British Speedway Forum
Bagpuss

Poole v King’s Lynn Premiership Grand Final 1st leg 08/10/18

2 hours ago, Southampton Pirate said:

Well, not many people overtake Jason Doyle on the final bend in heat 15, which brings me to my point. WE'VE GOT BOMBER - ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE

Not what Poole and Wolves fans were saying in the 2 finals against Swindon 2012 and 2017 when he guested 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Still no official confirmation anywhere that Ellis is guesting - either at home or away?!

Edited by Skidder1

23 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Still no official confirmation anywhere that Ellis is guesting - either at home or away?!

Though you would know Skidder ;)

I would suggest that Lynn need to score 40 in Dorset to stay in the tie - I don’t see Poole getting a hiding at Saddlebow Road this time. 

37 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

I would suggest that Lynn need to score 40 in Dorset to stay in the tie - I don’t see Poole getting a hiding at Saddlebow Road this time. 

I'd agree Baggy. The Stars need NKI and the engine room all firing. Simon finds it tricky.

Something like the 

Lambo/ NKI 18 - 20 … Should be capable of that.

Riss/ TJ/Ty  15- 18 … Where my concern comes from at Poole..

MPT/ Lambert  6- 8 ….  As good as Simon has been, Poole don't seem to be one of his best.

Hopefully the upper end of the guestimate would be nice 

Everyone has different opinions, but the constant twit for tat posts are tiresome, just agree to disagree, talk speedway and nothing else, statistics can be used to fit any argument, it's what happens next week that matters, nothing is gained by looking backwards, FWIW I think Brady will be a loss as he's not at #1 now, less pressure and can see how the track is riding before he goes out, RR is risky as Somerset found out, let's all just look forward to what should be a cracking Final.:t:

Edited by noggin
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, noggin said:

Everyone has different opinions, but the constant twit for tat posts are tiresome, just agree to disagree, talk speedway and nothing else, statistics can be used to fit any argument, it's what happens next week that matters, nothing is gained by looking backwards, FWIW I think Brady will be a loss as he's not at #1 now, less pressure and can see how the track is riding before he goes out, RR is risky as Somerset found out, let's all just look forward to what should be a cracking Final.:t:

I'm sure Ford looked back at the recent scores of any guest he was thinking of asking. Bit like some have on here ;)

Should be a great final. I hope it's not over after the 1st leg. It makes for a better 2nd leg. The noise from the crowd at Poole out weighed the Lynn meeting by a long way. 

Lets hope for a close one.

3 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

I'm sure Ford looked back at the recent scores of any guest he was thinking of asking. Bit like some have on here ;)

Should be a great final. I hope it's not over after the 1st leg. It makes for a better 2nd leg. The noise from the crowd at Poole out weighed the Lynn meeting by a long way. 

Lets hope for a close one.

Would be good if it went down to the 30th heat, will be Interesting to see who steps up to the plate, who will be the hero, will the shouty twins perforate our eardrums :rofl:

1 hour ago, lisa-colette said:

Though you would know Skidder ;)

I think he might :lol:

4 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Interesting that Pinny was the first person to bring it up but you say nothing to him about it! Also a lot of times FB calls you out on stuff like Steve does but yet you say nothing to FB like you do to Steve. 

Don't bring me into it! 

14 hours ago, Gavan said:

Yes and you were wrong as usual. 

Kings Lynn are 15/8 on

Not 8/15 on which is in effect 15/8

You may get something right one day 

Excellent! You obviously get it. A pity someone else doesn't! A case of ignorance being bliss?  :rolleyes:

Just now, Starboy118 said:

A clear example of a little knowledge being a dangerous thing. For your edification, 8/15 is 15/8 on. (NOT 8/15 ON). Do you get it?

The man is never right.... I explained it to him and he still stands by the fact I know nothing and he is right. Making himself look foolish again

• Like 1

Just now, Starboy118 said:

Excellent! You obviously get it. A pity someone else doesn't! A case of ignorance being bliss?  :rolleyes:

I should get it I was manager of Ladbrokes in Aldgate for over a year think I know how odds work lol. The year the national was postponed for the bomb scare