British Speedway Forum
Bagpuss

Poole v King’s Lynn Premiership Grand Final 1st leg 08/10/18

29 minutes ago, Panther1997 said:

Regulation 15.3 prohibits riding across the infield prior to a heat.

BUT 15.2.6 states that gate preparation is allowed and riders must remain astride their motorcycles whilst doing so......clearly this rule is being broken in the clip above.

Before tonight I said..

Lynn's engine room was struggling away. I said Klindt and Josh would out score Lynn's 3 of TJ, Ty and Riss. Some Lynn fans questioned this.... Ty, TJ and Riss =11....Klindt and Josh 17. I also so said Poole's reserves are stronger than Lynn's….  Poole 16.... Lynn 8...…. Some Lynn fans thought I was negative...  What do I know.

I am a complete neutral, have been involved in speedway for over 50 years (including riding a bit) only watched the last 5 heats as I had other commitments, but what I saw was Poole + the referee v. Kings Lynn!!!!! speedway digs itself future in it's grave..........   

• Like 6

48 minutes ago, Bleeds Pirate Blue said:

He was warned in ht 1, then jumped again. He's jumped/rolled in EVERY heat he has been in. 

Maybe he should have replaced Kurtz after all. :D

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, woofers said:

BUT 15.2.6 states that gate preparation is allowed and riders must remain astride their motorcycles whilst doing so......clearly this rule is being broken in the clip above.

15.2.6 was modified early in the season by supplementary regulation SR 1805. The revised wording was as below. 

15.2.6 Only if a rider is at the Starting Gate with sufficient time remaining of the 2- minute allowance, be permitted to prepare their Start Area, provided they remain in full, personal control of their motorcycle, have their Cut – Out Lanyard attached, and with their motorcycle facing the direction of racing.

Always thought Ackroyd was a poor referee since he helped Holder to become World Champion!

Edited by WembleyLion
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

Before tonight I said..

Lynn's engine room was struggling away. I said Klindt and Josh would out score Lynn's 3 of TJ, Ty and Riss. Some Lynn fans questioned this.... Ty, TJ and Riss =11....Klindt and Josh 17. I also so said Poole's reserves are stronger than Lynn's….  Poole 16.... Lynn 8...…. Some Lynn fans thought I was negative...  What do I know.

Yes you were right,but the things the ref missed and got wrong outdo all those things

every body moaned about the guest situation and all  we get is a crazy blind ref.

Brummie fan............Never  seen so many bad calls from a ref???????????????

• Like 2

King's Lynn have no chance of pulling back 16 points. Job done by the Pirates. 

Disappointed Allitt didn't drill the referee a new hole. Very costly decisions and he just accepted them. 

• Like 1

Poole had 8 riders tonight the ref was a complete homer and made a mockery of the grand final. Seriously how could you exclude MPT in heat 12 - what a farce.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, woofers said:

It's obviously in " the best interests of the sport" to let it happen though.;)

19 minutes ago, HenryW said:

15.2.6 was modified early in the season by supplementary regulation SR 1805. The revised wording was as below. 

15.2.6 Only if a rider is at the Starting Gate with sufficient time remaining of the 2- minute allowance, be permitted to prepare their Start Area, provided they remain in full, personal control of their motorcycle, have their Cut – Out Lanyard attached, and with their motorcycle facing the direction of racing.

OK, seen it now, thanks.