British Speedway Forum
Bagpuss

Poole v King’s Lynn Premiership Grand Final 1st leg 08/10/18

3 minutes ago, therefused said:

Cant see where Ellis makes Poole stronger at home at all to be honest. 

Kurtz could easily have got double figures next week. 

Ellie has rode at Poole and got 9 and 7 from 4 rides taking Brady from the back in one of those.

Brady has struggled at home most of the season and would just as likely get 5 as he would double figures.

Up against the best top 2 in the league in Lambert and Iversen I struggle to see how Brady would score double figures and certainly at Poole Ellis is certainly not weaker 

41 minutes ago, Gavan said:

Good guest especially at Poole where Ellis can be expected to get more than Kurtz

At Lynn though Ellis not managed that much from the easier number two role.

Ellis for Kurtz at Poole makes Poole stronger but away at Lynn I think Poole would be weaker 

Not sure much in it, Brady got 6 and 7 last couple of times but did manage to beat R Lambert last time we were there and Ellis scores are similar. At Poole I would much prefer Brady but Ellis is ok at Poole and is usually good for 6 or 7 . Debateable how much difference it will make, I expect most would prefer Brady to ride but that can't happen and I am sure Adam will give his best if it is him.

9 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Not sure much in it, Brady got 6 and 7 last couple of times but did manage to beat R Lambert last time we were there and Ellis scores are similar. At Poole I would much prefer Brady but Ellis is ok at Poole and is usually good for 6 or 7 . Debateable how much difference it will make, I expect most would prefer Brady to ride but that can't happen and I am sure Adam will give his best if it is him.

Where you can you always go with your own men that includes ht 15., but sadly us BV and now Somerset have little choice than to have either a guest or go RR.

Edited by Starman2006

Kurtz scored 6 from 5 in his last visit to Lynn. It was at 1 though.

Ellis 9 from 4 and 11 from 4. Ellis for Kurtz at Lynn is ok I think.

15 minutes ago, Gavan said:

Up against the best top 2 in the league in Lambert and Iversen I struggle to see how Brady would score double figures and certainly at Poole Ellis is certainly not weaker 

Why use Ellis’ previous score to explain how Poole are stronger, but not Brady’s 12 from 4 the last Kings Lynn visited, when he beat Lambert and Iversen twice each? It’s almost like you’re twisting things to suit your own agenda.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

Kurtz scored 6 from 5 in his last visit to Lynn. It was at 1 though.

Ellis 9 from 4 and 11 from 4. Ellis for Kurtz at Lynn is ok I think.

The last time he visited is probably representative of his season, 3 bad rides then goes out and beats Robert Lambert!

5 minutes ago, Nellie said:

Why use Ellis’ previous score to explain how Poole are stronger, but not Brady’s 12 from 4 the last Kings Lynn visited, when he beat Lambert and Iversen twice each? It’s almost like you’re twisting things to suit your own agenda.

Kurtz last 4 home meetings saw him score  2 from 4 rides, 12 from 5,  5 from 4,  and 5 from 4. I think that's a 5.77 average. I know it was at 1, but he hasn't been setting the world on fire.

He might of got 12, he may well have got 5, who knows. If it is Ellis, i'm pretty sure he will score 5.77, Kurtz average over the last four.. Having said that I would rather Kurtz than a guest at home. I think he has more of a chance of scoring 8 or more on the night over a guest, with the big crowd, at home and it being a play off. 

Away. Ellis Has bagged 9 from 4, and 11 from 4 in the recent double header, where Kurtz last visit saw him bag 6 points from 5 rides. Looks a decent guest(if it is him) to me.Anything can happen. Who knows?

2 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

Kurtz last 4 home meetings saw him score  2 from 4 rides, 12 from 5,  5 from 4,  and 5 from 4. I think that's a 5.77 average. I know it was at 1, but he hasn't been setting the world on fire.

He might of got 12, he may well have got 5, who knows. If it is Ellis, i'm pretty sure he will score 5.77, Kurtz average over the last four.. Having said that I would rather Kurtz than a guest at home. I think he has more of a chance of scoring 8 or more on the night over a guest, with the big crowd, at home and it being a play off. 

Away. Ellis Has bagged 9 from 4, and 11 from 4 in the recent double header, where Kurtz last visit saw him bag 6 points from 5 rides. Looks a decent guest(if it is him) to me.Anything can happen. Who knows?

Kurtz scored those at number one though and Ellis at three so, as I explained to Gavan yesterday, averages and past scores don’t really give the whole picture. Has it been announced anywhere that Ellis is guessing twice anyway? For what it’s worth, I agree with you. At Poole I would rather have Kurtz, but at the NA there’s not much in it, possibly erring towards Ellis.

Obviously,  it’s impossible to know in any meeting what would happen if injured riders were riding, that’s why I find it odd when Gavan states it so categorically.

who gives a $h1t who scored what where, i'm looking forward to 2 good meetings

• Like 8

If both tracks are good, we could be in for two of the best play off,s we had for a long time.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gavan said:

Ellie has rode at Poole and got 9 and 7 from 4 rides taking Brady from the back in one of those.

Brady has struggled at home most of the season and would just as likely get 5 as he would double figures.

Up against the best top 2 in the league in Lambert and Iversen I struggle to see how Brady would score double figures and certainly at Poole Ellis is certainly not weaker 

Carl Wilkinson once passed Woffinden at Kings Lynn. Who would you rather have in the team?

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, stevehone said:

This. Most people are way beyond caring already. It’s boring.

Roll on Monday.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, stevehone said:

Your not really entering into the spirit of this discussion are you?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, therefused said:

Carl Wilkinson once passed Woffinden at Kings Lynn. Who would you rather have in the team?

Brady beat Robert Lambert at Kings Lynn doesn't mean he would beat him again.