British Speedway Forum
Bagpuss

Poole v King’s Lynn Premiership Grand Final 1st leg 08/10/18

Time to say it. Poole can win another title. One more lads for Matt and Middlo.  Kings Lynn don’t look that much. They are vunerable in the middle order with Proctor and Jorgensen, and Simon Lambert at reserve. Sure they have a good top two with Lambert and Iversen, but they will need Riss and Toft to be firing on top form. Sure they are even bigger favourites with Brady out, but we know how to win it. Been there got the tshirt.

We have got to within 2 points of them at Saddlebow this year and in both the A and B fixtures, beaten them on aggregate. 

If we can win by 10 next week we will have every chance. The boys will be fired up and its doable. 

Bring it on!

That’s more like it Shovvy.  No more of this you are the favs krap.   You and I both know this one could go either way.  One outstanding night from one of the Minnows could swing its.  It’s thst evenly balanced.  Kinda nice in a way to have no favourites in a final.

We are heading to Wimborne road next Monday, is there plenty of parking space at the stadium or close by?

38 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Time to say it. Poole can win another title. One more lads for Matt and Middlo.  Kings Lynn don’t look that much. They are vunerable in the middle order with Proctor and Jorgensen, and Simon Lambert at reserve. Sure they have a good top two with Lambert and Iversen, but they will need Riss and Toft to be firing on top form. Sure they are even bigger favourites with Brady out, but we know how to win it. Been there got the tshirt.

We have got to within 2 points of them at Saddlebow this year and in both the A and B fixtures, beaten them on aggregate. 

If we can win by 10 next week we will have every chance. The boys will be fired up and its doable. 

Bring it on!

Oh dear

Poole now stronger with Brady our as they can have r/r at home and have riders that go better at Poole taking two of those rides

Then away from home they can replace Brady with someone who rides Lynn better than he does

Poole certainly getting all the luck this season

Leta hope the deserved champs Lynn can really turn it on and claim a rightful league crown

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Let’s be avin ya!

That was the only thing that was missing from that post! :D

10 minutes ago, Gavan said:

Oh dear

Poole now stronger with Brady our as they can have r/r at home and have riders that go better at Poole taking two of those rides

Then away from home they can replace Brady with someone who rides Lynn better than he does

Leta hope the deserved champs Lynn can really turn it on and claim a rightful league crown

Cant give it up can you.

33 minutes ago, mrss said:

We are heading to Wimborne road next Monday, is there plenty of parking space at the stadium or close by?

Where you coming from? Yes there is parking in the Stadium car park, but i would strongely suggest you get there as early as posible.

13 minutes ago, Gavan said:

Oh dear

The deserved champs will be the winners.Poole did an amazing job at Somerset  and then nearly threw it away at home but Bomber saw to it all the effort was not in vain. Kings Lynn are the lucky ones there the ones with the full team.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, poole keith said:

bit of a risk re fitness with adam,think he mainly targeting to be fully fit for nxt season

Not the way he was running round the pits last night..;)

11 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:Where you coming from? Yes there is parking in the Stadium car park, but i would strongely suggest you get there as early as posible.

We are coming from Walsingham in Norfolk. We are leaving at 11 o clock so should be there about 5 o clock.

4 minutes ago, mrss said:

We are coming from Walsingham in Norfolk. We are leaving at 11 o clock so should be there about 5 o clock.

Try and leave a bit earlier you can still park the car aim to be there by 2.30- 3 pm, then you can park and walk round the town centre for an hr, just in case you come across roadwork or a smash.

Edited by Starman2006

2 hours ago, g13webb said:

I don't get all this concern of previous results, they are of no consequence at all.  The teams now are totally different to when those matches were played and bear little of no reference  at all.    Its all about what they do now on the night,  and how they perform when the chips are down...     I see the Stars being well up for it and if the recent united spirit is anything to go by, we are more than capable of running the 1st leg  close.  

I have no concern about Iversen who will more than do his bit.    Niels has had a lot of bike issues this year.  No doubt he will be have a good steed when it matters..     With Robert and Niels leading the way ,  we are ready to do something we have never done before.    

I'm amazed at all the negative thoughts of the so-called Stars fans saying Poole this and Poole that, as if they're been programmed to accept defeat.    Poole are not that special.    They are not a patch of the Poole teams of the past,  yet this Lynn side is the best we have had for many a year....    If we cant win it now,   we will never have a better chance.    

Lets get behind the team and show them  how much it means.        and get off that bloody fence,.....     :cheers:

See you at Poole then. 

44 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

Try and leave a bit earlier you can still park the car aim to be there by 2.30- 3 pm, then you can park and walk round the town centre for an hr, just in case you come across roadwork or a smash.

Is it still a council owned car park though? From what I remember the daytime charges can be a big steep! 

Car park was full about 6 pm last night. Next week it will be chocker even earlier though people who park there during the day will be freeing up spaces. Somerset only had a few fans there last nightvand I doubt we will see many Kings Lynn fans making the very long journey on a Monday.

3 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Is it still a council owned car park though? From what I remember the daytime charges can be a big steep! 

Yes they are i would try to find a side road.