British Speedway Forum
Bagpuss

Poole v King’s Lynn Premiership Grand Final 1st leg 08/10/18

I am still hopeful a speedway meeting might breakout tomorrow with fans from both sides having a friendly chat and some good racing. I am sure nobody wants anymore clubs to close. Contrary to popular belief most fans don't bother with forums and just go to have a great evening out so i will endeavour to get there early as possible as i am sure there will be big queues. 

3 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

No

It clearly should be though, or it wouldn’t have been included in the rules for the KO cup. The question is why such a sensible addition wasn’t included for the play-offs as well; something that would need taking up with the chairman. 

6 minutes ago, noggin said:

Last thing we want is the incompetent fools breeding........:party:

lol bloody predictable text   Your right though 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Nellie said:

It clearly should be though, or it wouldn’t have been included in the rules for the KO cup. The question is why such a sensible addition wasn’t included for the play-offs as well; something that would need taking up with the chairman. 

I see where your coming from ;). Isn't the chairman's job to put forward the views of a committee? Don't forget Buster has run 2 double headers, that lost him a lot of money, because of the deadline. Could you imagine Fraud doing the same as chairman ?? Or would a weeks extension be put in place.

Edited by Bald Bloke

2 minutes ago, r8gdp said:

lol bloody predictable text   Your right though 

Incontinent Pooles breeding you say,  that's just messed up.

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Not Pooles fault. What part of Ellis booked for Poole at Kings Lynn don’t you understand?

I'm not saying its Pooles fault.

I'm saying its the fault of everyone involved. Poole, Kings Lynn, the BSPA and the spineless SCB.

Reality is, Kings Lynn aren't using an illegal guest. Poole are. 

• Like 2

Lets get one thing straight- as from Yesterday it is illegal for a guest to ride for both teams in a two- legged tie in the Premiership and Championship- rule amendment SR 1810 issued 8th October 

https://www.scbgb.co.uk/regulations

I am now waiting for another SR to see how they word the rule amendment that allows Morris to guest for Kurtz  in an away match  :mad:

Edited by racers and royals

Is it legal for a team to use a rider over the allowed average from yesterday. I bet that's a one time offer

Bellego for MPT is less a difference than Morris for Kurtz !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Bald Bloke

15 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

Lets get one thing straight- as from Yesterday it is illegal for a guest to ride for both teams in a two- legged tie in the Premiership and Championship- rule amendment SR 1810 issued 8th October 

https://www.scbgb.co.uk/regulations

I am now waiting for another SR to see how they word the rule amendment that allows Morris to guest for Kurtz  in an away match  :mad:

I think you are going to be waiting, check your inbox

5 hours ago, BWitcher said:

Who requested it is irrelevant. If Morris rides, he is an illegal guest as per the rules of the sport.

Why bother having rules? 

The rules were changed, what part of that don't you understand? It was entirely legal. 

31 minutes ago, BurntFaceMan said:

The rules were changed, what part of that don't you understand? It was entirely legal. 

The rules were 'changed'.

Exactly. What credible sport changes rules with one meeting to go in a season. The answer is none. 

Why weren't the rules changed last season when Wolverhampton had their top two riders injured? It would have looked a lot more 'credible' for their own asset Tai Woffinden to ride than hire someone from another team wouldn't it? Quite rightly though, as per the rules, it wasn't allowed.

Just the statement 'the rules were changed' sums up what is wrong with the sport and is one of the key reasons it finds itself in the mess it is in this country.

You're happy the sport is going down the plughole over here.. I'm not. We'll leave it at that.

• Like 2

On 10/8/2018 at 10:32 PM, Ghosty said:

I am a complete neutral, have been involved in speedway for over 50 years (including riding a bit) only watched the last 5 heats as I had other commitments, but what I saw was Poole + the referee v. Kings Lynn!!!!! speedway digs itself future in it's grave..........   

100% agree,im watching as a neutral,and cant understand how the ref came to exclude MPT,would love to know if the SCB have a refs debrief and what was said by the referee to make a decision like that.The rider who knocked him off was all over the place running into the corner ,really would love to know the refs views on why he made his decision.Maybe speedway star editor can get a word with him!!!!!

King's Lynn ARE the reason all this has kicked off.

Poole had Ellis and Morris booked as guests for Kurtz.

King's Lynn booking Ellis for Monday, although not against the rule, made the sport look a total embarrassment by swapping guests for each leg.

If everyone was totally honest with themselves, King's Lynn should have been made to find an alternative guest. Poole should have kept Morris and Ellis.

There are other alternatives out there and Poole should have NO blame. 

There were alternatives available to King's Lynn, i.e. R/R, Jacob Thorssell, Hans Andersen, Ricky Wells and David Bellego. The first 3 being much clearer options.

Stars fans 'disgracing' Poole and it's supporters for it's blinkered views are exactly the same. 

This whole sorry mess all started from King's Lynn 'disgracing' the sport and we all shouldn't get away from that.

Yes there were terrible decisions from the referee in the meeting but these wouldn't have been as bigger issues had King's Lynn not gone 18 points down in the first 5 heats. We displayed an embarrassing start to the meeting. 

Also, just remember, had Jakobsen been excluded instead of MPT, he was still injured. Had he come out for the rerun as the adrenaline was flowing, 100% would have pulled up in that heat with a broken wrist. Result; 51-38.

Although a bit of fighting spirit was shown by King's Lynn mid meeting it was still a pretty abysmal performance. 

People should wind their necks in, focus on tonight and try to turn this result around fair and square with what we've got.

Regardless of whether Ellis and Howarth score 0, King's Lynn need 8+ from all of Jorgensen, Riss and Proctor. Double figures from R.Lambert to be expected and 3-4 from S.Lambert. Any points from Ellis and Howarth should be looked at as a bonus.

We have to go into this meeting with our minds set as a 5 man team and our middle order has to be on form. If one of Jorgensen, Riss or Proctor flop, quite frankly we're in the poop and we only have ourselves to blame for the appalling display in the first leg. 

Fingers crossed all rider's end the night safely, both sets of fans have an enjoyable evening and the world becomes a happy place again. 

May the best team over the 2 legs win and good luck all

:t:

• Like 8

6 hours ago, BurntFaceMan said:

The rule wasn’t changed - show us the new rule that makes Morris legal to ride at KL!

Edited by Steve0

43 minutes ago, Steve0 said:

The rule wasn’t changed - show us the new rule that makes Morris legal to ride at KL!

Don't be a prat. There are only 2 teams affected by the change. Both teams were in favour and it was ratified by the SCB.