British Speedway Forum
Bagpuss

Poole v King’s Lynn Premiership Grand Final 1st leg 08/10/18

1 minute ago, Bleeds Pirate Blue said:

By excluded did you mean he still was in the race? I am pretty sure he was only 15m back in 13...

He was warned in ht 1, then jumped again. He's jumped/rolled in EVERY heat he has been in. 

He was excluded, the decision to go off 15m was Kings Lynn's to make.

7 minutes ago, mrlincolncity said:

The only incorrect decision the ref has made tonight was excluding MPT when hes clearly knocked off by jackobsen!! Almost like penhall did to carter at wembley 81 ;)

Or even Los Angeles in 82

• Like 1

Great ride by Robert, did it when it mattered most, Lynn can do this at Saddlebow but they have to get off to a good start. Hope MPT is fit to ride, just hope he dosent ride if hes not really capable of riding to his full potential.

• Like 1

With the lead up to this meeting and the way it’s panned out, is Ford doing a farewell greatest hits of some of his favourite cheats? :D

Nigel Pearson stating that Poole taking a 16 point lead to Kings Lynn sets it up perfectly, don't think the Stars will be thinking that!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Elmo said:

Or even Los Angeles in 82

Near enough! You knew what i was saying :)

16 points - which was the same difference as at the end of Heat 4. From that point of view Lynn did well to let it get no worse, but considering they got it down to 8 at one point they'll be able to say with some justification that the call to exclude MPT cost them big time. Not only was it -imo- the wrong decision, but he also was out of his 7th ride.

• Like 1

Can't see the BT Pirates blowing this huge advantage, 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bleeds Pirate Blue said:

By excluded did you mean he still was in the race? I am pretty sure he was only 15m back in 13...

He was warned in ht 1, then jumped again. He's jumped/rolled in EVERY heat he has been in. 

Never said he wasn't in the race but you were so adamant he got away with it in every race. In heat 13 he didn't and was excluded and went off 15mtrs

1 minute ago, double_O said:

Never said he wasn't in the race but you were so adamant he got away with it in every race. In heat 13 he didn't and was excluded and went off 15mtrs

Correct by going off 15m is the ref taking action that jerk keeps claiming he ignored them all

Just now, Steve55 said:

Nigel Pearson stating that Poole taking a 16 point lead to Kings Lynn sets it up perfectly, don't think the Stars will be thinking that!

I would agree tbf, its poised perfectly for the neutral supporter really, i so hope lynn can do it though, im off work thursday too, so very tempted at going tbh

4 minutes ago, Panther1997 said:

Can see it now but isnt the rule keep off infield on way to tapes ?  But as i said earlier the other riders gardening is getting a joke 

2 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

Lets wait for the Poole crew to get home

I would imagine it was a massive, noisy crowd basking in a fantastic nights racing, helped by a strong ref who got every decision right.

• Like 1