British Speedway Forum
Bagpuss

Poole v King’s Lynn Premiership Grand Final 1st leg 08/10/18

14 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Batch? They can use Hans at Lynn apparently with a 5% above. Btw I'm not even joking about Batch, Poole are using a Swindon rider and Batch has done alright at Poole this season.. 

Batchelor is 7.88. Too high home or away. Ellis at Poole for KL and Ellis at KL for Poole. Now that WOULD be a farce.

Hopefully Iversen will declare himself fit to ride.

9 minutes ago, therefused said:

Not this year, hence Morris guests for Brady Kurtz at 5 

I'm obviously out of touch:D

if im honest I'd rather use r/r and win or lose with our own riders.

Perhaps KL will use Morris on Wednesday. Scored 10 & 11 when Swindon rode in the league and one rider guaranteed a winners medal, riding for both teams. Classic British speedway rules at their best.

• Like 1

Just now, double_O said:

Perhaps KL will use Morris on Wednesday. Scored 10 & 11 when Swindon rode in the league and one rider guaranteed a winners medal, riding for both teams. Classic British speedway rules at their best.

Would be farcical and make the sport look a complete joke. 

Just now, Steve Shovlar said:

That ship sailed years ago !

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Star Lady said:

I'm obviously out of touch:D

if im honest I'd rather use r/r and win or lose with our own riders.

But if someone else gets injured during the meeting you are completely screwed but I get what you mean. 

6 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

blimey.....speedway and rules don't go together....list is endless, nicholls riding for both finalists last year...a promotion relegation(joke idea), have a rider who represent both teams

If Iversen is out, KL can use Lambert, Proctor, Riss and Jorgensen. 

Iversen has scored 5 from 4 and 6 from 5 on his two visits to Poole this year.

So using the logic thrown at Poole fans when Brady got injured last week, he can easily be covered by R/R.

Let’s hope though that all this us nothing more than speculation.

7 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

If Iversen is out, KL can use Lambert, Proctor, Riss and Jorgensen. 

Iversen has scored 5 from 4 and 6 from 5 on his two visits to Poole this year.

So using the logic thrown at Poole fans when Brady got injured last week, he can easily be covered by R/R.

Let’s hope though that all this us nothing more than speculation.

But Iversen has rode better recently like in the Swedish playoffs. So like Brady you can't really predict what he would get. 

7 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

But Iversen has rode better recently like in the Swedish playoffs. So like Brady you can't really predict what he would get. 

Of course you can’t! I tried to make that point before. We are weaker with no Brady as KL might be with no Iversen.

2 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Of course you can’t! I tried to make that point before. We are weaker with no Brady as KL might be with no Iversen.

Yep, both teams could be weaker, stronger or just the same. Brady and Iversen both inconsistent this season. When they both ride well for their teams it seems to take the team over the winning line. 

If Iversen is ruled out of tomorrow then I guess it's either Ellis or maybe Thorsell (unsure on his average). Unless they can tempt Museliek off his hols or maybe Bellego? 

14 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Yep, both teams could be weaker, stronger or just the same. Brady and Iversen both inconsistent this season. When they both ride well for their teams it seems to take the team over the winning line. 

If Iversen is ruled out of tomorrow then I guess it's either Ellis or maybe Thorsell (unsure on his average). Unless they can tempt Museliek off his hols or maybe Bellego? 

Trouble is now most rider's are packed up and finished shame for king's Lynn if Niels is out 

First and formost, seriously hope Niels is ok, nasty looking crash.

Secondly, King's Lynn fans need to learn that this club is never destined to win the top league.

It is jinxed, end of.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

First and formost, seriously hope Niels is ok, nasty looking crash.

Secondly, King's Lynn fans need to learn that this club is never destined to win the top league.

It is jinxed, end of.

hard to believe they never won it with that Australian line up, back in the PROPER league days

11 minutes ago, ColinMills said:

hard to believe they never won it with that Australian line up, back in the PROPER league days

When did KL have an Australian line up? I remember Peterborough having one in the early 2000s maybe, but not KL