British Speedway Forum
Bagpuss

Poole v King’s Lynn Premiership Grand Final 1st leg 08/10/18

1 hour ago, krompa said:

Give me a break!

I follow British leagues from Poland but it is beyond all standards.

How can he ride if his avarage is too high????

This is basic rule, cannot be changed simply because both teams agreed. That makes the sport a joke. Completely. Can't imagine such think in professional leagues in Poland. 

British speedway is state of mind.

100% Spot on.

1 hour ago, Col said:

British Speedway is in a mess, I can barely bring myself to attend any meeting.  From my understanding (albeit possibly out of date) a guest rider can have a higher average than the one they replace by a small %.  Looking at the latest GSA's on the BSPA site, Hans Andersen averages 8.00 but can be replaced by a guest upto 8.40.  That would be 5%.  All of this is irrelevant since those latest stats have:

Brady Kurtz 7.11
Nick Morris 6.92

The % is applied to home meetings. Not away. 

25 minutes ago, Pirates Of Poole said:

Any update on MPT and what he has done to his wrist?

Broken hand, howarth in.

43 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

So for those that were there and heard the interval interview with Rosco (spannering for Morris) Morris had 2 punctures - the first when he spun off and the second after subsequently using Jacobsen's tyre - and a burned out clutch!!

Incidentally Rosco also said the track was brilliant - the best its been all season!

As for the meeting, I reckon Craig Ackroyd got every decision right except the Jacobsen/Palm Toft one.

Whilst the Pirates now have a 16 point advantage - more than most thought or hoped for - there is still the distinct possibility that the Stars can do exactly the same on Wednesday and reduce the deficit after 4 heats. Set-ups and gating will be crucial and with both teams having great team spirit I reckon it'll go down to the wire.

The joint decision by the SCB and BSPA with the agreement of both clubs to allow Morris and Ellis to ride for the same teams in both legs, came about due to Dale Allitt's proposal to Matt Ford following the outbursts of bad publicity across all social media platforms.

Today's BSPA meeting will undoubtedly propose a further tweak to the play-off rules for future years to allow a guest rider to have an average of 5% higher then the rider he replaces in BOTH HOME AND AWAY LEGS! Makes it much fairer for all at a time of the season when replacements can be scarce due to the season having finished for many. ;)

Given there was a crater for most of the season on bend 1 that Apollo 13 could have landed in, I don't think that is much to shout about. ;)

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Swindon I think.

Cheers, with Adam having previously spent time at Poole just wondered if he was their asset.

Guest WTF1
36 minutes ago, Odds On said:

so to sum up.

Crap track.

Crap racing.

Crap refereeing.

Everything else is open to discussion.!!

Very poor advert for a speedway meeting on TV,  so boring,  switched off after heat 12, gate and go crap. 

why is the poole track so bad, it use to be one of the best race tracks? Why not get someone in to sort it out and keep it the same every week......

4 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Your info is out of date. 

Thought I saw some passing last night. Heat 12 Jakobsen. B)

I asked Jakobsen in the press conference if he touched Toft. He said Toft left a huge gap and he took it. This is a final and you go for it. 

Not a straight answer there Steve.. Skipped the question, something you do ;)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, krompa said:

Who is guesting for Brady? Nick Morris 6.91 too high (Brady's avg is 6.75).

If MPT is injured, not many options left for KL.

Wright, Howarth, Wells?

And of course Iversen's health is crucial. Ellis will not score double figures.

Morris. He is to high, but was allowed to ride for Poole at Lynn "in the interest of the sport"

2 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

The alternative was far far worse.

No it wasn't.. Morris for Lynn in both legs and Ellis for Poole.... Fits as well without changing the rule for Poole.

57 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Broken hand, howarth in.

Oh dear.  Poole's title now.

Edited by SPEEDY69

2 minutes ago, SPEEDY69 said:

Unfortunately have to agree with that

8 minutes ago, SPEEDY69 said:

Don't be silly, Shovvy will be on here soon telling everyone that it makes Lynn stronger :wink:

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, SPEEDY69 said:

What an appalling guest I guess he's cheap. If Poole don't win this now I would have to agree with Semion it would be the choke of the century.

9 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

What an appalling guest I guess he's cheap. If Poole don't win this now I would have to agree with Semion it would be the choke of the century.

And you would have had out of Wolves, leicester or Swindon ???

Edited by racers and royals