British Speedway Forum
Bagpuss

Poole v King’s Lynn Premiership Grand Final 1st leg 08/10/18

4 minutes ago, cinderfella said:

Got to express my extreme disappointment with the tone of some of the comments being posted on this thread.
You would almost think it was a Forum for another sport and not speedway.

Too true think everybody needs to calm down a bit  it s not a matter of life or death it s a worthless bloody speedway meeting who win s who cares the most important thing is that speedway survives and all teams are back next year 

we have the world champion who s British let's hope he gets exposure and pushes the sport forward in the media 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

He's probably really fed up with us winning by so many on monday and likely to win overall. We are in a no win situation on here. Some saying Kings Lynn deserve it. The team that deserves it is the team who wins. Don't remember anyone saying we deserved it in 2010. Now the only thing that can save speedway is Poole closing!! 

Exactly FB, messed up people on here.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Poole sponsor...? Good enough for me, and I did put allegedly. He's more believable than your  drama queen webb13 or whatever he's called!

I know you was clever enough to add allegedly..He is not my drama queen. Never met him

Just now, Bald Bloke said:

I know you was clever enough to add allegedly..He is not my drama queen. Never met him

I meant yours cos you support the same team.

8 minutes ago, K3Scotty said:

Yeah, thats how I saw it. Might just have a chat with him.....Seems like a friendly chap.....

Come and say hello. My post wasn’t threatening in any way. I was trying to defuse dizzy arsed stars ranting.

5 minutes ago, r8gdp said:

Too true think everybody needs to calm down a bit  it s not a matter of life or death it s a worthless bloody speedway meeting who win s who cares the most important thing is that speedway survives and all teams are back next year 

we have the world champion who s British let's hope he gets exposure and pushes the sport forward in the media 

Needs to ride over here to have any impact.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

Why. within the rules ???

I thought it was now illegal for a rider to guest for both sides?

1 minute ago, lisa-colette said:

I meant yours cos you support the same team.

I know Lisa. Was just replying in the spirit of tonight's banter ;)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Pirate Nick said:

No

1 minute ago, Pirate Nick said:

Not in the play-offs.

2 minutes ago, Pirate Nick said:

The rule had been poorly written. It was tagged on at the bottom of the section but above underlined was Premiership and championship ko cup. It was ambiguous and the line should have been above the underlined line.

The simple solution as Pirate Nick has said, is that the scb should have told Lynn to find another guest. Poole have been dragged into a mess not of their making.

2 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

No

2 minutes ago, tellboy said:

Not in the play-offs.

I stand corrected. The option then is to stick to the rules, allow both teams their guests and then we could have had 40 pages of bitching on how ridiculous it was.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Steve Shovlar said:

Needs to ride over here to have any impact.

Here s hoping  we need the top boys back we need regular meetings week in week out we need those people who run the sport to get their breeding act together 

1 minute ago, Steve Shovlar said:

The rule had been poorly written. It was tagged on at the bottom of the section but above underlined was Premiership and championship ko cup. It was ambiguous and the line should have been above the underlined line.

The simple solution as Pirate Nick has said, is that the scb should have told Lynn to find another guest. Poole have been dragged into a mess not of their making.

Steve.. It might of been, but it was within the rules. If you can't admit to that, then we have no hope.. Was it legal  yes or no.  One word answer.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, r8gdp said:

Here s hoping  we need the top boys back we need regular meetings week in week out we need those people who run the sport to get their breeding act together 

Last thing we want is the incompetent fools breeding........:party:

• Like 1