British Speedway Forum
Bagpuss

Poole v King’s Lynn Premiership Grand Final 1st leg 08/10/18

1 minute ago, Bald Bloke said:

If most of the fans are saying the same, do you think that it didn't cross Ford and Busters mind... Really ?

Probably not. Ellis got 12 at Peterborough yesterday and Morris 10  so advantage Ellis.

Edited by foreverblue

2 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Probably not.

:rofl: Ok

My guess in order are.....

Bad Rules

Ford said no

What do you expect Buster to do in the play off final, if Ford said no !!!

Edited by Bald Bloke

12 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Yes he has been in very good form lately, got a massive score for Peterborough although they still lost.

Riding at reserve on his home track a bit different than a premiership grand final

Speedway in the UK has this remarkable ability to shoot itself in the foot far too often. Anybody can see what a farce this is and how it further destroys the credibility of the sport. Both promotions, the BSPA and the SCB need to find a solution that doesn't make the sport and the play offs look ridiculous. It's not difficult, as many have suggested r/r, whilst not ideal, at least avoids it being a pantomime.

This is yet another example of those responsible putting the interests of club before the interests of the sport at large. They should be ashamed of themselves.

• Like 3

We as a club have bent over backwards supporting Niels over the years, and am disappointed that he never considered how important the play-off was to this club this week.  I appreciate he wanted to compete in the Gollob Charity meeting, but at what expense.  He has let the whole of the club down with this injury.  and its not the first time we have suffered  this season, because his cavalier attitude.  The time is fast approaching when we have to ask,  is it worth a club spending big bucks for a top rider when they only put importance in themselves.    Very disappointed with the way it has all turned out....

We know speedway is a dangerous sport, if Adam Ellis was to come off and was injured tonight and Poole were unable to book another guest for Wednesday and had to turn up and run with r/r try to explain to the TV viewer the reason Poole haven't got a full team is the rider who should be in their side tonight was in the King's Lynn side on Monday and was hit by one of the riders he should be riding with tonight? The simple thing would run r/r not perfect I know for both, this isn't about Poole or King's Lynn it's about shambles of speedway in this country.

18 minutes ago, Greener21 said:

Riding at reserve on his home track a bit different than a premiership grand final

Yes I know but just pointing out he is in good form.

13 minutes ago, g13webb said:

We as a club have bent over backwards supporting Niels over the years, and am disappointed that he never considered how important the play-off was to this club this week.  I appreciate he wanted to compete in the Gollob Charity meeting, but at what expense.  He has let the whole of the club down with this injury.  and its not the first time we have suffered  this season, because his cavalier attitude.  The time is fast approaching when we have to ask,  is it worth a club spending big bucks for a top rider when they only put importance in themselves.    Very disappointed with the way it has all turned out....

Are you serious? 

24 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

:rofl: Ok

My guess in order are.....

Bad Rules

Ford said no

What do you expect Buster to do in the play off final, if Ford said no !!!

I haven't blamed anyone just voiced an opinion of what I think should happen in the interest of the sport and it's viewing public. It was never going to happen as nobody cares.

OK it’s time to put this mess behind us and try to look forward to the final. For those travelling down from Kings Lynn, the weather is dry and overcast. No rain is forecast so it’s all good to go.

I believe Kings Lynn are far stronger with Ellis in the team. It should be relatively easy to outscore Iversens efforts this year. Lynn are certainly strengthened tonight. If Iversen doesn’t ride in the second leg they could be weakened but around Wimborne Road Iversen is not a serious threat.

Poole need to start the meeting far better then we did against Somerset. We can’t afford to wait until heat 8 before waking up.

Very hard one to call. I think we need 12-14 points to be in with a shout of winning the title. Not going to be easy to get any type of lead.  Just hope it’s a great meeting.

28 minutes ago, Thecatalyst said:

Anyone know how much to get in tonight?

It will cost you your soul ;)

37 minutes ago, Aces51 said:

Speedway in the UK has this remarkable ability to shoot itself in the foot far too often. Anybody can see what a farce this is and how it further destroys the credibility of the sport. Both promotions, the BSPA and the SCB need to find a solution that doesn't make the sport and the play offs look ridiculous. It's not difficult, as many have suggested r/r, whilst not ideal, at least avoids it being a pantomime.

This is yet another example of those responsible putting the interests of club before the interests of the sport at large. They should be ashamed of themselves.

As gutted as I was at the Aces not making the final I'm glad we are not now any part of it, not sour grapes but just feeling we have dodged a bullet by not being linked with this farce that is unfolding.

It's no wonder everyone thinks speedway fans are weirdos , we are..

Edited by nw42
grammar

Poole boss Matt Ford has acknowledged that whilst the King's Lynn Stars use of Adam Ellis as a guest rider for tonight's Premiership play-off first leg is "not ideal", it is permitted within the regulations.

Ford booked Ellis last week for the Pirates second leg visit to Norfolk this coming Wednesday after it was evident that Brady Kurtz would be a certain absentee from the Pirates' 10th play off final and then on Sunday King's Lynn found themselves in search of a replacement for Niels-Kristian Iversen who was injured in Poland, and Ellis fitted the bill for them too.

Ford explained "We have had a great deal of correspondence today asking how is it possible that Adam will be riding against us tonight but for us on Wednesday and whilst I accept it is not an ideal situation, there is nothing in the rules to prevent this happening. We declared our line-up to King's Lynn last week in accordance with the requirements so they were fully aware that we had booked Adam for Wednesday, and as we were able to go 5% above Brady's average for the home leg I took the decision to utilise Nick Morris for tonight. Whilst the rules preclude teams booking guests from clubs that have already competed in the play-offs, therefore ruling out riders from Somerset and Belle Vue of course, there is nothing to prevent more than one side booking the same rider in different meetings of the play-offs."

Tonight's meeting gets underway at 7.30pm with the gates opening from 6pm.

Ticket prices are £20 Adults; £17 OAPs & Concessions; £14 Students; £8 Youth (11-15); £4 Child (5-10); £45 Family ticket (2 Adults/2 Child).

Programme - 40 page special £4