British Speedway Forum
Bagpuss

Poole v King’s Lynn Premiership Grand Final 1st leg 08/10/18

1 minute ago, BWitcher said:

Poole are using an illegal guest.

The why's and the wherefore's are irrelevant. There were solutions available that didn't involve breaking rules. As usual all involved screwed up and as usual more fans will simply say 'that's enough for me'.

Then blame Allit as the cause.

1 minute ago, BWitcher said:

Poole are using an illegal guest.

The why's and the wherefore's are irrelevant. There were solutions available that didn't involve breaking rules. As usual all involved screwed up and as usual more fans will simply say 'that's enough for me'.

There not using an illegal rider, all been cleared by the powers that be 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Then blame Allit as the cause.

There were ways to solve the situation without having to break rules. As I said, ALL involved have screwed it up once again.

• Like 1

Just now, Arthur54 said:

There not using an illegal rider, all been cleared by the powers that be 

Yes they are. Just because a body decides to break its own rules doesn't make it not illegal. 

'Special Dispenstation'.. 'For the good of the sport' etc... these are the things that kill speedway. Always have and it looks like always will.. 

3 hours ago, Grachan said:

A bit of a contradiction there. We don't need play-offs, yet injuries robbed Wolves, "undoubtedly" the best team in the league - even though they didn't finish top of the table.

Exactly, Swindon easily topped the table before Wolves Injuries, everyone agrees they were very unlucky to lose Jacob and Freddie, they were not the best team in the league though.

It wasn't an illegal guest. It wasn't even Poole who requested it. I don't hear any whinging from Lynn promotion. 

And yes, it sucks when your team loses or worse when they have injuries, but no point in blaming the opposition. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BWitcher said:

Yes they are. Just because a body decides to break its own rules doesn't make it not illegal. 

'Special Dispenstation'.. 'For the good of the sport' etc... these are the things that kill speedway. Always have and it looks like always will.. 

So it's Pooles fault 

4 minutes ago, BurntFaceMan said:

It wasn't an illegal guest. It wasn't even Poole who requested it. I don't hear any whinging from Lynn promotion. 

And yes, it sucks when your team loses or worse when they have injuries, but no point in blaming the opposition. 

Who requested it is irrelevant. If Morris rides, he is an illegal guest as per the rules of the sport.

Why bother having rules? 

• Like 1

Why would we not blame Jakobsen? I’m sure he didn’t mean it and he wasn’t riding dirty but he has knocked one of our key riders off and injured him. An accident but his fault, compounded by the referee getting it horrendously wrong. 

I think the reason Poole fans are generally despised is that very few of them have enough about them to say ‘yep we got away with one there’ and win with a bit of grace. Instead let’s sling a bit of mud the other way and see if it sticks as a distraction. Very sad. 

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Arthur54 said:

So it's Pooles fault 

Poole are the ones breaking the rules, however it is the fault of the BSPA and most importantly the utterly spineless SCB for allowing it to happen.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Arthur54 said:

Don't think neils would have got anymore last night 

I think Neil's would have scored more than 6 easily 

Just now, BWitcher said:

Who requested it is irrelevant. If Morris rides, he is an illegal guest as per the rules of the sport.

Why bother having rules? 

If it was another team rather than Poole nothing would have been said, so let's move on 

The situation has been solved. The SCB rules have been ammended so that the 5% above rule is now available home and AWAY.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, r8gdp said:

I think Neil's would have scored more than 6 easily 

You obviously haven't seen him ride at Poole lately 

3 minutes ago, BWitcher said:

Poole are the ones breaking the rules, however it is the fault of the BSPA and most importantly the utterly spineless SCB for allowing it to happen.

Sounds like Poole were backed into a corner by KL.