British Speedway Forum
Bagpuss

Poole v King’s Lynn Premiership Grand Final 1st leg 08/10/18

2 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Surely not? Gavan said the only reason that Kings Lynn were favourites was because they were virtually through to the final and Poole v Somerset was on a knife edge. He said I knew nothing about betting.

Just looked at the odds. Kings Lynn are 8/15 on and Poole 7/4 against. Kings Lynn are massive favourites with the bookies. Clearly Gavan knows Jack 5hit about betting.:lol:

And clearly neither do you! King's Lynn are 15/8 on  (8/15 on is in effect 15/8)

5 hours ago, stevehone said:

i seem to remember the good old days and Ivan Mauger riding at number 2 for some meetings .. could be wrong

There were no restrictions back in the day. You are correct about Mauger. Gundersen did once agsinst Aces as well if i recall. Mort started 83 at number 4 For Aces. And plenty of examples of top of average not riding at 1.

It is the heat format which skews averages, not the format. 

7 hours ago, stevehone said:

i seem to remember the good old days and Ivan Mauger riding at number 2 for some meetings .. could be wrong

No, I may be wrong,   but I can never remember Ivan Mauger riding anywhere but No1.   He was the man everyone tried to emulate.    A masterful competitor that took professionalism to a new level...

Think i’ll Have a little tickle on that.  Poole 7/4 is decent odds in a 2 Horse race. 

As a Lynn fan, for me I win whatever the result 

3 hours ago, g13webb said:

No, I may be wrong,   but I can never remember Ivan Mauger riding anywhere but No1.   He was the man everyone tried to emulate.    A masterful competitor that took professionalism to a new level...

Pretty sure Exeter adopted that policy for part of a season ...Andy Campbell at one? Away meetings maybe? 84? 

• Like 1

So the strong whisper is that its Adam Ellis both home and away. Not confirmed anywhere officially yet but I'm sure his dad will let us know.;)

46 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

So the strong whisper is that its Adam Ellis both home and away. Not confirmed anywhere officially yet but I'm sure his dad will let us know.;)

One of the meetings I understand with another rider in the other due to the +5% home allowance on averages. 

52 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Strong whisper from Zagar Racing! I would think Pirates Of Poole is more believable.

Good guest especially at Poole where Ellis can be expected to get more than Kurtz

At Lynn though Ellis not managed that much from the easier number two role.

Ellis for Kurtz at Poole makes Poole stronger but away at Lynn I think Poole would be weaker 

4 hours ago, semion said:

Think i’ll Have a little tickle on that.  Poole 7/4 is decent odds in a 2 Horse race. 

As a Lynn fan, for me I win whatever the result 

I will be.

36 minutes ago, Gavan said:

Good guest especially at Poole where Ellis can be expected to get more than Kurtz

At Lynn though Ellis not managed that much from the easier number two role.

Ellis for Kurtz at Poole makes Poole stronger but away at Lynn I think Poole would be weaker 

Cant see where Ellis makes Poole stronger at home at all to be honest. 

Kurtz could easily have got double figures next week.