British Speedway Forum
Bagpuss

Poole v King’s Lynn Premiership Grand Final 1st leg 08/10/18

Just now, foreverblue said:

He doesn't ride in the top league though.

What you saying he is in the crap league lol

• Like 1

If Ellis rides for both sides the result becomes meaningless and the 'sport' is confirming itself as the joke that many outside it believe it to be

• Like 5

Just now, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

If Ellis rides for both sides the result becomes meaningless and the 'sport' is confirming itself as the joke that many outside it believe it to be

Oh its one of the most unprofessional sports if you can call it that to exist 

Just now, Steve Shovlar said:

Can you point to the rule?

It was a big point made in the post agm press release - perhaos it never made it into the book....

Just now, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

The rider should have said I am already booked, sorry. I know riders like bookings but on the occassion, for the good of the sport, he should tell Lynn they are too late.

2 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

The showpiece event, the pinnacle of the league season, live on tv in front of a huge audience, and we have a rider turning out for both teams.

How can this possibly be allowed to happen? It is beyond a joke. Surely such a scenario should never be allowed to happen for the good of the sport. The presenters are going to have fun explaining that one away.

If Iversen had got injured last week and they had booked Ellis, there’s no way on gods earth I would want a rider in my team who rode for the opposition in the other leg. The rules should have covered this.

I know riders need to earn a living and take bookings, but this is the final, not a cup meeting or even just a league meeting. It comes across of a footy match with mates over the wreck. One team loses a player when his mum shouts out teas ready so one lad swaps sides to even it up.

How can the sport be taken seriously when this happens? It’s ruined the final.

Quite agree i would rather both teams went with r/r, this would probably put us at a disadvantage but would look better for the sport on tv. 

• Like 1

Why don’t the two club just come to a agreement that Ellis rides for Stars both legs and Morris rides for Pirates both legs.

easy 

27 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Then the whole final has become an absolute farce. A rider riding for both clubs is beyond bad.

Surely morris for us and ellis for kings lynn joke joke 

2 minutes ago, ZagarRacing said:

Why don’t the two club just come to a agreement that Ellis rides for Stars both legs and Morris rides for Pirates both legs.

easy 

Far too sensible BSPA would never allow it!

2 minutes ago, ray c said:

Morris can't ride for Poole at Lynn. Average to high. Other way round will fit though.

Edited by Bald Bloke

5 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

The rider should have said I am already booked, sorry. I know riders like bookings but on the occassion, for the good of the sport, he should tell Lynn they are too late.

Maybe Lynn have persuaded him (£££££) to ride for them in both legs and he's done a U turn??

Edited by The Stag

Middlo far from happy with this situation. Says it makes the sport an effin joke. No rule in place to stop it happening. Said a lot more not for this forum!

Can only echo the sentiments of others. Lost all interest now.

Everybody, and I mean everybody involved in this decision should be ashamed.

3 minutes ago, ray c said:

And the other way around Wednesday. Joke!