British Speedway Forum
Bagpuss

Poole v King’s Lynn Premiership Grand Final 1st leg 08/10/18

7 hours ago, cyclone said:

What is the source of this information?

Someone asked Steve Brandon. He said 100% he had video replays 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Steve Shovlar said:

You have been anti Poole in every post since the semi. 

Ate you going to cheer on Poole or Lynn tomorrow? My money would not be on the former.:D

I am neutral in as far as I am neither a Poole or KL fan. I am a fan of speedway though and the play off idea is a bad thing in my opinion. I agree with you that Poole did ride well last night in the match but what you personally cannot seem to grasp is the bad decisions by the ref cost the table toppers dear. I do not believe for one second that you believe MPT could have stayed on in that incident. My gripe is with the play offs , it always was and is. I rarely post on other teams threads only if my team Somerset are involved. I will be cheering KL on tomorrow as you ask, but not through any hatred towards your team , but purely to see the top team get their recognition as the best team over the season. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Odds On said:

with what is supposed to be the showcase for British league speedway, I've got to say it was terrible, a track prepared for gate and go, a line up which see's a guest ride for one team tonight and the other team in the return meeting, a referee who at best was incompetent and a meeting starved of any real speedway racing.

Poole will probably win over the two legs but the real loser is speedway itself.

Your info is out of date. 

Thought I saw some passing last night. Heat 12 Jakobsen. B)

I asked Jakobsen in the press conference if he touched Toft. He said Toft left a huge gap and he took it. This is a final and you go for it. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Cliffeboy said:

I am neutral in as far as I am neither a Poole or KL fan. I am a fan of speedway though and the play off idea is a bad thing in my opinion. I agree with you that Poole did ride well last night in the match but what you personally cannot seem to grasp is the bad decisions by the ref cost the table toppers dear. I do not believe for one second that you believe MPT could have stayed on in that incident. My gripe is with the play offs , it always was and is. I rarely post on other teams threads only if my team Somerset are involved. I will be cheering KL on tomorrow as you ask, but not through any hatred towards your team , but purely to see the top team get their recognition as the best team over the season. 

So you are NOT neutral. Thanks for confirming it. 

By the way the playoffs are the best bit of the whole season imo. Love them. 

• Haha 1

So why should Worrall have been excluded? Still waiting for a reply on that one. 

11 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Your info is out of date. 

Thought I saw some passing last night. Heat 12 Jakobsen. B)

I asked Jakobsen in the press conference if he touched Toft. He said Toft left a huge gap and he took it. This is a final and you go for it. 

track was awful, ref was poor, little or no speedway racing...all adds up to a poor advert for the showcase of British league speedway

Edited by Odds On

22 minutes ago, Odds On said:

with what is supposed to be the showcase for British league speedway, I've got to say it was terrible, a track prepared for gate and go, a line up which see's a guest ride for one team tonight and the other team in the return meeting, a referee who at best was incompetent and a meeting starved of any real speedway racing.

Poole will probably win over the two legs but the real loser is speedway itself.

Great post

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Steve Shovlar said:

So why should Worrall have been excluded? Still waiting for a reply on that one. 

Even I don't know what Worrall has done to warrant an exclusion. 

But there's no way MPT should have been excluded, nobody chooses to sent themselves into the fence. MPT's foot was taken away and lost control. Every other day Jakobsen would have been excluded. The referee did a bottle job.

Agree with you about Ellis, king of the rollers last night but in 13, he and Harris should have been 15 meters back. 

But, at the end of the day, King's Lynn simply wasn't good enough. Appalling in fact, and fully deserved to be a mile behind. 

Think Poole have done enough regardless of the track that gets produced on Wednesday. 

12 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

There is a ridiculous claim going around social media that he should have been excluded for "riding across the infield" because he had both wheels over the white line at one point while preparing his gate.

Just now, Grachan said:

There is a ridiculous claim going around social media that he should have been excluded for "riding across the infield" because he had both wheels over the white line at one point while preparing his gate.

Ridiculous, Worrall did nothing wrong. You only get excluded for riding on the infield. He was gardening and that's perfectly fine. Rider's are allowed to push their bikes across the infield, that's not against the rules.

Stars fans clutching at straws and looking for all kind of issues other than our team being abysmal. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

What Worrall exclusion? He rode fairly and superbly last night. 

Ht 14 was it where he and his bike was off on the onfield

Unfortunately with Play Off speedway sometimes one team’s name is on the trophy and the others isn’t. 

We still have an outside chance but that becomes very remote if it turns out that Jakobsen has ended MPT’s season. Whatever the case Proctor needs to seriously pull his finger out on Wednesday.  

2 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

Ridiculous, Worrall did nothing wrong. You only get excluded for riding on the infield. He was gardening and that's perfectly fine. Rider's are allowed to push their bikes across the infield, that's not against the rules.

Stars fans clutching at straws and looking for all kind of issues other than our team being abysmal. 

Thought you was allowed gardening but still had to have some part on the track

1 minute ago, Bagpuss said:

Unfortunately with Play Off speedway sometimes one team’s name is on the trophy and the others isn’t. 

We still have an outside chance but that becomes very remote if it turns out that Jakobsen has ended MPT’s season. Whatever the case Proctor needs to seriously pull his finger out on Wednesday.  

There is already a name on the trophy C. Ackroyd:rolleyes:

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

Even I don't know what Worrall has done to warrant an exclusion. 

But there's no way MPT should have been excluded, nobody chooses to sent themselves into the fence. MPT's foot was taken away and lost control. Every other day Jakobsen would have been excluded. The referee did a bottle job.

Agree with you about Ellis, king of the rollers last night but in 13, he and Harris should have been 15 meters back. 

But, at the end of the day, King's Lynn simply wasn't good enough. Appalling in fact, and fully deserved to be a mile behind. 

Think Poole have done enough regardless of the track that gets produced on Wednesday. 

Ellis had already been warned, so any movement would result in an exclusion.