British Speedway Forum
Bagpuss

Poole v King’s Lynn Premiership Grand Final 1st leg 08/10/18

3 hours ago, PHILIPRISING said:

HAVE always refrained from getting involved with any of the Poole versus The Rest arguments on here. But some of the comments about the refereeing last night are borderline. Decisions are subjective, often a matter of opinion rather than fact. Referees will sometimes make a wrong decision. They are human. But I know Craig Ackroyd. To suggest he is either biased or, far worse, corrupt, is a step too far. 

I agree with your last sentence. However, with the video evidence available his decision to exclude Palm-Toft is very difficult to justify. It was perfectly clear from the front view of the incident that Jakobsen collided with him and took his leg away, causing him to fall.

We are all human and all make mistakes but he had time to view the video and to make a considered decision and somehow still got it wrong. Unfortunately, the consequences had a significant effect on the final result of the meeting and possibly, the result of the play off final.

Edited by Aces51
  • Like 4

6 minutes ago, krompa said:

Who is guesting for Brady? Nick Morris 6.91 too high (Brady's avg is 6.75).

If MPT is injured, not many options left for KL.

Wright, Howarth, Wells?

And of course Iversen's health is crucial. Ellis will not score double figures.

Morris is riding. All legal and sactioned. If you go back about 30 pages it was discussed in detail.

7 minutes ago, PHILIPRISING said:

HAVE always refrained from getting involved with any of the Poole versus The Rest arguments on here. But some of the comments about the refereeing last night are borderline. Decisions are subjective, often a matter of opinion rather than fact. Referees will sometimes make a wrong decision. They are human. But I know Craig Ackroyd. To suggest he is either biased or, far worse, corrupt, is a step too far. 

So what was your view of the referees performance ? You always sit on the fence pontificating do you really believe it was acceptable.

• Like 3

I thought Kings Lynn did well to battle back after an appalling start to last night, they at least have a chance of making the second leg interesting which didn't look likely after 5 heats.

I have to agree with the majority on the refereeing decisions, the Jakobsen one was a no-brainer, astonished that the yellow light went on, also thought Harris touched the tapes before Ellis but that was pretty hard to call. Don't understand the fuss about Worrall or Ellis, he made two textbook starts and messed up the rest.

At least they gave us something to talk about as the racing was dull in the extreme, I think only really Lambert in heat 15 made a proper pass all night, as those in heats 1 and 2 were due to KL riders foolishly leaving the blue groove.

It looks to me that Poole's name is on the trophy, amazing really when they were bottom in July, bet you didn't know that!

16 points is obviously a good lead in a final but I think Poole needed something like that with King's Lynn being so strong at home, this is certainly far from over and I expect it to be pretty close tomorrow.

7 minutes ago, krompa said:

Who is guesting for Brady? Nick Morris 6.91 too high (Brady's avg is 6.75).

If MPT is injured, not many options left for KL.

Wright, Howarth, Wells?

And of course Iversen's health is crucial. Ellis will not score double figures.

If you read the thread it is Nick Morris, this has been agreed by both teams after yet another bspa rule cock up has come to light.

3 hours ago, BobC said:

Only able to watch the meeting on TV.

Referee got the MPT decision totally wrong. No intent from Jakobsen, he just picked up grip and it shot him forward. Absurd decision.

Poole have got a great chance now.

However, dont start counting the chickens. Just remember Workington v Edinburgh!

I'm sure Klindt will be reminding them all of this! 

2 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

So “The Peoples Team” Poole Pirates have a reasonable lead to take north tomorrow. 

Raced last night on a fairly prepared track, will the compliment be reciprocated? I somehow doubt it. I don’t think the word “racing” will come into it tomorrow. Super grippy IMO with huge gaps between riders. It will almost certainly be a gating competition. The boys need to be ready for it and it won’t be an entertaining meeting racing wise. And I am expecting Kings Lynn to take a healthy lead before the track slickens off. No last places will be the order of the day.

Come on boys we can do this!

Gating competition ??? Wot ??? and last night wasn't???

Can someone who was at this meeting confirm the result of heat 15 please? Official scorecard says Ellis rode off a handicap but Poole's site says Simon replaced him. 

1 hour ago, tellboy said:

Ht 14 was it where he and his bike was off on the onfield

It's allowed so get real. 

4 minutes ago, June01 said:

Can someone who was at this meeting confirm the result of heat 15 please? Official scorecard says Ellis rode off a handicap but Poole's site says Simon replaced him. 

Lambert replaced him

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, krompa said:

Give me a break!

I follow British leagues from Poland but it is beyond all standards.

How can he ride if his avarage is too high????

This is basic rule, cannot be changed simply because both teams agreed. That makes the sport a joke. Completely. Can't imagine such think in professional leagues in Poland. 

British speedway is state of mind.

The alternative was far far worse.

1 minute ago, krompa said:

Give me a break!

I follow British leagues from Poland but it is beyond all standards.

How can he ride if his avarage is too high????

This is basic rule, cannot be changed simply because both teams agreed. That makes the sport a joke. Completely. Can't imagine such think in professional leagues in Poland. 

British speedway is state of mind.

British Speedway is in a mess, I can barely bring myself to attend any meeting.  From my understanding (albeit possibly out of date) a guest rider can have a higher average than the one they replace by a small %.  Looking at the latest GSA's on the BSPA site, Hans Andersen averages 8.00 but can be replaced by a guest upto 8.40.  That would be 5%.  All of this is irrelevant since those latest stats have:

Brady Kurtz 7.11
Nick Morris 6.92

7 minutes ago, June01 said:

You don`t have had to been at the meeting to know that Ellis was exculded for a starting offence and was replaced by Lambert(Simon)

• Like 1