British Speedway Forum
Bagpuss

Poole v King’s Lynn Premiership Grand Final 1st leg 08/10/18

Just now, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Extract from regs

IMG-20181007-WA0003.jpg

Ta! Confusing when people say different things! 

24 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Rubbish. Kings Lynn need to look elsewhere for the good of the sport. They were too late. Unfortunate but r/r or Bellego/Thorsell, Tungate/S Worrall the choice is out there.

Mr Ford has never considered the good of the sport so this is all a little bit rich in all honesty. And considering the number of stunts pulled by Poole over the years Mr Middleditch would do well to keep his gob firmly shut rather than spouting off. Rule bending has suited him fine over the years and he’s never made a peep.

All that said double R/R would be the perfect solution and one I would applaude.

Edited by Bagpuss
  • Like 3

Any chance both Ellis and Morris will ride both Monday and Wednesday?

2 minutes ago, krompa said:

Any chance both Ellis and Morris will ride both Monday and Wednesday?

If Iversen is out I would put money on Morris riding for Lynn. Chapman has wrecked the first leg he may as well make it a pair.

Anyway is there any Poole fan who isn't too mad at the moment tell me how far the travelodge on Holes Bay Road is from the stadium please.

1 minute ago, BLACKHEART said:

Could Morris guest for Poole in the 2nd leg or is Nick's average too high?

Too high.

7 minutes ago, Steve0 said:

Yes - and no one has ridden yet!  Ellis will ride for KL first!  The simple and best solution is for Morris to ride both legs for KL and Ellis to ride both for Poole - it makes sense!

My guess, and it might be just how my mind works :blink:. Is that Poole may of been  asked about Morris for Lynn and Ellis for Poole over the 2 legs in the interest of the sport, and Ford might of said no, in the interest of Poole. Perfectly legal.

So in the interest of Lynn Buster might using which ever rider is available on the nights when Poole don't want them. Perfectly legal it seems. Although not ideal.

Now we get Poole fans talking about "In the interest of the sport". 

No rules have been broken. But I hope something can be sorted out.

Will add more "fire to" the final if it does happen though.

1 minute ago, Bald Bloke said:

Will add more "fire to" the final if it does happen though.

Doesn’t add any fire at all. Its like a bucket of water has been thrown over it. 

3 minutes ago, tellboy said:

Anyway is there any Poole fan who isn't too mad at the moment tell me how far the travelodge on Holes Bay Road is from the stadium please.

Its near the station 10 min walk i would say.

3 minutes ago, tellboy said:

Other side of the huge roundabout isn't it? Though there are roadworks starting tomorrow on Hunger Hill. 

5 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Doesn’t add any fire at all. Its like a bucket of water has been thrown over it. 

You only quoted a 1 line of my post.. Any thoughts on the rest.. If Ford was asked about using 1 rider each for boths legs in the interest of the sport. And if Ford had  said  no. Do you think that's unsporting SS?.

Edited by Bald Bloke

The rules should say no. If a rider is booked to take place in the final, that ride should automatically be unavailable to the other team. Simple as that. 

If the injuries had been reversed, and we had lost a rider today, I would think it abhorent to use a rider who is riding for the opposition in the other leg.

I am most certainly not the only one who thinks this. Facebook and twitter is also in meltdown in the speedway world.

3 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

The rules should say no. If a rider is booked to take place in the final, that ride should automatically be unavailable to the other team. Simple as that. 

If the injuries had been reversed, and we had lost a rider today, I would think it abhorent to use a rider who is riding for the opposition in the other leg.

I am most certainly not the only one who thinks this. Facebook and twitter is also in meltdown in the speedway world.

I think Poole would do anything within the rules to win, and would do the same if it benifited them.. How dare Lynn do it once !!. You can't blame Lynn if its legal.

You  seem dodge questions you don't like. The rules should say, but they don't.

Edited by Bald Bloke
  • Like 1

Just now, Bald Bloke said:

You  seem dodge questions you don't like. The rules should say, but they don't.

No they don’t as I said earlier. For some unfathomable reason they are there at 18.2.4 but there’s an element of confusion.

A decent promotion wouldn’t have caused this sorry mess. Be honest. Kings Lynn promotion have caused this. I understand you want to defend your promotion but this is undefendable to be honest.