British Speedway Forum
Bagpuss

Poole v King’s Lynn Premiership Grand Final 1st leg 08/10/18

4 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

7 quid won’t affect anyone or make much of a difference. Two Costa coffees or a bottle of cheap wine.

Don’t drink Costa coffee and I’m teetotal. £7 is a lot of money when your low paid so I’ll be watching on tv as it won’t cost me a penny!!

How can a Poole fan not turn up for the final (if they are local) just because its on tv? 

I wouldn’t miss it for virtually anything. Have to be there to hopefully see history made.

some people struggle with money and can't justify it, shame you haven't any sense of that reality

• Like 2

1 hour ago, stevehone said:

some people struggle with money and can't justify it, shame you haven't any sense of that reality

If you’re paying for BT you’re not struggling for money, or have you priorities wrong. That’s the reality. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

How can a Poole fan not turn up for the final (if they are local) just because its on tv? 

I wouldn’t miss it for virtually anything. Have to be there to hopefully see history made.

Don’t have the money to go and I can watch it on BT for free as I can watch it at a family members house.

4 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

I live in Wales and myself and a friend will be there but Kings Lynn is a No-No so thank goodness for BT, can totally understand that not every one can

afford to go so again thanks to BT, just a pity that its not on Freesports or any free to air channel so even more could enjoy Poole or Kings Lynn win the title

With the 'special, bumper, commemorative' programme being priced at 4 quid, I would be ok with a £25 entry fee including a programme!, but still nothing announced yet.

11 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

No grasp on many many people's reality. 

21 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

I agree...….

I think the result down in Dorset will be a bit wider myself, but I hope not. Lynn need to keep it to 10. I'm thinking of around 52-38.

Klindt , Josh and to a lesser extent Woryna will be the key here. Lynn's engine room haven't been great away from home lately, and I can see Klindt and Josh outscoring Lynn's trio of TJ, Riss and Ty on their own.

Poole also have the edge at reserve.

I have MPT around 7 from 5, but he may well get 6 rides, who knows.

I'm sure the all the 7 Stars will be giving it 100%, and in speedway, anything can happen on the night. 48-42 would look good to me ;)

Looking forward to watching it and hope all riders stay safe for the return at Lynn:t:.

Probably because we have never been regarded as winners, it is assumed we haven't got the fight and determination to succeed against a seasoned winners like Poole.    But I don't get this crap.   Whatever Poole have achieved in the past has nothing to do with the team the have now.   The only remaining members are Middlo and Ford and they don't even ride a bike.    Looking back the over the recent years, this must be one of the worse Poole teams I can remember.   The only problem we should be concerned about would be their  track, but apart from that  we should be really confident of doing well.     I will be disappointed and surprised if we lose the first leg by more than 3 or4 points.

We finished 10 pts clear of Poole in the league,  (that's more than 3 match results better)  yet fans and posters on here talk as though they have some divine right to always win...    Bomber magical win in heat 15  hides the embarrassment of losing to a severely weakened Somerset team.   Had they had a full team,  Poole wouldn't even had reached the final.      

This is probably the best team Lynn have had for many a year,  and represents a wonderful opportunity to get our name on that  trophy.  Our close, united team with loads of spirit has more than enough  strength to win this, ……..  Both teams are made up of predominately  Championship  riders,   the main difference is that Lynn have 2 world class riders in Niels and Lambert to spearhead the team .     On a good day we will win with points to spare.

A person who talks about a  14 point deficit, watches a different teams than the one  I see...….

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, g13webb said:

Probably because we have never been regarded as winners, it is assumed we haven't got the fight and determination to succeed against a seasoned winners like Poole.    But I don't get this crap.   Whatever Poole have achieved in the past has nothing to do with the team the have now.   The only remaining members are Middlo and Ford and they don't even ride a bike.    Looking back the over the recent years, this must be one of the worse Poole teams I can remember.   The only problem we should be concerned about would be their  track, but apart from that  we should be really confident of doing well.     I will be disappointed and surprised if we lose the first leg by more than 3 or4 points.

We finished 10 pts clear of Poole in the league,  (that's more than 3 match results better)  yet fans and posters on here talk as though they have some divine right to always win...    Bomber magical win in heat 15  hides the embarrassment of losing to a severely weakened Somerset team.   Had they had a full team,  Poole wouldn't even had reached the final.      

This is probably the best team Lynn have had for many a year,  and represents a wonderful opportunity to get our name on that  trophy.  Our close, united team with loads of spirit has more than enough  strength to win this, ……..  Both teams are made up of predominately  Championship  riders,   the main difference is that Lynn have 2 world class riders in Niels and Lambert to spearhead the team .     On a good day we will win with points to spare.

A person who talks about a  14 point deficit, watches a different teams than the one  I see...….

You massively underestimate the quality in this Poole team and the poor form of Riss and Jorgensen away from home. 

You've also got to remember that R.Lambert has got us out of plenty of brown stuff by having 6 rides away from home. That option isn't available in the Play-Offs. 

I hope you're right and we can keep it as close as 5 points but the truth is, we'll do very well to keep it within 10-15 points.

We're not as good away from home as some seem to think.

1 hour ago, BLACKHEART said:

Finances are tight for some fans just because they don't have the extra funds available to travel down to Wimborne Road or The Adrian Flux Arena doesn't mean to say they're not real fans. 

I can understand fans from Poole or KL not travelling to the away meeting as it is a day off work and £100 plus for the day. But if you are local, really, no excuse to not being there.

If you can’t afford the 20 quid, there is something seriously wrong with your finances.

44 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

You massively underestimate the quality in this Poole team and the poor form of Riss and Jorgensen away from home. 

You've also got to remember that R.Lambert has got us out of plenty of brown stuff by having 6 rides away from home. That option isn't available in the Play-Offs. 

I hope you're right and we can keep it as close as 5 points but the truth is, we'll do very well to keep it within 10-15 points.

We're not as good away from home as some seem to think.

We weren't to bad away from home,best in the league actually:wink:.Having said that we have had two humiliating defeats down there and i don't fancy our chances this time,but i do live in hope to keep it closer than the last two defeats.

4 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

I can understand fans from Poole or KL not travelling to the away meeting as it is a day off work and £100 plus for the day. But if you are local, really, no excuse to not being there.

If you can’t afford the 20 quid, there is something seriously wrong with your finances.

Steve,get in the real world,not everyone is as well off as you.Remember you bleating on about the pound getting weaker against the Euro and how it wasn't helping you.Not everyone can have some kind of business and i would think probably 50% of people only earn the minimum wage.So get of your high horse expecting everyone should be able to afford it,because it's a fact that not everybody can.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Hodgy said:

If you’re paying for BT you’re not struggling for money, or have you priorities wrong. That’s the reality. 

Isn't it free if you have BT broadband?