British Speedway Forum
Bagpuss

Poole v King’s Lynn Premiership Grand Final 1st leg 08/10/18

17 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

I would go with r/r at Poole, as Josh, Nicolai, Kasper and a reserve can take his rides. Most certainly weakens us but would rather use riders in the right frame of mind for a final and not just another meeting to pick up a bit of points money.

At Kings Lynn Matt will have to get in a decent guest but there’s not much choice. Go for a gater though as it’s nealy all from the tapes. Watched Garcia and Berge wobbling about in their rides, then gate and were untroubled.

Josh and Klindt have better home averages then Kurtz and Wornya not far behind.

Doesnt weaken Poole having r/r in that respect

Why say r/r at Poole but then say it will make you weaker?

Surely if you think it makes you weaker you would get a guest?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Daniel Smith said:

Should imagine it'll be between Nick Morris, Adam Ellis or Scott Nicholls as Kurtz guest.

Bit difficult for Nicholls with a broken ankle :D

• Like 1

Nick Morris is a gamble as well, certainly not been pulling any trees up of late.

Not really much about dont like r/r may be the best option for the home leg and see what happens 

It would be nice if this thread was dominated by sensible debate rather than the usual guff about changes making either team stronger or weaker or mind games about who is favourites or underdogs yaddah yaddah zzzzzzzzzzzzz.

The reality based on form and previous results this season is that both legs will be comfortable home wins and it could come down to which team can dig in and score those vital extra points on their away leg when the chips are down.

Impossible to say who will win but my main fear is Poole’s Play Off experience and the fact that they usually pull out something extra when the title is on the line.

• Like 1

Think King's Lynn will keep it reasonably close at Poole, I know they've been comfortably beaten both times this season but Palm-Toft wasn't at reserve then and Woryna won't be now. Poole will need a double figure lead to have a chance in the 2nd leg.

18 minutes ago, The Cheese said:

Think King's Lynn will keep it reasonably close at Poole, I know they've been comfortably beaten both times this season but Palm-Toft wasn't at reserve then and Woryna won't be now. Poole will need a double figure lead to have a chance in the 2nd leg.

Reserves will play a huge part in the Poole leg as will Iversen.

Niels hasnt gone well there this season

Simon Lambert is appalling around Poole so a lot will rest on Palm Toft who hasnt really done much there either.

In the 2 matches at Poole this season Iversen has got 5 and 6 and the reserves were outscored 22-5 and 19-6. Kings Lynn cant afford that to happen again

1 hour ago, Bagpuss said:

It would be nice if this thread was dominated by sensible debate rather than the usual guff about changes making either team stronger or weaker or mind games about who is favourites or underdogs yaddah yaddah zzzzzzzzzzzzz.

The reality based on form and previous results this season is that both legs will be comfortable home wins and it could come down to which team can dig in and score those vital extra points on their away leg when the chips are down.

Impossible to say who will win but my main fear is Poole’s Play Off experience and the fact that they usually pull out something extra when the title is on the line.

The interesting thing is Baggy, you could make a case for both teams winning this over 2 legs.  I guess with the likes of Shovvy trying to yank peoples chains ( and people letting him) then it could be a long week. :D

• Haha 1

Pretty sure Stars will line up with Robert Lambert at 1 and Niels-Kristian Iversen at 5, both will be in heats 13 and 15 which is when the final will be decided.

Couldn't wish for a better top two.

Where are the Kings Lynn 'hooligans and thugs' (c) Alun Rossiter standing on Monday night at Poole?

• Like 1

It's time for as new name on the Trophy...........come on Stars.....the peoples champions.:cheers:

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

I don't get all this concern of previous results, they are of no consequence at all.  The teams now are totally different to when those matches were played and bear little of no reference  at all.    Its all about what they do now on the night,  and how they perform when the chips are down...     I see the Stars being well up for it and if the recent united spirit is anything to go by, we are more than capable of running the 1st leg  close.  

I have no concern about Iversen who will more than do his bit.    Niels has had a lot of bike issues this year.  No doubt he will be have a good steed when it matters..     With Robert and Niels leading the way ,  we are ready to do something we have never done before.    

I'm amazed at all the negative thoughts of the so-called Stars fans saying Poole this and Poole that, as if they're been programmed to accept defeat.    Poole are not that special.    They are not a patch of the Poole teams of the past,  yet this Lynn side is the best we have had for many a year....    If we cant win it now,   we will never have a better chance.    

Lets get behind the team and show them  how much it means.        and get off that bloody fence,.....     :cheers:

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, g13webb said:

I don't get all this concern of previous results, they are of no consequence at all.  The teams now are totally different to when those matches were played and bear little of no reference  at all.    Its all about what they do now on the night,  and how they perform when the chips are down...     I see the Stars being well up for it and if the recent united spirit is anything to go by, we are more than capable of running the 1st leg  close.  

I have no concern about Iversen who will more than do his bit.    Niels has had a lot of bike issues this year.  No doubt he will be have a good steed when it matters..     With Robert and Niels leading the way ,  we are ready to do something we have never done before.    

I'm amazed at all the negative thoughts of the so-called Stars fans saying Poole this and Poole that, as if they're been programmed to accept defeat.    Poole are not that special.    They are not a patch of the Poole teams of the past,  yet this Lynn side is the best we have had for many a year....    If we cant win it now,   we will never have a better chance.    

Lets get behind the team and show them  how much it means.        and get off that bloody fence,.....     :cheers:

Are you Delia Smith?? ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Are you Delia Smith?? ;)

Let’s be avin ya!