British Speedway Forum
Bagpuss

Poole v King’s Lynn Premiership Grand Final 1st leg 08/10/18

Off to hospital for head x rays, but initial diagnosis is no broken bones - fingers crossed he ok

1 minute ago, Fixer2 said:

Off to hospital for head x rays, but initial diagnosis is no broken bones - fingers crossed he ok

Concusion?

21 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Iversen has just crashed in Poland. High sided. Ambulance on track. I genuinely hope he is OK.

Oh **** I like Iversen. Hope it's not too bad. :(

Looking at it highly doubt he rides. We’ll do nothing with rider replacement but can’t see us getting a guest in now 

Even if he rides which looks highly doubtful he won’t be anywhere near his best after a crash like that.

This is the problem with Play Offs......yes it’s exciting and yes it gets big crowds and the tv companies love it but you ride a full league season and it often comes down to which team is lucky or unlucky with injuries in October and what sort of replacement can be cobbled together.

Could be a cricket score tomorrow if we have to go with R/R.

Edited by Bagpuss

Looks like the luck really is with Poole this season. Firstly Somerset having a weakened team and losing another rider and now Lynn having injury worries

Cant fo anything about injuries but the title really is being gift wrapped to Poole 

Poole were the 4th best team in the league and all the other 3 teams in the play offs have had their season ruined by injury’s 

Can’t think of a worse end to a season where a title is won by default 

If Stars go with r/r it’s all over feel so sorry for Lynn the best team this season and now looking like being 2nd because of injuries 

Iversen isn’t ruled out. No broken bones being reported.

How do Poole become the 4th best team when we finished third?:blink:

• Like 4

Just now, BLACKHEART said:

Wolverhampton v Swindon.

Absolutely. And Swindon nearly messed that up!

• Like 1

Just now, BLACKHEART said:

Wolverhampton v Swindon.

Doesn't count when Poole aren't involved.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Gavan said:

Poole were the 4th best team in the league and all the other 3 teams in the play offs have had their season ruined by injury’s 

Can’t think of a worse end to a season where a title is won by default 

If Stars go with r/r it’s all over feel so sorry for Lynn the best team this season and now looking like being 2nd because of injuries 

Batch? They can use Hans at Lynn apparently with a 5% above. Btw I'm not even joking about Batch, Poole are using a Swindon rider and Batch has done alright at Poole this season.. 

Pardon my ignorance but I thought you could only use a guest for your no 1. Did NKI scores hundreds of points whilst I was in Scotland:P

Heat leaders can be replaced by guests. 

1 minute ago, Star Lady said:

Pardon my ignorance but I thought you could only use a guest for your no 1. Did NKI scores hundreds of points whilst I was in Scotland:P

Not this year, hence Morris guests for Brady Kurtz at 5