British Speedway Forum
Bagpuss

Poole v King’s Lynn Premiership Grand Final 1st leg 08/10/18

21 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Of course I will be there, but its badly tarnished. Normally pretty apprehensive for these meetings but it now feels very flat. Such a shame.

Could ask for reduced price admission on the basis “that I thought I was getting a Rolls Royce but I’m only getting a mini”!

22 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Of course I will be there, but its badly tarnished. Normally pretty apprehensive for these meetings but it now feels very flat. Such a shame.

You will be full of it if you win.

• Like 1

If Ellis rides for both teams, british speedway doesn’t deserve a fan base, it’s an embarrassment 

• Like 6

Enough of the argument of who guests for who. We can't alter it. So let's all head to Poole and cheer our teams on. Come on Kings Lynn we can do this.  The stars team have a chance to go from team members to heroes.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

It's so simple to rectify this situation r/r at both meetings cant believe that both promoters haven't agreed to this for the credibility of our sport

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Poland is completely different where it is the most popular sport, Sweden crowds are similar to ours judging by the attendances at most tv meetings.

Football and volleyball are the two most popular sports in Poland.

The average league attendance in Sweden according to SVEMO figures is 3235. British promoters can only dream of those figures even for the playoffs.

The lowest recorded attendance at a  Swedish league meeting in 2018 was 1634.

Edited by MARK246
Additional information

4 minutes ago, Gavan said:

All those having a dig at me im not saying its not a farce.

But Kings Lynn have acted 100% within the rules i cant see why anyone thinks different.

What are Kings Lynn supposed to do?

Roll over? Go r/r and be weaker?

Why are Poole fans blaming Kings Lynn?

Poole have Swindons second heat leader guesting for their third heat leader

Kings Lynn have Swindons FOURTH best rider guesting for their second heat leader.............that by anyones standards is advantage Poole.

I just find it very difficult with some Poole fans saying it harms the sport........im not saying it doesnt.........but how many times have Poole cheated and bent every rule going to get an advantage.....bit rich for their fans to claim the moral high ground...and i say it once again Kings Lynn have done nothing wrong at all.

Its been stated that Allitt was looking for a long time to find a guest but if people arent willing to take the booking what are Lynn supposed to do? Just hand Poole the league.

Poole are huge favourites and this is why i dont like the play offs...................injuries to teams at the wrong time makes it a farce. Belle Vue had little chance of beating Kings Lynn......and Somerset all credit to them had little chance against Poole, and now Lynn have lost a GP star replaced by a non heat leader.

As you know I have never supported Matt Ford's dodgy bending of the rules and I quite agree it isn't the slightest bit KL's fault, we don't even know why Iversen isn't riding as he hasn't been injured. The form Ellis is in right now I was a little surprised we didn't chose him in the first place as I would prefer the same team riding in both legs . I would prefer it for both teams to go with r/r but that isn't going to happen. It is very debateable given Morris has not had his best season and isn't the most reliable rider who is the better rider at the moment. Poole are not favourites at all, I would be very surprised if the odds have changed much at the bookies.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ray c said:

It's so simple to rectify this situation r/r at both meetings cant believe that both promoters haven't agreed to this for the credibility of our sport

But then in a way thats punishing Poole and thats not right either.

Kurtz got injured and rightly Poole have gone for a superior guest like they are allowed to.

Iversen gets injured and Kings Lynn have every right to get a guest, just so happens he isnt in the class of Iversen.

Kings Lynn can go for the best guest available to them and they have done that.

What if the rule was in place and like this injury has happened last minute , that would leave Lynn weak with r/r or having to go with a lower guest like Zach or Bellego............that would be just as much of a farce

Edited by Gavan

11 minutes ago, MARK246 said:

Football and volleyball are the two most popular sports in Poland.

The average league attendance in Sweden according to SVEMO figures is 3235. British promoters can only dream of those figures even for the playoffs 

They certainly don't reach that figure in the tv meetings I have seen. At least speedway in Poland is 3rd most popular!

Edited by foreverblue

Just now, Gavan said:

But then in a way thats punishing Poole and thats not right either.

Kurtz got injured and rightly Poole have gone for a superior guest like they are allowed to.

The sport loses any credibility it has left with decisions like this , I agree they should both go with r/r or  have the same guest for home and away

• Like 1

Just now, foreverblue said:

The sport loses any credibility it has left with decisions like this , I agree they should both go with r/r or  have the same guest for home and away

The sport lost credibilty along time ago and whatever way you dress it up, Poole are the main culprits.

I dont believe that just because Iversen got injured that Poole should have to change their plans.......and at the same time Lynn should go and get the best guest they can

6 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

As you know I have never supported Matt Ford's dodgy bending of the rules and I quite agree it isn't the slightest bit KL's fault, we don't even know why Iversen isn't riding as he hasn't been injured. The form Ellis is in right now I was a little surprised we didn't chose him in the first place as I would prefer the same team riding in both legs . I would prefer it for both teams to go with r/r but that isn't going to happen. It is very debateable given Morris has not had his best season and isn't the most reliable rider who is the better rider at the moment. Poole are not favourites at all, I would be very surprised if the odds have changed much at the bookies.

I take it you’ve seen Iversen’s crash? No bones broken but it’s pretty obvious why he’s not riding tonight and I highly doubt he will on Wednesday either.

Well nothing is now going to change. We are just going to suck it up. What a shame for the sport and final.

4 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

I take it you’ve seen Iversen’s crash? No bones broken but it’s pretty obvious why he’s not riding tonight and I highly doubt he will on Wednesday either.

I have seen the crash but I have seen worse and the rider has ridden straight afterwards. There doesn't seem to be any information on exactly why he can't ride, I don't blame him for not wanting to ride after a crash like that but just wondered if there is a physical reason why he can't ride.

Q- if Iversen got injured first (before Kurtz) and KL had already booked Eliis for Monday, would this have stopped Poole booking him for Weds ? 

As a neutral  I think Poole are massively advantaged with the guest situation as Iversen will be missed more by KL than Kurtz for Poole.

• Like 2