British Speedway Forum
Bagpuss

Poole v King’s Lynn Premiership Grand Final 1st leg 08/10/18

28 minutes ago, Gavan said:

As proved Bradys home scores this season can be covered by r/r.

As proved Bradys form at Kings Lynn can be covered by a guest

We are talking about Brady Kurtz.................the rider a vast majority of Poole fans on here have been moaning about not being a proper number one and letting the team down...............now all of a sudden he is irreplaceable.........shows a lack of knowledge to me

Yes but Brady wasn't at no1 anymore, bit less pressure which seems to be his biggest problem. Really on Monday he should have been at 3/4 not 5 as still pressure to win races when you are with a reserve and still have H13. I feel a bit uncomfortable heavily criticising someone who is now injured, believe me I have criticised him a lot in the past 6 weeks or so, have had massive debates with the Brady fan club about it! But 7-8 points for him has got to be the aim imo.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

The problem is that a reserve has to take one of his rides and that is a big weakness, our reserves should be cleaning up given their averages but only occasionally perform to anywhere near their average. I would expect MPT to clean up at reserve and Robert Lambert and Iversen ride the Poole track very well so it will be difficult for us as a 6 rider team, I would prefer us to use a guest but if Toby Musielak isn't available then it is difficult to get anyone who could compete with Kings Lynn's top guys.

I wouldnt expect MPT at Poole to clean up against Worrall and Jacobsen. Didnt beat either of them at Poole last time

Put Worrall or Freddie in heat 10 with Josh up against Proctor and Jorgensen would be the best race to use the reserve in.

As i said you just need someone to replace Brady at Lynn who can score 7 or more and Brady isnt missed

Edited by Gavan

2 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Yes but Brady wasn't at no1 anymore, bit less pressure which seems to be his biggest problem. Really on Monday he should have been at 3/4 not 5 as still pressure to win races when you are with a reserve and still have H13. I feel a bit uncomfortable heavily criticising someone who is now injured, believe me I have criticised him a lot in the past 6 weeks or so, have had massive debates with the Brady fan club about it! But 7-8 points for him has got to be the aim imo.

A sensible post.

If r/r for Kurtz gets above 8 points at Poole then Kurtzs rides will have been covered

11 minutes ago, Gavan said:

I wouldnt expect MPT at Poole to clean up against Worrall and Jacobsen. Didnt beat either of them at Poole last time

Put Worrall or Freddie in heat 10 with Josh up against Proctor and Jorgensen would be the best race to use the reserve in.

As i said you just need someone to replace Brady at Lynn who can score 7 or more and Brady isnt missed

MPT is in much better form than our reserves, I wouldn't count on any of our previous meetings against Kings Lynn it will be a lot closer this time at both venues and MPT is in excellent form at the moment.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

The problem is that a reserve has to take one of his rides and that is a big weakness, our reserves should be cleaning up given their averages but only occasionally perform to anywhere near their average. I would expect MPT to clean up at reserve and Robert Lambert and Iversen ride the Poole track very well so it will be difficult for us as a 6 rider team, I would prefer us to use a guest but if Toby Musielak isn't available then it is difficult to get anyone who could compete with Kings Lynn's top guys.

Hope our guys make it REALLY difficult for you :D

• Like 4

41 minutes ago, Gavan said:

A sensible post.

If r/r for Kurtz gets above 8 points at Poole then Kurtzs rides will have been covered

Well Brady has got be one of the most inconsistent riders in the league, his scores can be anything between 3 and 14. That's why I get frustrated when people saying he'll score this... How do they know? His score home and away could be anything! So I have gone for 7-8 which is somewhere in the middle!

49 minutes ago, Trees said:

Hope our guys make it REALLY difficult for you :D

Hey Trees, I hope we make you guys sweat on Monday. Time will tell not expecting a big home win but we may need it.

3 minutes ago, Shaleshifter said:

Hey Trees, I hope we make you guys sweat on Monday. Time will tell not expecting a big home win but we may need it.

I’m sweating already haha

2 hours ago, foreverblue said:

Isn't Kurtz 2nd in your averages? 

4 minutes ago, tellboy said:

3rd. Josh has jumped above him.

Harris 7.05

Josh 6.88

Kurtz 6.75

6 minutes ago, tellboy said:

no unfortunately he is third, Josh G has gone above him along with Harris.

9 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

3rd. Josh has jumped above him.

Harris 7.05

Josh 6.88

Kurtz 6.75

It's a bit confusing when Josh still rides in a second strong position. Should be at 5 really. 

Not sure why its confusing?  BV used r/r for Cook at number 2 on Monday!! 

The rules only state that the highest average rider must ride at 1 and the 2 lowest at 6&7. Its up to the team manager and riders as to who rides at 2,3,4 and 5.

I believe the riding order will change for the final.

Edited by Skidder1

1 hour ago, lisa-colette said:

It's a bit confusing when Josh still rides in a second strong position. Should be at 5 really. 

Once upon a time  when  speedway was a straight forward sport,  No.1 was the top rider,    Riders 2nd and 3rd in the averages were the other heat leaders in position 3 and 5.  Riders  in 4th and 5th in the averages were classed as second strings and rode in team positions  2 and 4.   leaving the lowest average rides at reserve position 6 and 7.  

Now apart from  riders No1 and 6 and 7 in the averages, all the rest  can be placed in what order you wish.  That's all very well giving the team manager the option to determine the rider positions,   but in doing so it  alters the difficult in those certain races,  falsifying the averages to a certain degree.   

My ole mam use to say,  ' if its not broken why fix it'   but it seems the BSPA has never heard of that philosophy.   

18 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Not sure why its confusing?  BV used r/r for Cook at number 2 on Monday!! 

The rules only state that the highest average rider must ride at 1 and the 2 lowest at 6&7. Its up to the team manager and riders as to who rides at 2,3,4 and 5.

I believe the riding order will change for the final.

Cos it should be HL +SS R+R HL+SS and HL +R. Nice and even, otherwise it's really strong one race, weaker the other race (H1+3)

Edit - I swear it is in Brady's contract that he has to be in H13. Has never been pulled out of it even if the reserves have been miles better and not even 2nd highest rider and still in H13!!

Also - Good job we can't have Hans as a guest looking at his score tonight :unsure:

Edited by lisa-colette