British Speedway Forum
Bagpuss

Poole v King’s Lynn Premiership Grand Final 1st leg 08/10/18

1 hour ago, Gavan said:

So can someone please tell me what King’s Lynn have done wrong?

Should they go into the biggest 2 meetings with r/r and hand the league to Poole?? 

The majority of Poole fans having a go at Lynn is laughable all the rule bending and stunts pulled over the years and now King’s Lynn have broke NO rules at all and the Poole fans think that Ellis shouldn’t ride in the best interest of the sport!!! You have to laugh at the double standards of the fools on the south coast. I’m sure if it was the other way round not one Poole fan would moan about the sports credibility.

How many riders are available to Kings Lynn for tomorrow??? Hardly any. So the Kings Lynn promotion should ‘ in the interests of the sport’ not book the best guest available lol

Poole has it easy in the semis against a weakened Somerset and have now seen a gp rider replaced by a third heat leader and they panicking.

I love the mob from the south coast with the party lines all set up now...... we won despite Kings Lynn using Ellis / we lost because Kings Lynn used Ellis....... just delete as appropriate.

Poole fans thinking Kings Lynn should just hand the trophy to them! 

Kurtz injured first .....Poole can get best guest available

Iversen injured........how dare Kings Lynn get the next best guest!!

Come on you Stars 

This comment doesnt surprise me in the slightest sums u up and the bspa chairman !!!!!

This is an absolutely awful situation for British Speedway to be in.

For the good of both teams and integrity Ellis should ride both meetings for Poole and Morris for King's Lynn. Or both teams run R/R.

The idea that both guests could be on opposite sides 48hrs later is simply totally embarrassing for British Speedway.

This is King's Lynn's first chance of a top flight title in many a year, probably only chance for another 18yrs, and this happens.

It really has dampened and damaged the mood all round for almost every British Speedway fan.

British Speedway has literally died. 

Cannot be excited about this final and to think of the poor sods spending small fortunes to attend these jokes of a meetings.

A very very sad day and hollow victory for either club.

The BSPA President, Chairman and Vice-Chairman should hang their heads in shame and resign.

Surely this can’t devalue Speedway ?   Speedway that runs with 7 sevens in its major League and then after 6 months the 7 teams are whittled down to 4 who then ride 4 money spinning legs to decide who meets in the final shoot out.  Where those loyal fans are ‘rewarded’ by 50% (circa) uplift in admission charges.

So tell me, why are you lot moaning about it.  There are choices in this world 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Daniel Smith said:

This is an absolutely awful situation for British Speedway to be in.

For the good of both teams and integrity Ellis should ride both meetings for Poole and Morris for King's Lynn. Or both teams run R/R.

The idea that both guests could be on opposite sides 48hrs later is simply totally embarrassing for British Speedway.

This is King's Lynn's first chance of a top flight title in many a year, probably only chance for another 18yrs, and this happens.

It really has dampened and damaged the mood all round for almost every British Speedway fan.

British Speedway has literally died. 

Cannot be excited about this final and to think of the poor sods spending small fortunes to attend these jokes of a meetings.

A very very sad day and hollow victory for either club.

The BSPA President, Chairman and Vice-Chairman should hang their heads in shame and resign.

By attending either Final every fan who does so will 100% endorse the Promoters policies and processes...

Just like they do all season...

Is this situation really much more of a farce than say Brady Kurtz putting in a man of the match performance to help BV knock Swindon out of the very same play offs? Kurtz riding for them because the meeting was arranged (and agreed to by both teams) to be ran on a night when Craig Cook was scheduled to ride elsewhere for Glasgow!

I think there is a certain synergy in what will happen...

A Season long farce has a Season ending farce...

A fitting tribute and ending...

And one several thousand will support, and therefore by being in attendance, provide their very own stamp of approval and blessing to allow more and more of the same..

ad infinitum...

Edited by mikebv
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, foreverblue said:

We would rather have Brady than Morris thanks you seem to think we have had all the luck.  Iversen isn't even out yet and if he is out they can get a guest who will probably score more than Iversen as he has been poor at Poole this season although like Poole without Brady im sure KL would like to have a full team of their own riders without guests. 

Not the first time we have been let down by Niels this season,  but there are no guests who can replace world quality.  He is irreplaceable when the chips are down.  He virtually guarantees 5-1 in both heat 13 and 15 that usually ensures a winning position.   Because of his low CMA we could never benefit from a guest like Poole have done with Kurtz .  When comparing the losses of each  team, you have to question the necessity of the Play-offs at all .   

Panto season just round the corner, this lot of rubbish is the warm up, what a tragic sport speedway has become in england

Edited by ruckerroo

7 hours ago, foreverblue said:

Fans from all different teams have said it makes the sport look a joke when one rider is riding for both teams. 

Unfortunately the sport in this country is a joke too many rules promoters bending and twisting the rules to suit their own needs

i personally lost interest in the top league after the Belle vue v Poole fiasco up in Manchester a few years ago 

7 hours ago, foreverblue said:

Feel sorry for Adam Ellis in a way, apart from his bank balance he is in a no win situation.

not quite correct

.....he's guaranteed a winners medal

....oh yeah and a runners up medal as well:rofl:

I don't blame him at all but it's an utter farce.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Of course it’s a farce but the rules allow it - so no one has done anything wrong.  It certainly is a stupid situation that could be avoided with cooperation between the promoters - but they are only interested in their own club’s self interest.  If they can’t agree the use of guests (so that a rider doesn’t ride for both teams) then it should be RR for both teams.

Edited by Steve0
  • Like 3

12 minutes ago, Star Lady said:

not quite correct

.....he's guaranteed a winners medal

....oh yeah and a runners up medal as well:rofl:

I don't blame him at all but it's an utter farce.

:D

Maybe to help Nige and Kelvin explain this nonsense he could be called Adam Ellis in the first match...

And Edam Allis in the second...

They could tell the audience that the 'new man' is the Dutch No1...:D

• Like 2

This is a problem the play-offs give you,there always seems to be injuries at the end of the season.Since play-offs began how many of the finals have both sides been at full strength?Genuine question.

7 hours ago, teaboy279 said:

This is why the governing body should be independent, you can all get on your high horses about Buster all you like BUT push cones to shove he is in a no win situation.

If he didn't use Adam Ellis tomorrow he would not be doing his Kings Lynn position justice.

And by allowing it to happen he is not doing British speedway chairmanship justice.

Until regulations are set independently from those with vested interests then these sorts of circumstances will always crop up.

And any Poole fan who thinks that Ford and Middleditch would nt have done exactly the same if roles were reversed, are blinkered beyond belief.

So what would be the alternative, both having to go with r/r, maybe that's the answer but until yesterday Lynn didn't need a guest... so just tell Morris he's not now required, same with Adam, sorted. 

• Like 1

Dale Allitt has tweeted that he was on the blower for six hours yesterday so I think it’s safe to assume that every possible avenue was explored before Adam Ellis was booked. Lynn have been left with very little realistic choice unfortunately. 

I will never understand why the play offs ever started. To me in 'the old days' back in 60s 70s whoever was top of the league at the end of the season were the winners. That is how it should still be IMO

I cannot stand all the individual meetings where riders who go through the field unbeaten have to be penalised by having to race against another 7 riders when that rider should be called champion. The same goes for any meetings where this happens.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, whippy said:

I will never understand why the play offs ever started. To me in 'the old days' back in 60s 70s whoever was top of the league at the end of the season were the winners. That is how it should still be IMO

I cannot stand all the individual meetings where riders who go through the field unbeaten have to be penalised by having to race against another 7 riders when that rider should be called champion. The same goes for any meetings where this happens.

I would of thought it was pretty obvious why any sport has play offs. 

Edited by foreverblue