Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Bagpuss

Poole v King’s Lynn Premiership Grand Final 1st leg 08/10/18

2 minutes ago, Wee Eck said:

When did KL have an Australian line up? I remember Peterborough having one in the early 2000s maybe, but not KL

leigh adams, craig boyce, Jason crump, travis McGowan, shane parker.i believe 2002 when known as silver machine

Edited by ColinMills
  • Like 1

Morris and Ellis both riding at Peterborough today along with MPT and S.Lambert.

Thorsell (as a possible guest for NKI?) is riding in the same Polish meeting as Woryna - Rybnik v Zielona Gora -  but Thorsell is not in any form at the moment 0,0 from 2.

28 minutes ago, ColinMills said:

leigh adams, craig boyce, Jason crump, travis McGowan, shane parker.i believe 2002 when known as silver machine

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ColinMills said:

blimey.....speedway and rules don't go together....list is endless, nicholls riding for both finalists last year...a promotion relegation(joke idea), have a rider who represent both teams

Because of that Nicholls situation last year the regs this year dont allow it

A rider cannot ride for both teams in a 2 legged tie

2 hours ago, Gavan said:

Looks like the luck really is with Poole this season. Firstly Somerset having a weakened team and losing another rider and now Lynn having injury worries

Cant fo anything about injuries but the title really is being gift wrapped to Poole 

We would rather have Brady than Morris thanks you seem to think we have had all the luck.  Iversen isn't even out yet and if he is out they can get a guest who will probably score more than Iversen as he has been poor at Poole this season although like Poole without Brady im sure KL would like to have a full team of their own riders without guests. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

If that's right and IF Poole have already booked Ellis for Weds, leaves about Thorsell and Bellego. But fingers crossed Niels is deemed okay. 

18 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Believe that is right. If NKI is not fit i would think they will go for Thorssell.

Edited by Starman2006

New Bomber t-shirts available tomorrow.

22 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Why would Thorsell be in the country?

To take the guest booking assuming NKI cannot ride. There are planes you know.

Edited by Starman2006
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, foreverblue said:

Locals don't need time off unless they do shift work. 

So if they work shifts unless they are on earlys they cannot take the time off. Simulary if KL fans work during the day they cannot take the time off. Happy.

54 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

We would rather have Brady than Morris thanks you seem to think we have had all the luck.  Iversen isn't even out yet and if he is out they can get a guest who will probably score more than Iversen as he has been poor at Poole this season although like Poole without Brady im sure KL would like to have a full team of their own riders without guests. 

Not sure who you think would score more than Niels, especially at Lynn. Guest availability is a big issue this time of year and there certainly isn’t anyone available in Iversen’s class.

Whatever happens I really hope the points from Kurtz & Iversen’s replacements don’t decide the tie.

5 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Not sure who you think would score more than Niels, especially at Lynn. Guest availability is a big issue this time of year and there certainly isn’t anyone available in Iversen’s class.

Whatever happens I really hope the points from Kurtz & Iversen’s replacements don’t decide the tie.

Well thats the thing with injuries. Not that some would agree, but if NKI doesnt ride and you go with RR, Then i assume all the rest of your side can take a ride. But if you get a guest then in thiery its a level playing field again.  But lets see if NKI declares himself fit to ride.

Edited by Starman2006

5 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

I was meaning monday as he has not been great at Poole this season , nobody wants riders hurt, i have spoken to Niels several times and know he is a really nice guy and hope he recovers quickly and can take his place on monday.