British Speedway Forum
Bagpuss

Poole v King’s Lynn Premiership Grand Final 1st leg 08/10/18

5 minutes ago, moxey63 said:

Speedway is like X-Factor. Go through all the months of sifting through the dross and usually Poole find a way to win. Usually, it's only the last few weeks that matter and seems totally manufactured.   

No wonder the regular season is run in front of empty terracing, only 4 decent crowds nowadays for 4 teams in the play offs. 

Edited by bellevueace
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, bellevueace said:

No wonder the regular season is run in front of empty terracing, only 4 decent crowds nowadays for 4 teams.

It's like the Champions League in football. You can lose numerous matches and still make it in the end. When Poole were bottom in the summer, I remember thinking they'll soon be doing a Popeye and eating some spinach. And now, as if it were a miracle, Poole have found all their strength, with a little points dropping and rider signing along the way. If you are bottom in June and can still win the league, it keeps the few remaining fans happy that there won't really be a loser until the last few weeks of the season, whoever you follow, and then you'll have no more fixtures anyway.

• Like 1

one line track.    no passing and I hope there will be no crash as riders take risks to overtake.

2 really good rides from Palm-Toft, really too care of Riss in ht8, very impressed.

6 minutes ago, moxey63 said:

It's like the Champions League in football. You can lose numerous matches and still make it in the end. When Poole were bottom in the summer, I remember thinking they'll soon be doing a Popeye and eating some spinach. And now, as if it were a miracle, Poole have found all their strength, with a little points dropping and rider signing along the way. If you are bottom in June and can still win the league, it keeps the few remaining fans happy that there won't really be a loser until the last few weeks of the season, whoever you follow, and then you'll have no more fixtures anyway.

You've said repeatedly you don't even watch.. so what are you even doing commenting?

1 minute ago, BWitcher said:

You've said repeatedly you don't even watch.. so what are you even doing commenting?

Not watching, it's on in the background. Pull your trousers up and toddle on off. You're boring me now, you little hoot.

2 minutes ago, Tigerforever said:

Track is poor, big final and as yet no outside passing line.  It looks to be all about the result and zero entertainment 

are you serious ?     the only way you can overtake is ride the fence but the riders in the lead are on that bit of track first

Gluf glug glug

You lot dont half moan n cry! Great speedway, great entertainment!

COME ON YOU STARS

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, moxey63 said:

Not watching, it's on in the background. Pull your trousers up and toddle on off. You're boring me now, you little hoot.

Pathetic. Just here to whinge then.

A lot of credit has to be given to Kings Lynn, they didn't give up and have come battling back.

Edited by BWitcher
  • Like 1