British Speedway Forum
Bagpuss

Poole v King’s Lynn Premiership Grand Final 1st leg 08/10/18

Nine pages of guff already and we’ve still five days to go :blink:

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

No Bellego  is too inconsistent and Morris isn't having his best season so i would choose Ellis for both legs if Musielak isn't available.

You can choose who you want - it doesn’t mean they will ride for you.  I think you’ll find that Brady wasn’t having his best season either.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Of course I am not throwing the towel in.:lol:

We are “The Mighty” Poole Pirates and we will never give up. But there’s no denying the odds are against us.

Never give up??  Don’t make us laugh! You threw the towel in after 3 heats on Monday night!  :rolleyes:

Edited by Steve0
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, foreverblue said:

What idiot would use Howarth as a guest!

1 minute ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Of course I am not throwing the towel in.:lol:

We are “The Mighty” Poole Pirates and we will never give up. But there’s no denying the odds are against us.

Exactly , if you believe you're the under dogs a rally cry would be better than quoting odds, Poole have the experience of finals, Lynn don't, the pressure is on them to justify the odds, we all know finishing top brings no guarantees. 

• Like 1

good luck poole…...butid say good luck to ANY  team, if it meant stopping kings lynn winning the top flight title for the first time!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Steve0 said:

You can choose who you want - it doesn’t mean they will ride for you.  I think you’ll find that Brady wasn’t having his best season either.

We can't choose who we want or we would get Doyle to guest! Just lucky Batch can't guest!

1 minute ago, foreverblue said:

We can't choose who we want or we would get Doyle to guest! Just lucky Batch can't guest!

Why? Batch hates Lynn he'd at least put a 1000% effort in :D 

11 minutes ago, Steve0 said:

Well two have said yes! :) Hopefully they are Swindon riders.

3 hours ago, g13webb said:

Once upon a time  when  speedway was a straight forward sport,  No.1 was the top rider,    Riders 2nd and 3rd in the averages were the other heat leaders in position 3 and 5.  Riders  in 4th and 5th in the averages were classed as second strings and rode in team positions  2 and 4.   leaving the lowest average rides at reserve position 6 and 7.  

Now apart from  riders No1 and 6 and 7 in the averages, all the rest  can be placed in what order you wish.  That's all very well giving the team manager the option to determine the rider positions,   but in doing so it  alters the difficult in those certain races,  falsifying the averages to a certain degree.   

My ole mam use to say,  ' if its not broken why fix it'   but it seems the BSPA has never heard of that philosophy.   

i seem to remember the good old days and Ivan Mauger riding at number 2 for some meetings .. could be wrong

32 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Well two have said yes! :) Hopefully they are Swindon riders.

There is no one else they have to be Swindon riders.

2 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

There is no one else they have to be Swindon riders.

*fingers crossed*

You'd think it would be r/r otherwise!

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Surely not? Gavan said the only reason that Kings Lynn were favourites was because they were virtually through to the final and Poole v Somerset was on a knife edge. He said I knew nothing about betting.

Just looked at the odds. Kings Lynn are 8/15 on and Poole 7/4 against. Kings Lynn are massive favourites with the bookies. Clearly Gavan knows Jack 5hit about betting.:lol:

Oh dear oh dear clearly yet again you twist what is written to be a troll 

All you want to do us wind people up what a sad little life you have if that’s what you enjoy doing. 

After the first legs Kings Lynn were 4/9 

Now Kings Lynn are 8/15

That by anyone’s reading is a DRIFT!!!

As I said and predicted Kings Lynn were much shorter after the first leg then they are now .... the reason..... there are only 2 teams left not 3!!

Nice bit of trolling because although your kicks come from winding people up even you can’t be so thick

Oh dear your argument was blown out of the water. You clearly know nothing about betting. Suggest you take up a better hobby or you will be broke.:lol:

Up the pirates!:cheers:

2 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Oh dear your argument was blown out of the water. You clearly know nothing about betting. Suggest you take up a better hobby or you will be broke.:lol:

Up the pirates!:cheers:

What is wrong with you? You just seem a bitter and twisted person that you feel the need to constantly try and make people look foolish

I told you that after the first leg that Kings Lynn would be longer odds on then they would after the second leg and I was 100% spot on. 

Kings Lynn have drifted as there is now 2 teams left not 3.

I never said after the semis that Poole would be favourites so yet again another blatant lie. 

You have shown your true colours on attacks on me , and you continue to make up stuff just to wind me up. 

You sad sad man