Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Bagpuss

Poole v King’s Lynn Premiership Grand Final 1st leg 08/10/18

11 minutes ago, Grachan said:

There is a ridiculous claim going around social media that he should have been excluded for "riding across the infield" because he had both wheels over the white line at one point while preparing his gate.

Well that reeks of desperation.:rolleyes:

He never ride over the grass to get to the start. Next!

8 minutes ago, tellboy said:

Ht 14 was it where he and his bike was off on the onfield

Not against the rules.

5 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Did Jacobsen say he also took his leg away when he took that large gap.:nono:.

Said he was nowhere near him.-_-

• Haha 2

39 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Your info is out of date. 

Thought I saw some passing last night. Heat 12 Jakobsen. B)

I asked Jakobsen in the press conference if he touched Toft. He said Toft left a huge gap and he took it. This is a final and you go for it. 

I see he avoided your question whether he touched Tofty or not.

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

I can understand your frustration of coming so far, finishing top, and it seems everthing went against you, but in the clear light of day I don’t believe the ref actually got much wrong except not to exclude Ellis twice more for his constant rolling at the gate. Ellis had been warned before he was excluded. He didn’t have to touch the tapes. Moving was enough for the ref to exclude him. Simple as that. 

As for Palm Toft. He left a whopping great gap entering the third bend. Jakobsen didn’t need a second invite and charged through. Toft tried to close the gap but Jakobsen was already there.  Fair call.  

All this blaming off the ref is of course anti Poole BSF herd mentality. 

Kings Lynn were better than they usually are at Poole. But one team wanted it more. Middlo gets some unjust stick on here but last night shows what a man manager he is by getting the boys fired up. 

Wednesday is going to be tough. But we can do it. 

That one line explains why everyone on here rubbishes you.   You are so blinded with Blue Tints, it is pointless conversing with you...  

What a sad world you live in !!!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

No. Iversens season is finished he wont be riding in the meeting on Wednesday or KO Cup. 

Who said Iversen's season is over?

What I didn't understand as I watched with foreign commentary is why was Simon Lambert in heat 15?

just watched replay certainly a shocking decision to exclude mpt,that crash  and exclusion had big impact on final scoreline me thinks, as did somersets loss of holder cost them a place in the final me thinks.the second half of this season has certainly gone our way,of course harris regarded as the key to our revival would not be at poole had rye sadly not folded,but thats sport and you have to grab your good fortune with both hands

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, krompa said:

Who said Iversen's season is over?

I heard they have been Adam Ellis for the KO Cup final meetings against Somerset.

19 minutes ago, tellboy said:

Thought you was allowed gardening but still had to have some part on the track

Only have to have the rear wheel on track when called to tapes, under green light and racing. For gardening the rider just has to remain in contact with the bike.

1 minute ago, Rickyb said:

What I didn't understand as I watched with foreign commentary is why was Simon Lambert in heat 15?

Ellis went through the tapes. Again.

21 minutes ago, tellboy said:

Ht 14 was it where he and his bike was off on the onfield

Depends how the bike got on and off the infield. Technically if he rode the bike on or off the infield it's an offence but not sure anyone wants to see exclusions for that. In the photo Worrall and the bike are not on track so again technically he can't be at the starting gate, however I'd be livid if a ref excluded a rider from my team for that.