British Speedway Forum
Bagpuss

Poole v King’s Lynn Premiership Grand Final 1st leg 08/10/18

2 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

I heard they have been Adam Ellis for the KO Cup final meetings against Somerset.

I think it is speculation. Iversen confirmed no bones broken. If there was no concussion and he was released from hospital after x-rays, I can't see him missing 2nd leg.

2 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

I heard they have been Adam Ellis for the KO Cup final meetings against Somerset.

King's Lynn certainly been clever with their fixture planning making sure there's 8 days between the Play-Off home leg and the KO Cup home leg.

The referee was on balance correct in his decision to exclude Palm Toft. He had given away the racing line to Jakobsen, and attempted to belatedly regain it. However Jakobsen was legitimately where he was, had already passed Palm Toft.

I think there was a strong case for excluding both Ellis and Harris.

The track was never going to produce sensational racing and was prepared for Klindt and this was shown by Lambert having to bust a gut to get any grip.

I doubt that Palm Toft will be able to ride on Wednesday, so maybe Charles Wright can do a job if he is available and has equipment ready.

I think the "flyers" and unsatisfactory starts are caused by poor start line marshalling.  If the riders" front wheel is within an inch or two of the tapes it is impossible to move without touching the tapes.  At Poole several starts were positioned unevenly. 

For reference have a look at the Start Marshalling at Torun on Saturday, it was impeccable and consistent.

4 minutes ago, krompa said:

I think it is speculation. Iversen confirmed no bones broken. If there was no concussion and he was released from hospital after x-rays, I can't see him missing 2nd leg.

Ellis is already booked.

1 minute ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Ellis is already booked.

Ellis is already booked as a precaution. Iversen isn't ruled out yet.

10 minutes ago, Hamish McRaker said:

The referee was on balance correct in his decision to exclude Palm Toft. He had given away the racing line to Jakobsen, and attempted to belatedly regain it. However Jakobsen was legitimately where he was, had already passed Palm Toft.

I think there was a strong case for excluding both Ellis and Harris.

The track was never going to produce sensational racing and was prepared for Klindt and this was shown by Lambert having to bust a gut to get any grip.

I doubt that Palm Toft will be able to ride on Wednesday, so maybe Charles Wright can do a job if he is available and has equipment ready.

Just watched heat 12. You are right. Jakobsen was through into the lead as Toft had drifted off the racing line. People think this is a non contact sport but that’s not true of course.

Two riders cannot be excluded in the same race for touching the tapes. Ellis was on a warning and didn’t need to touch the tape to go.

edit. Just watched heat 13. Ellis call correct. He definately touched the tapes before Harris. No suprise he was rolling all night.

Edited by Steve Shovlar

9 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Well I have just read through this thread with tears of laughter in my eyes. What a load of Poole haters on here tonight.

Mind you I do agree with one thing. The ref made a howler. He warned Ellis. And what happened? Ellis then rolled to two victories. The crowd clearly saw him roll but the ref let it go. Very unfair. What’s the point of warning a rider then allowing him to get away with it twice more? Elliss got his come uppance in heat 13 and heat 15, but the six points he scored shouldn’t have happened.

As for everything else, I though the ref got it all correct. Toft took a dive, could easily have stayed up. This is the final. Racing is hard. If there was the slightest of touches, it wasn’t enough and like Doyle last week, the refs are wised up.

Pirate fans couldn’t have asked or expected for more. A 16 point lead. In all the playoff history I can’t remember such a lead being turned over, so Kings Lynn will have to break records to win the title this year.

A fabulous performance from the boys, who even after allowing Kings Lynn a comeback mid meeting pulled away again. 

Is 16 enough? Possibly. Possibly not. Middlo said in the post meeting conference that Buster Chapman has already spent the day cooking the track to make it ultra grippy, as he did last time when Poole visited. The boys said they were all expecting it to be grippy and will be ready for it.

Very pleased at half time. The boys have said there will be no complacency and they will be going to Kings Lynn to win.

Expecting Kings Lynn to come out all guns blazing so we will need to keep it tight.

Or Poole having the biggest choke of all time :D

HAVE always refrained from getting involved with any of the Poole versus The Rest arguments on here. But some of the comments about the refereeing last night are borderline. Decisions are subjective, often a matter of opinion rather than fact. Referees will sometimes make a wrong decision. They are human. But I know Craig Ackroyd. To suggest he is either biased or, far worse, corrupt, is a step too far. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Ellis went through the tapes. Again.

I see, thank you very much I didn't see heat 15

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Just watched heat 12. You are right. Jakobsen was through into the lead as Toft had drifted off the racing line. People think this is a non contact sport but that’s not true of course.

Two riders cannot be excluded in the same race for touching the tapes. Ellis was on a warning and didn’t need to touch the tape to go.

edit. Just watched heat 13. Ellis call correct. He definately touched the tapes before Harris. No suprise he was rolling all night.

I thought in the two heats won by Ellis, he was as still as could be expected and got them right. Certainly if you compare them with typical starts by, for example, Hans Andersen, he was as still as the Dalai Lama meditating.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Wonder if you be saying same if Jackobsen had ended up on his arse.I very much doubt it.

4 minutes ago, PHILIPRISING said:

HAVE always refrained from getting involved with any of the Poole versus The Rest arguments on here. But some of the comments about the refereeing last night are borderline. Decisions are subjective, often a matter of opinion rather than fact. Referees will sometimes make a wrong decision. They are human. But I know Craig Ackroyd. To suggest he is either biased or, far worse, corrupt, is a step too far. 

Just incompetent then!

Who is guesting for Brady? Nick Morris 6.91 too high (Brady's avg is 6.75).

If MPT is injured, not many options left for KL.

Wright, Howarth, Wells?

And of course Iversen's health is crucial. Ellis will not score double figures.