British Speedway Forum
Bagpuss

Poole v King’s Lynn Premiership Grand Final 1st leg 08/10/18

Will it be a guest or R/R that Poole have to use, or do they get the choice ?

6 hours ago, ZagarRacing said:

Won’t be Musielak guesting as he’s now on his holidays next week according to Twitter. 

Adam Ellis or dare I say it David Bellego.

Forgive me, I may have got this wrong,   but my impression of the rules says a team needs to have 2 riders out before they are allowed a guest facility ,  except when its your No 1 rider.   so in that case  Poole will have to use  R/R  for Kurtz.    Be interesting to see what develops.    I wouldn't put it past Poole to pull all the tricks in the book to gain an advantage.  

Posters are going on about  previous meetings between Poole and Lynn this year, but they have no relevance to the pay off final.  We go there with a clean sheet and are more than capable of putting on a decent showing  to keep the contest alive for the second leg.     All our riders, management and fans know what to expect and will all be up for it.     We are the strongest team in the league  with everyone capable of winning races    I believe we can restrict them to a small lead that will be more than  attainable in the second leg...

This is the final I wanted...…      Poole struggled last night to beat a one man team,          Come on Stars fans  we can do this       This is our time...... 

18 minutes ago, g13webb said:

Forgive me, I may have got this wrong,   but my impression of the rules says a team needs to have 2 riders out before they are allowed a guest facility ,  except when its your No 1 rider.   so in that case  Poole will have to use  R/R  for Kurtz.    Be interesting to see what develops.    I wouldn't put it past Poole to pull all the tricks in the book to gain an advantage.  

Posters are going on about  previous meetings between Poole and Lynn this year, but they have no relevance to the pay off final.  We go there with a clean sheet and are more than capable of putting on a decent showing  to keep the contest alive for the second leg.     All our riders, management and fans know what to expect and will all be up for it.     We are the strongest team in the league  with everyone capable of winning races    I believe we can restrict them to a small lead that will be more than  attainable in the second leg...

This is the final I wanted...…      Poole struggled last night to beat a one man team,          Come on Stars fans  we can do this       This is our time...... 

http://www.scbgb.co.uk/regulations

Art 18.8:

The facility for missing riders 1-3 by MA is a guest or rider replacement.

Edited by NeilWatson
Additional text
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, ZagarRacing said:

Won’t be Musielak guesting as he’s now on his holidays next week according to Twitter. 

r/r better than bellego and i dont like r/r as it proved for somerset last night

25 minutes ago, g13webb said:

no tricks we can have a guest for brady you can have a guest for any of your top three riders

Edited by ray c
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, ZagarRacing said:

Nick Morris would fit for the first leg if available, but there aren't many choices for the NA if Musielak can't guest.

Edited by Nellie

10 minutes ago, Nellie said:

Nick Morris would fit for the first leg if available, but there aren't many choices for the NA if Musielak can't guest.

Who wants to go to Italy anyway ;)

Batch is being mentioned on Twitter, well he hates KL so that's a plus

Edited by lisa-colette
  • Like 1

What was mentioned at the press conference last night is yet again the riders arrived and were caught out by track prep in the first half of the meeting. It took them several heats to get their setups correct. We can’t afford to give Kings Lynn 5-6 heats at the start of the meeting where we have no track advantage.

3 hours ago, ray c said:

no tricks we can have a guest for brady you can have a guest for any of your top three riders

Fair do's ,      The rules changes so frequently I'm not always up to scratch  with them...

For me the final all revolves around one man.   He has been very 'average'  (I'm being kind here)  for Lynn all season.   Listening to him on BT after last nights meeting he seemed to determine to end his season on a high.    An on Form NKI, Lynn win.  A No show from him and its all Poole's to throw away.

1 hour ago, lisa-colette said:

Who wants to go to Italy anyway ;)

Batch is being mentioned on Twitter, well he hates KL so that's a plus

Batch don't fit

11 hours ago, ZagarRacing said:

Good lad, enjoy your holiday Toby. :t::drink:

30 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

Batch don't fit

Should imagine it'll be between Nick Morris, Adam Ellis or Scott Nicholls as Kurtz guest.

I would go with r/r at Poole, as Josh, Nicolai, Kasper and a reserve can take his rides. Most certainly weakens us but would rather use riders in the right frame of mind for a final and not just another meeting to pick up a bit of points money.

At Kings Lynn Matt will have to get in a decent guest but there’s not much choice. Go for a gater though as it’s nealy all from the tapes. Watched Garcia and Berge wobbling about in their rides, then gate and were untroubled.

• Like 1