British Speedway Forum
Bagpuss

Poole v King’s Lynn Premiership Grand Final 1st leg 08/10/18

4 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

You are contradicting yourself a little bit!

I'm not, you have not understood my post.

It should not fall upon Adam Ellis to uphold the credibility of the sport. it should be up to the teams/promoters.

Poor guy just wants to put food on his table. Hope he scores a maximum tonight : )

53 minutes ago, Pirates Of Poole said:

Let’s make one thing very clear with people using facts and figures - up to 27th September Nick Morris average is 6.74 - Brady is 6.75 this is confirmed on the Swindon speedway site!

Nope. These are the averages you go by  Morris 6.91 Kurtz 6.75.

Speedwaygp green sheet averages

It's great that 1 rider is riding for each team, but Poole have a rider that was not/ is not legal in the second leg..:blink:

It fits the other way around...

I'm guessing Fords toys started to launch out of his pram, so they bent the rules for him :nono:

Edited by Bald Bloke
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, BLACKHEART said:

Common sense prevails. 

Or a SCB bribe to keep Matt Ford interested in UK speedway

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, E I Addio said:

I love Rob Gofreys comment : “ There was risk of damaging the credibility of the sport........”:rofl::rofl:

:D

Thank goodness it's deemed completely credible to watch two Swindon riders racing against each other, after spending all season long riding as Swindon team mates,  who will now try and win titles for two teams, neither of which are Swindon...

Phew...

Well done the BSPA...

Could have been a tad embarrassing if they hadn't sorted it so well...

Edited by mikebv
  • Like 5

3 minutes ago, BLACKHEART said:

British Speedway vice-chairman Rob Godfrey said: “There was a serious risk of damaging the credibility of our sport because of the guest riders switching clubs after the first leg.

“We all agreed this cannot be allowed to happen at a time when the sport is enjoying such a high profile with a British World Champion crowned at the weekend.

It clearly say's above and I quote 'We all agreed this cannot be allowed to happen'

That's fine, it was a bit silly.. But they give Poole a rider who only fits for 1 leg, where the both fit if it was the other way around... Only in UK speedway

17 minutes ago, Arthur54 said:

Gavan if you're team put as much effort as you do on the Poole threads, they might of been in the playoffs 

He doesn't have a clue what Ipswich have done this season. He's too busy on Poole threads.

3 minutes ago, kluson said:

does anyone have the team line ups

POOLE: Chris Harris, Josh Grajczonek, Kacper Woryna, Nicolai Klindt, Nick Morris, Richie Worrall, Frederik Jakobsen.

KING'S LYNN: Robert Lambert, Erik Riss, Ty Proctor, Thomas Jorgensen, Adam Ellis, Michael Palm Toft, Simon Lambert.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Gavan said:

And your point is?

Means they are both of similar standard

Ellis isnt as good as Iversen, as the averages clearly show.............meaning Lynn are weaker...........even more so now that the rules have been changed to help Poole

How have the rules changed to help Poole? 

Kurtz 6.75 replaced by Morris 6.74! 

Morris is 6.91.. Fits at Poole with the 5% home allowance, but to high at Lynn

Edited by Bald Bloke

3 minutes ago, Pirates Of Poole said:

How have the rules changed to help Poole? 

Kurtz 6.75 replaced by Morris 6.74! 

Because Poole can now use a rider that should be ineligible for the second leg

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, TooMuchGrip said:

POOLE: Chris Harris, Josh Grajczonek, Kacper Woryna, Nicolai Klindt, Nick Morris, Richie Worrall, Frederik Jakobsen.

KING'S LYNN: Robert Lambert, Erik Riss, Ty Proctor, Thomas Jorgensen, Adam Ellis, Michael Palm Toft, Simon Lambert.

Thanks very much really appreciate that

8 minutes ago, TooMuchGrip said:

Whilst I expect this to be close, those line ups show the decline in a "top flight" play off fixture

• Like 1