British Speedway Forum
Bagpuss

Poole v King’s Lynn Premiership Grand Final 1st leg 08/10/18

3 hours ago, tellboy said:

So that basically leaves Lynn the only option of R/R really for Iversen if he is out.What a way to end the season if this is the case.Over the course of the season you can get over these things,but when it's just down to 2 matches you are pretty well screwed.

But a fit for purpose RR system would lessen the blow...

Two rides for Lambert and two rides for the next rider below NKI in the averages..

Poole could do the same with Kurtz. Two rides for the rider above him and two for the one below..

You could even split it for home and away meetings

Eg Kurtz is No1 in the averages at home so all riders below him could take two rides up to a max of seven each..

When away as the number three in the away averages the rider above him two and the one below him two. (Harris and Grajczoneck)..

Still, no point in trying to bring in credibility, that would never do..

2 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Feel sorry for Adam Ellis in a way, apart from his bank balance he is in a no win situation.

No. He could have said, “sorry, already booked by Poole. It would look bad to turn up for both teams in the final. Have to pass I am afraid”.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Gavan said:

So can someone please tell me what King’s Lynn have done wrong?

Should they go into the biggest 2 meetings with r/r and hand the league to Poole?? 

The majority of Poole fans having a go at Lynn is laughable all the rule bending and stunts pulled over the years and now King’s Lynn have broke NO rules at all and the Poole fans think that Ellis shouldn’t ride in the best interest of the sport!!! You have to laugh at the double standards of the fools on the south coast. I’m sure if it was the other way round not one Poole fan would moan about the sports credibility.

How many riders are available to Kings Lynn for tomorrow??? Hardly any. So the Kings Lynn promotion should ‘ in the interests of the sport’ not book the best guest available lol

Poole has it easy in the semis against a weakened Somerset and have now seen a gp rider replaced by a third heat leader and they panicking.

I love the mob from the south coast with the party lines all set up now...... we won despite Kings Lynn using Ellis / we lost because Kings Lynn used Ellis....... just delete as appropriate.

Poole fans thinking Kings Lynn should just hand the trophy to them! 

Kurtz injured first .....Poole can get best guest available

Iversen injured........how dare Kings Lynn get the next best guest!!

Come on you Stars 

Fans from all different teams have said it makes the sport look a joke when one rider is riding for both teams. 

• Like 1

All the reports I have heard this year is of the viewing numbers have increased with a really competitive GP series, some excellent racing from the NSS and now, at the showpiece meetings of the UK calendar, poor old Natalie, Nigel and Kelv ( MBE )  will have to explain how a rider can ride for both teams but not be a rider for either. Come on BBC/Sky how can you not signup a multi million pound a year contract with BSPA with Buster in charge. Are they blind to how ridiculous this makes their management of the sport is.

2 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

No. He could have said, “sorry, already booked by Poole. It would look bad to turn up for both teams in the final. Have to pass I am afraid”.

It isn't up to him or KL , the rule is wrong. He isn't going to turn down extra money.

• Like 4

Quite right.  Ellis is just going about his job.  I thought they had closed this crazy loop hole?

1 minute ago, semion said:

Quite right.  Ellis is just going about his job.  I thought they had closed this crazy loop hole?

Half closed! He has got to be the worst chairman ever, and that's hard to do.

i'm sure Adam is professional enough to give his all in both meetings, and fair play to him, he's self employed.

a good rider on both tracks, so expecting good points from him in both meetings.

if anything needs blaming it's certainly not Adam, it's the rules

• Like 3

Maybe the best thing is to declare the play-offs null and avoid and just go with the League finishing order.  

Or is it just about the money !!!! Don’t bother answering that.  Pleassse

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Half closed! He has got to be the worst chairman ever, and that's hard to do.

There was me thinking they all voted on the rules:o

4 hours ago, foreverblue said:

You are not having a dig Steve nor am i, he says i am twisting things, i am not i am just trying to make him see what you meant. 

I'd give up if I were you because it's impossible. :D

• Like 1

It has become a total farce. Won't waste anytime watching either meeting.

Edited by Col

This is why the governing body should be independent, you can all get on your high horses about Buster all you like BUT push cones to shove he is in a no win situation.

If he didn't use Adam Ellis tomorrow he would not be doing his Kings Lynn position justice.

And by allowing it to happen he is not doing British speedway chairmanship justice.

Until regulations are set independently from those with vested interests then these sorts of circumstances will always crop up.

And any Poole fan who thinks that Ford and Middleditch would nt have done exactly the same if roles were reversed, are blinkered beyond belief.

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, tellboy said:

There was me thinking they all voted on the rules:o

What did he say when he first became chairman...

everything was gonna to be transparent, clear and have intrigity? Nothing about the guest situation shows he has 'strong moral principles' !!  I know it's a rule blah blah blah but it would be good if people put their desperation for a league title aside and made a common sense decision that doesn't pee everyone off!

9 minutes ago, teaboy279 said:

This is why the governing body should be independent, you can all get on your high horses about Buster all you like BUT push cones to shove he is in a no win situation.

If he didn't use Adam Ellis tomorrow he would not be doing his Kings Lynn position justice.

And by allowing it to happen he is not doing British speedway chairmanship justice.

Until regulations are set independently from those with vested interests then these sorts of circumstances will always crop up.

And any Poole fan who thinks that Ford and Middleditch would nt have done exactly the same if roles were reversed, are blinkered beyond belief.

I can't say I disagree with any of that but none the less it's devalued the final for me from something I was looking forward too to not being interested now.

A chance for Poole to claim the moral high ground now and cancel Ellis's booking and ride with 6. Everyone would be supporting Poole then!  ......... Wouldn't they? :-/