British Speedway Forum
Bagpuss

Poole v King’s Lynn Premiership Grand Final 1st leg 08/10/18

1 minute ago, Col said:

British Speedway is in a mess, I can barely bring myself to attend any meeting.  From my understanding (albeit possibly out of date) a guest rider can have a higher average than the one they replace by a small %.  Looking at the latest GSA's on the BSPA site, Hans Andersen averages 8.00 but can be replaced by a guest upto 8.40.  That would be 5%.  All of this is irrelevant since those latest stats have:

Brady Kurtz 7.11
Nick Morris 6.92

when at home only

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, krompa said:

Give me a break!

I follow British leagues from Poland but it is beyond all standards.

How can he ride if his avarage is too high????

This is basic rule, cannot be changed simply because both teams agreed. That makes the sport a joke. Completely. Can't imagine such think in professional leagues in Poland. 

British speedway is state of mind.

The bspa allowed it to happen after both guests were going to ride for the other team in the second leg., so swapping round.  The bspa have allowed Nick to replace Brady away even though his average is higher as allowing this swap of guests was a joke.  You have to realise how bad the promoters here are at agreeing and setting rules. 

16 minutes ago, A ORLOV said:

If you read the thread it is Nick Morris, this has been agreed by both teams after yet another bspa rule cock up has come to light.

What’s the cock up, Morris is ineligible to ride tomorrow, it’s against the rules. Plain and simple.

if the SCB allow this they it shows them up to be complicit and not worth their existence.

Edited by bigcatdiary
Addition
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, bigcatdiary said:

What’s the cock up, Morris is ineligible to ride tomorrow, it’s against the rules. Plain and simple.

The cock up is the issue that there is no rule stopping guests swapping in a home and away meeting. 

Edited by A ORLOV

1 minute ago, A ORLOV said:

The bspa allowed it to happen after both guests were going to ride for the other team in the second leg., so swapping round.  The bspa have allowed Nick to replace Brady away even though his average is higher as allowing this swap of guests was a joke.  You have to realise how bad the promoters here are at agreeing and setting rules. 

Yes, all is more and more complicated every year. Nightmare. :(

Squad system with no stupid CMA's, guests and R/R is the only way forward if this sport wants to make any progress in GB. Let them build as strong lineups as they wish, let them have 4-5 riders on waiting lists and pick them anytime they want. I'm sure supporters will be happy. Enough is enough.

9 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

You don`t have had to been at the meeting to know that Ellis was exculded for a starting offence and was replaced by Lambert(Simon)

If I don't ask specifically for someone who was there I will inevitably get someone try to help by posting "updates says", or a link to the official scorecard (which you have done yourself). I just wanted visual confirmation. There is no need to be quite so rude to a simple question.

Edit: thank you, Fromafar, for your reply.

Edited by June01
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

The alternative was far far worse.

No it wasn't. The original proposal of Ellis riding for both teams was ridiculous but there were other sensible options that could be used within the existing rules.  R/r, using a different guest who has an average that met the requirement of the rules or, Morris riding both legs for King's Lynn and Ellis for Poole.

Those in charge either sanctioning that the rules are broken or making an amendment for one meeting, after everyone has had to comply with the existing rules all season, is farcical but unfortunately typical of the way the sport is run n the UK.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, June01 said:

If I don't ask specifically for someone who was there I will inevitably get some try to help by posting "updates says", or a link to the official scorecard (which you have done yourself). There is no need to be quite so rude to a simple question.

Edit: thank you, Fromafar, for your reply.

I didn`t mean to be rude- if you had added "or watching on BT"  that would have included me !!

2 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

I didn`t mean to be rude- if you had added "or watching on BT"  that would have included me !!

Then I apologise for my snappiness. I didn't get home from work until late last night and hadn't realised it was televised. Thank you for your response.

17 minutes ago, Aces51 said:

No it wasn't. The original proposal of Ellis riding for both teams was ridiculous but there were other sensible options that could be used within the existing rules.  R/r, using a different guest who has an average that met the requirement of the rules or, Morris riding both legs for King's Lynn and Ellis for Poole.

Those in charge either sanctioning that the rules are broken or making an amendment for one meeting, after everyone has had to comply with the existing rules all season, is farcical but unfortunately typical of the way the sport is run n the UK.

Quite right- i have found that the SCB issued  amendment yesterday SR 1810 which stops any rider riding for more than one team in a Premiership or championship 2 legged tie.

The SCB  have the power to not allow Morris to guest for Poole tomorrow as it`s against their rules - but have they the bottle ????

Edited by racers and royals
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

Quite right- i have found that the SCB issued  amendment yesterday SR 1810 which stops any rider riding for more than one team in a Premiership or championship 2 legged tie.

The SCB  have the power to not allow Morris to guest for Poole tomorrow as it`s against their rules - but have they the bottle ????

Are you for real? Poole, KL and the committee have agreed to change the rules to allow Morris to guest for us on Weds! 

Is that true? that there is a rule that stops Morris from riding for Poole at KL, but has been given the ok to do so?   Someone please explain that to me.

10 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Are you for real? Poole, KL and the committee have agreed to change the rules to allow Morris to guest for us on Weds! 

Yes very real thank you- i assume the committee you are referring to is the management committee of the BSPA  ? they can decide what they want- but they don`t sanction  the rules- it`s the SCB and they certainly have the power to stop this rule bending  farce.

4 minutes ago, OveFundinFan said:

Is that true? that there is a rule that stops Morris from riding for Poole at KL, but has been given the ok to do so?   Someone please explain that to me.

His average is to high to replace Kurtz away from home(at home  Kurtz gets 5% added to his average but not away)

Kurtz 6.75(+5% 7.09) Morris 6.91

As I said before the meeting Morris would be a poor guest and although Ellis messed it up he was clearly faster than Morris, both teams should have used r/r in my view, having Morris as a guest is no benefit. I don't know why Worrall should have been excluded as some have said but he rode really well, the way he breezed past Proctor was excellent. There were one or two passes but not many, apart from Worrall there was heat 1 swapping places between Harris and Lambert and Klindt passing Lambert.  I think Harris was lucky not to be excluded in heat 13 when he touched the tapes, not surprised Ellis was excluded as he had been warned already but I was fully expecting both to go and of course MPT was very unlucky to be excluded, Freddie saw a gap which closed as MPT continued on the racing line and took him down. Once again Klindt was terrific after a slow start, he may have had some indifferent meetings in the championship but always rides well for us. Even with a 16 point lead it isn't all over but I doubt the bookies have KL as favourites anymore.

We should dump Morris and go with r/r at Kings Lynn.

• Like 2