British Speedway Forum
Bagpuss

Poole v King’s Lynn Premiership Grand Final 1st leg 08/10/18

1 hour ago, Skidder1 said:

With the 'special, bumper, commemorative' programme being priced at 4 quid, I would be ok with a £25 entry fee including a programme!, but still nothing announced yet.

I don't buy a programme so I wouldn't want that! Hope you are not giving Matt ideas!! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, g13webb said:

Probably because we have never been regarded as winners, it is assumed we haven't got the fight and determination to succeed against a seasoned winners like Poole.    But I don't get this crap.   Whatever Poole have achieved in the past has nothing to do with the team the have now.   The only remaining members are Middlo and Ford and they don't even ride a bike.    Looking back the over the recent years, this must be one of the worse Poole teams I can remember.   The only problem we should be concerned about would be their  track, but apart from that  we should be really confident of doing well.     I will be disappointed and surprised if we lose the first leg by more than 3 or4 points.

We finished 10 pts clear of Poole in the league,  (that's more than 3 match results better)  yet fans and posters on here talk as though they have some divine right to always win...    Bomber magical win in heat 15  hides the embarrassment of losing to a severely weakened Somerset team.   Had they had a full team,  Poole wouldn't even had reached the final.      

This is probably the best team Lynn have had for many a year,  and represents a wonderful opportunity to get our name on that  trophy.  Our close, united team with loads of spirit has more than enough  strength to win this, ……..  Both teams are made up of predominately  Championship  riders,   the main difference is that Lynn have 2 world class riders in Niels and Lambert to spearhead the team .     On a good day we will win with points to spare.

A person who talks about a  14 point deficit, watches a different teams than the one  I see...….

If the final is as close as the Poole/Somerset SF then KL should just do it as stronger in H13 and 15. Unless Bomber has 2 blinders, which isn't out of the question.!

33 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

I can understand fans from Poole or KL not travelling to the away meeting as it is a day off work and £100 plus for the day. But if you are local, really, no excuse to not being there.

If you can’t afford the 20 quid, there is something seriously wrong with your finances.

Could be unemployed though, wouldn't be able to afford it then. 

We are very good away from home, our record and the league table shows that clearly.

The problem is we aren’t very good at Poole.

5 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

We are very good away from home, our record and the league table shows that clearly.

The problem is we aren’t very good at Poole.

We're very good away from home from heat 10 onwards as that's where we have a higher concentration of heats including Robert and Niels. Unfortunately most of our away defeats have been because our middle order are to weak. Poole could have their home meeting wrapped up by heat 9. I just don't think Riss, Jorgensen and MPT will deliver to keep the meeting close enough in the early heats.

19 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Isn't it free if you have BT broadband? 

No. They will make offers to retain or encourage new customers. BT Broadband is also not cheap. 

56 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

I can understand fans from Poole or KL not travelling to the away meeting as it is a day off work and £100 plus for the day. But if you are local, really, no excuse to not being there.

If you can’t afford the 20 quid, there is something seriously wrong with your finances.

Steve, your clearly  wearing blinkers mate. Not everybody can take a day of work willy nilly, and not everybody has a spare £100 floating around. People have to work mate, there is such a thing as bills to be paid, We are all not Art conniseurs like you. I have spoke to many many poole fans who used to go on a weekly basis, but can now no longer afford to. Peterol and Deisal are as high as they have been for years, Gas Electric going up all the time, i could go on and on mate. And im very sure that many KL fans can tell the same storry, unless you use a credit card...

Edited by Starman2006
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1

9 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

We're very good away from home from heat 10 onwards as that's where we have a higher concentration of heats including Robert and Niels. Unfortunately most of our away defeats have been because our middle order are to weak. Poole could have their home meeting wrapped up by heat 9. I just don't think Riss, Jorgensen and MPT will deliver to keep the meeting close enough in the early heats.

This is interesting as we tend to be better in the last third of the meeting, especially at home!!

32 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Isn't it free if you have BT broadband? 

BT 1, the  rest you pay for.

was all around the kings lynn area last night for a show attended, but saw no posters on display about the play off....whenever theres a circus in town, posters are up everywhere...not blaming the promotion, but bearing in mind kings lynn have never won the top flight league, would of thought plugging this everywhere may of helped...a little?

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

That could happen or we could gate really well and keep it really close. We certainly need to make good starts.

8 minutes ago, ColinMills said:

was all around the kings lynn area last night for a show attended, but saw no posters on display about the play off....whenever theres a circus in town, posters are up everywhere...not blaming the promotion, but bearing in mind kings lynn have never won the top flight league, would of thought plugging this everywhere may of helped...a little?

That seems to happen with a lot of Speedway clubs then the management complain about the attendance levels.

• Like 1

Hopefully the £££ increase will enable Matt to have 2 ambulances on site this week, sitting on hard wooden benches for 75 minutes listening to 80's records and bloody Nigel speak gibberish  is not the way to win the crowds back.

BT would not have been amused with 75 minutes of dead air time, thankfully the double header came to the rescue...

Just us the mug punters who took the fall!

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Fixer2 said:

Hopefully the £££ increase will enable Matt to have 2 ambulances on site this week, sitting on hard wooden benches for 75 minutes listening to 80's records and bloody Nigel speak gibberish  is not the way to win the crowds back.

BT would not have been amused with 75 minutes of dead air time, thankfully the double header came to the rescue...

Just us the mug punters who took the fall!

Well you could always pop in and see Matt and point out your suggestions. Or you could put your hand in your pocket and find £100k to re deck out the grandstand with seats like Torun has, and while your at it, you can buy us 80 ton of Red. Or you could sit at home and moan in front of a TV.

Edited by Starman2006