British Speedway Forum
Bagpuss

Poole v King’s Lynn Premiership Grand Final 1st leg 08/10/18

So “The Peoples Team” Poole Pirates have a reasonable lead to take north tomorrow. 

Raced last night on a fairly prepared track, will the compliment be reciprocated? I somehow doubt it. I don’t think the word “racing” will come into it tomorrow. Super grippy IMO with huge gaps between riders. It will almost certainly be a gating competition. The boys need to be ready for it and it won’t be an entertaining meeting racing wise. And I am expecting Kings Lynn to take a healthy lead before the track slickens off. No last places will be the order of the day.

Come on boys we can do this!

Poor reffing yet again !

As a neutral, I don't have an opinion on who wins.....just a fair result is all I ask for and 'we/speedway in general' can't even get that right!

• Like 1

If palm toft is not fit and iversen declares himself fit to ride could Ellis guest in place of palm toft ? 

5 hours ago, Rico said:

Grw123 and gavan (among others) are making this Poole victory march almost enjoyable.

Complaints about the track tonight, woah, wait till you see what is served up on Wednesday. 

Don't think this is over if mpt is fit to ride Wednesday,  but it will be tough for kl to retrieve tonight's damage if he is out.

Rico :rolleyes:

Please you find my comment enjoyable, unlike some I always speak as I see and feel.   Tonight is no different,  Having watched a another replay of the occasion.  I am amazed at what we saw...   I was amazed Poole were allowed such an easy start before the Stars were able to find a decent setup for their bikes.  Giving anyone 18 point start is a massive task to under take.  Amazed how brilliantly the Stars clawed their way back into contention. Amazed how the Ref can get such a simple decision so wrong is beyond belief.  Having looked through BSF, Tweeter,  and  updates, there is not one comment that backs the decision the Ref made.   Yes, Like Middlo says you win some you lose some,   but not at a crucial time as this.   To make a wrong call of this magnitude, a decision that gift wrapped Poole  a min of 4 points (could've been more) was criminal.   When points are so hard to come by it is so wrong that a referee decision can have massive consequences.   Up to that point the Stars were back into contention, but where we could have been going into ht12 just 6 adrift , this one decision added another 6pts to Poole total...    We had all the upheaval about guests before the start of the meeting, but not a word was mentioned of the referee,  but he afforded Poole more points than either guests attained....  

I was also amazed at Dale's attitude ,    last week he wanted to take on the world, to show passion to his riders,  yet when a situation needed that passion he simple accepted the Refs decision. When the cameras interviewed him, he hadn't looked at the tele,  he merely said it was a close call.     Had that been Middlo he would be going spare and the ref would have no doubts about how they felt..      It seems we are the nice team who always gets trodden on..

Amazed too at heat 13 when the Ref excluded Ellis.  This was a closer call that couldn't be seen with just the naked eye.  Both Harris and Ellis moved, but the Ref immediately blamed it on the Lynn rider.  The BT sport could have been more helpful by slowing the replay down.    I inched the replay through and it clearly shows, although Ellis moved first, it was HARRIS who hits the tapes.   I agree, it would have been difficult split them, but why not penalise both riders when clearly both were at fault...   This was another decision that guaranteed Poole points. 

It wasn't Poole team  who stemmed the tide of the Stairs revival, it was the one sided decisions from the Referee.    The tie now is all but been decided. only a miracle can save the gallant Stars .    Those smug Poole fans will go on about how good they were and add another title to their long list.   but we all know how lucky they always were...    

Of those 16 point they have, the Ref can be thanked for most of them.   and that is where the real shame is.     A meeting ruined by one individual...  

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, lynnboy said:

If palm toft is not fit and iversen declares himself fit to ride could Ellis guest in place of palm toft ? 

No. Iversens season is finished he wont be riding in the meeting on Wednesday or KO Cup. 

4 minutes ago, g13webb said:

Please you find my comment enjoyable, unlike some I always speak as I see and feel.   Tonight is no different,  Having watched a another replay of the occasion.  I am amazed at what we saw...   I was amazed Poole were allowed such an easy start before the Stars were able to find a decent setup for their bikes.  Giving anyone 18 point start is a massive task to under take.  Amazed how brilliantly the Stars clawed their way back into contention. Amazed how the Ref can get such a simple decision so wrong is beyond belief.  Having looked through BSF, Tweeter,  and  updates, there is not one comment that backs the decision the Ref made.   Yes, Like Middlo says you win some you lose some,   but not at a crucial time as this.   To make a wrong call of this magnitude, a decision that gift wrapped Poole  a min of 4 points (could've been more) was criminal.   When points are so hard to come by it is so wrong that a referee decision can have massive consequences.   Up to that point the Stars were back into contention, but where we could have been going into ht12 just 6 adrift , this one decision added another 6pts to Poole total...    We had all the upheaval about guests before the start of the meeting, but not a word was mentioned of the referee,  but he afforded Poole more points than either guests attained....  

I was also amazed at Dale's attitude ,    last week he wanted to take on the world, to show passion to his riders,  yet when a situation needed that passion he simple accepted the Refs decision. When the cameras interviewed him, he hadn't looked at the tele,  he merely said it was a close call.     Had that been Middlo he would be going spare and the ref would have no doubts about how they felt..      It seems we are the nice team who always gets trodden on..

Amazed too at heat 13 when the Ref excluded Ellis.  This was a closer call that couldn't be seen with just the naked eye.  Both Harris and Ellis moved, but the Ref immediately blamed it on the Lynn rider.  The BT sport could have been more helpful by slowing the replay down.    I inched the replay through and it clearly shows, although Ellis moved first, it was HARRIS who hits the tapes.   I agree, it would have been difficult split them, but why not penalise both riders when clearly both were at fault...   This was another decision that guaranteed Poole points. 

It wasn't Poole team  who stemmed the tide of the Stairs revival, it was the one sided decisions from the Referee.    The tie now is all but been decided. only a miracle can save the gallant Stars .    Those smug Poole fans will go on about how good they were and add another title to their long list.   but we all know how lucky they always were...    

Of those 16 point they have, the Ref can be thanked for most of them.   and that is where the real shame is.     A meeting ruined by one individual...  

I can understand your frustration of coming so far, finishing top, and it seems everthing went against you, but in the clear light of day I don’t believe the ref actually got much wrong except not to exclude Ellis twice more for his constant rolling at the gate. Ellis had been warned before he was excluded. He didn’t have to touch the tapes. Moving was enough for the ref to exclude him. Simple as that. 

As for Palm Toft. He left a whopping great gap entering the third bend. Jakobsen didn’t need a second invite and charged through. Toft tried to close the gap but Jakobsen was already there.  Fair call.  

All this blaming off the ref is of course anti Poole BSF herd mentality. 

Kings Lynn were better than they usually are at Poole. But one team wanted it more. Middlo gets some unjust stick on here but last night shows what a man manager he is by getting the boys fired up. 

Wednesday is going to be tough. But we can do it. 

8 minutes ago, g13webb said:

And that my friend in a nutshell is why the whole rip offs idea at the end of the season is a joke. I am a neutral in all of this , the nature , danger and unpredictability of the sport make it a very unfair thing to ask a team that has toiled away all season to finish top to go through. Maybe losing with a full team is bad enough, but not getting there over truly awful decisions by officials and rule changing really is the limit. Come on the sport is dying on its feet, let’s not make it s joke as well.

• Like 2

Did we expect amything else than the biased crap SS has come out with earlier. Can't believe he wouldn't mention the Worrall races where he should have been excluded, no just Ellis of course. And the Palm Toft one was crazy plus it put him out of the meeting, who knows maybe Wednesday to. If you were to take the two easy exclusions the ref should have made regarding Worrall and Jakobsen the minimum the Stars would have got would have been 41pts.That would have made the 2nd leg interesting. 

But we have to thank the ref for being pretty crap at his job for the scoreline as it stands. 

Thought the final had lost the importance to SS so he said pre meeting. Told you he would be straight back on here giving it some if they won. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Cliffeboy said:

I am a neutral in all of this.......... 

You posts over the previous few days show you to be far from neutral.    

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, tellboy said:

Did we expect amything else than the biased crap SS has come out with earlier. Can't believe he wouldn't mention the Worrall races where he should have been excluded, no just Ellis of course. And the Palm Toft one was crazy plus it put him out of the meeting, who knows maybe Wednesday to. If you were to take the two easy exclusions the ref should have made regarding Worrall and Jakobsen the minimum the Stars would have got would have been 41pts.That would have made the 2nd leg interesting. 

But we have to thank the ref for being pretty crap at his job for the scoreline as it stands. 

Thought the final had lost the importance to SS so he said pre meeting. Told you he would be straight back on here giving it some if they won. 

What Worrall exclusion? He rode fairly and superbly last night. 

1 minute ago, tellboy said:

Tellboy I think SS is just on here for a wind up as usual, he knows Poole have got away with it . Let him have his moment, if by some miracle KL pull this around we will see if the boot can be put on the other foot lol.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

You posts over the previous few days show you to be far from neutral.    

Proof please SS.

Just now, Cliffeboy said:

Tellboy I think SS is just on here for a wind up as usual, he knows Poole have got away with it . Let him have his moment, if by some miracle KL pull this around we will see if the boot can be put on the other foot lol.

Got away with what? Riding superbly? Didn’t expect 16 point lead in my wildest dreams. 

Just now, Cliffeboy said:

Proof please SS.

You have been anti Poole in every post since the semi. 

Ate you going to cheer on Poole or Lynn tomorrow? My money would not be on the former.:D

with what is supposed to be the showcase for British league speedway, I've got to say it was terrible, a track prepared for gate and go,, a referee who at best was incompetent and a meeting starved of any real speedway racing.

Poole will probably win over the two legs but the real loser is speedway itself.

Edited by Odds On
line up changed
  • Like 6