British Speedway Forum
Bagpuss

Poole v King’s Lynn Premiership Grand Final 1st leg 08/10/18

So Poole fans, what type of lead do we need to take to Kings Lynn and defend?

Will 8 points be enough? 10? 16?

We only lost there by 2 in the A fixture but the Kings Lynn lineup has changed with Garrity out and Riss in, which strengthened them considerably, allowing Toft to reserve. Poole are the same 1-7 but have a different riding order and of course no Brady.

In the B fixture Kings Lynn won at a canter 58-32. The reason why Kings Lynn are such one sided favourites for the title?

I think we will need at least 12 to give ourselves a chance. Any less than that and we could be all square before we have got ourselves dialled into the track. Our main problem is Kings Lynn have a much stronger 1 and 5. Lambert and Iversen v Harris and ? Is a big problem in 13 and 15. And Toft at reserve can have 7 rides which is a big advantage.

20 minutes ago, Gavan said:

Obviously Steve Shovlar is expecting Brady to score 10 or more against Lambert and Iversen when he has a home average of less than 7 lol the gift that keeps on giving

Still if hopefully Poole lose the final then at least you can use the pathetic excuse that you missed Brady....... yet couldn’t admit that Somerset missed Holder and BWD and Summers...... one rule for Poole and another for everyone else

Lambert and Kurtz are both a bit strange looking though aren’t they ? A bit odd around the eyes I would say. 

• Haha 1

So Steve is a sad pathetic little man for expressing his opinion...but Gavan  isn't one for his?   I'm not sure why you 2 don't just stop answering each other.  

I'm hoping that both legs are close and yet another last heat decider, with the best 4 riders making multiple passes until the flag.   

11 minutes ago, Thecatalyst said:

I'm hoping that both legs are close and yet another last heat decider, with the best 4 riders making multiple passes until the flag.   

One thing missing in your dreams of passing, the NSS track   :D

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Doyle gave the game away coming off the second bend of the last lap. He looked over his right shoulder, saw Bomber and moved out, closing the door for an outside run. Bomber must have seen him look, knew the outside was no go and charged underneath, catching Doyle out. Superb move.

Bomber said he caught Doyle out or words to that affect. 

Doyle gave the game away coming off the second bend of the last lap. He looked over his right shoulder, saw Bomber and moved out, closing the door for an outside run. Bomber must have seen him look, knew the outside was no go and charged underneath, catching Doyle out. Superb move.

Darcy did that move a fair bit too I seem to remember, it is a good one to use and perfect :)

Hi all,

This is my first post so please be kind. My wife and I are coming down from London to watch our first ever live speedway meeting, having been TV speedway fans for a long time. We support Tai Woffinden in the GPs and next year we may venture to our first GP at Cardiff. We chose to support Poole as my wife is from Bournemouth so it is her local team. Boy, did we pick the right club! After watching Poole make the final my wife asked me if we could get tickets for the final.  Reading on here it doesn’t seem to be the case that you buy tickets in advance but just queue? Is it the same for the carpark? Is the carpark safe? Security? Easy target for thieves knowing the owner is in the stadium.

Anyway we are looking forward to it and hope to see some great racing and a Poole win.

He did, you only have to watch the replay again. Doyley looked slightly to his left unaware the Bomber was right up his back wheel on his right. Doyley made a mistake. Thankfully.

Difficult to know what lead we need but we need to start a bit better than monday! I would have thought minimum of 8 anymore would be a bonus. 

2 hours ago, g13webb said:

No body beats Robert at Kings Lynn.    Of all the happenings of this year in speedway,   it is the form of Lambert that has been truly surprising. He has progressed from a talent  youngster into a world class riders.   His attitude and behaviour has been a credit to him and the club.   Leading by example, he is now a true number 1 rider . 

And they're not many of them about....

Theres always a first time.

41 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

So Poole fans, what type of lead do we need to take to Kings Lynn and defend?

Will 8 points be enough? 10? 16?

We only lost there by 2 in the A fixture but the Kings Lynn lineup has changed with Garrity out and Riss in, which strengthened them considerably, allowing Toft to reserve. Poole are the same 1-7 but have a different riding order and of course no Brady.

In the B fixture Kings Lynn won at a canter 58-32. The reason why Kings Lynn are such one sided favourites for the title?

I think we will need at least 12 to give ourselves a chance. Any less than that and we could be all square before we have got ourselves dialled into the track. Our main problem is Kings Lynn have a much stronger 1 and 5. Lambert and Iversen v Harris and ? Is a big problem in 13 and 15. And Toft at reserve can have 7 rides which is a big advantage.

Ideally 14+, realistically 10/12 Would be okay but definitely at least 8.

Edit - oh snap FB!!

Edited by lisa-colette
  • Like 2

37 minutes ago, Thecatalyst said:

So Steve is a sad pathetic little man for expressing his opinion...but Gavan  isn't one for his?   I'm not sure why you 2 don't just stop answering each other.  

He ridiculed and mocked my personal situation nothing to do with his opinions (which 9 times out of 10 are different to anyone else’s I.e trolling) so anyone who thinks it funny to mock someone’s life is the lowest of the low and yes sad and pathetic 

Just now, Gavan said:

He ridiculed and mocked my personal situation nothing to do with his opinions (which 9 times out of 10 are different to anyone else’s I.e trolling) so anyone who thinks it funny to mock someone’s life is the lowest of the low and yes sad and pathetic 

Interesting that Pinny was the first person to bring it up but you say nothing to him about it! Also a lot of times FB calls you out on stuff like Steve does but yet you say nothing to FB like you do to Steve. 

From an outside view it looks like whatever Steve says., Gavan try to pull it apart and make Steve look foolish, maybe some type of vendetta against Steve for what was said about Gavan.

It just looks strange that nearly all threads that involve Poole, end up with the same people digging at one another.