British Speedway Forum
Bagpuss

Poole v King’s Lynn Premiership Grand Final 1st leg 08/10/18

5 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Why would we not blame Jakobsen? I’m sure he didn’t mean it and he wasn’t riding dirty but he has knocked one of our key riders off and injured him. An accident but his fault, compounded by the referee getting it horrendously wrong. 

I think the reason Poole fans are generally despised is that very few of them have enough about them to say ‘yep we got away with one there’ and win with a bit of grace. Instead let’s sling a bit of mud the other way and see if it sticks as a distraction. Very sad. 

Ummm excuse me but then talking to one of your fellow KL fans on twitter earlier and after I watched the replay today the angle from behind looked 50/50 and the front angle looked like he hit his leg. 

6 minutes ago, r8gdp said:

I think Neil's would have scored more than 6 easily 

Not a chance, poor at Poole this season. 

4 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

And they could also had Hans Andersen for Niels at Lynn with the 5% above! 

I'm not sure Hans likes super grippy tracks.

8 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

The situation has been solved. The SCB rules have been ammended so that the 5% above rule is now available home and AWAY.

Two wrongs do not make a right! 

2 minutes ago, Arthur54 said:

You obviously haven't seen him ride at Poole lately 

No  just think he d have shown up and rode to his gp standard it s final and riders like him know when to rise up and be counted 

While i agree that the new guest rule installed for then play off final is common sense and in the best interest of the sport. 

Then we should have been allowed to replace bewley in the best interest of the sport so we diddnt have a 1 sided semi final 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Phil The Ace said:

While i agree that the new guest rule installed for then play off final is common sense and in the best interest of the sport. 

Then we should have been allowed to replace bewley in the best interest of the sport so we diddnt have a 1 sided semi final 

Bewley irreplaceable for you around belle vue cost you big time    Hope he can come back ok after his first bad crash this could make or brake him  because he s one hell of a talent and can go all the way to the top 

17 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Not a chance, poor at Poole this season. 

10 minutes ago, r8gdp said:

No  just think he d have shown up and rode to his gp standard it s final and riders like him know when to rise up and be counted 

Exactly. On a big occasion and with all due respect to Adam you would want an experienced GP rider in your team even if he doesn’t like the track.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Quite simple. Both teams have injured riders. To replace them, both clubs use similar quality riders from other clubs.

Done.

I posted this earlier, but not no response. Any thoughts Poole fans ?

We could have Bellego as his average is near enough..... Lynn can have 5.93 with the 5%.. Bellego is only 6.07... That's less of a gap than Kurtz/ Morris at Lynn...…… Which is 6.75 v 6.91 !!!

I'm sure Ford will return the favour and agree to it in the interest of the sport  :rofl: :rofl:

2 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

I posted this earlier, but not no response. Any thoughts Poole fans ?

We could have Bellego as his average is near enough..... Lynn can have 5.93 with the 5%.. Bellego is only 6.07... That's less of a gap than Kurtz/ Morris at Lynn...…… Which is 6.75 v 6.91 !!!

I'm sure Ford will return the favour and agree to it in the interest of the sport  :rofl: :rofl:

After just helping KL and getting called cheats why should we help them any more? 

• Like 1

Just a thought would anyone complain if Neil's declare s himself fit to ride tomorrow 

23 minutes ago, Phil The Ace said:

Phil, it isn't common sense...

Common sense would be both teams running with RR..

It is a Grand Final of the showpiece domestic competition in Britain, and has two riders who are team mates from a team that had competed in the same competition but were not good enough to reach the Final, and has them both now riding in direct opposition to each other...

Which is a farce any way up anyone tries to dress it...

But granted marginally better than the alternative plan (which must have been rendered initially perfectly acceptable by the MC don't forget to get it announced).. 

As fans when we tolerate such nonsense we really do get the sport we deserve...

Which is exactly the reason we have what we have today...

Decades of colluding with Promoters and pretending 'this is real' has led a phenomenally exciting sport to become nothing more than a Mickey Mouse minority sport which deservedly, at British Team Speedway level,  gets about as much mainstream media coverage and respect as 'synchronised bog snorkelling'  or 'clay pigeon shooting for the blind' would..

Having a ridiculously sh1te idea (but a bit less ridiculously sh1te than the one they thought of before). Is truly no measure of success...

Edited by mikebv
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

After just helping KL and getting called cheats why should we help them any more? 

I don’t understand this ‘helping Lynn’ thing. Leaving out whether people agree with it or not for a moment  we chose a guest in accordance with the rules and then a solution was found with everyone in agreement which meant you guys get somebody whose average is too high so you are hardly being disadvantaged. 

If people have a problem with the situation then all three parties need to be blamed.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, r8gdp said:

Just a thought would anyone complain if Neil's declare s himself fit to ride tomorrow 

Yes please then we could have Ellis 

Wasn’t Bewley a second string. Only r/r available.