’s the absolute worst of journeys. Certainly worth leaving no later than mid day as you never know what delays will be on route. Even worse coming back as half the roads are normally closed for maintainance adding at least a further hour on the trip. Guess we will float back if we win but it will feel twice as far if we are defeated.

There’s very little to do in Kings Lynn when you get there. Has a quay but little in the way of tourism. The town isn’t worth a visit. I tend to head to the retail park off the big roundabout for something to eat before heading into the stadium. There’s a Pizza Hut there which is better than the stadium cafe/outlet.

In the past Poole fans tend to congregate on the first bend. A decent view and you can see into the pits.

Nothing wrong with Kings Lynn town centre, head to the tuesday market place. Would agree with you regarding the food in the stadium though, its pretty poor. 

If heritage is your thing then King’s Lynn is full of it and we’ll worth half a day of your time. If not then the North Norfolk coast and plenty of other interesting places are an other 20-30 minutes in the car beyond Lynn. Unfortunately the roads get slower the closer to Norfolk you get :D 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

I live in Bucks so not as far to go as you Poole residents! Also I've booked me and the wife in to a pub about 10 miles from the stadium, so we can have a meal there and don't have to  rush back home after the meeting. First bend sounds good.

First bend? Isn't that where the 'hooligans' and 'thugs' (c) Alun Rossiter 2018 congregate?!? Might have to 'keep your nut down' if go stand with those lunatics?

• Haha 2

Plenty of room in the car park which you will find is open all day. on big matches they also can use a field on the other side of the road     

2 hours ago, Pirate Rich said:

Thanks

I'd ask on the unofficial thread of I were you... More chance of a reply

1 hour ago, therefused said:

Nothing wrong with Kings Lynn town centre, head to the tuesday market place. Would agree with you regarding the food in the stadium though, its pretty poor. 

KL town centre is a lovely place, well worth a visit... I enjoyed it more than my trip to KL speedway (abandoned Vs Leicester)

26 minutes ago, John Scrutton said:

Plenty of room in the car park which you will find is open all day. on big matches they also can use a field on the other side of the road     

I park on the industrial estate, only 100 yards from the stadium, easier to get away after the meeting.

18 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

I park on the industrial estate, only 100 yards from the stadium, easier to get away after the meeting.

Fair enough, never been down that way before, no idea how safe it is? I can never understand why cars decide to just abandon there cars along the road either, must think it is just quicker at the end of the night. 

6 minutes ago, therefused said:

Fair enough, never been down that way before, no idea how safe it is? I can never understand why cars decide to just abandon there cars along the road either, must think it is just quicker at the end of the night. 

I've never had any problems. Many use it so it's not like mine is the only car, sticking out like a sore thumb type of thing. It was packed down there Monday. Yeah I do it to get away easier.:t: