British Speedway Forum
Bagpuss

Poole v King’s Lynn Premiership Grand Final 1st leg 08/10/18

Just now, Always a RACER said:

Q- if Iversen got injured first (before Kurtz) and KL had already booked Eliis for Monday, would this have stopped Poole booking him for Weds ? 

As a neutral  I think Poole are massively advantaged with the guest situation as Iversen will be missed more by KL than Kurtz for Poole.

I don't, I think Iversen has been very poor all season.

8 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

I have seen the crash but I have seen worse and the rider has ridden straight afterwards. There doesn't seem to be any information on exactly why he can't ride, I don't blame him for not wanting to ride after a crash like that but just wondered if there is a physical reason why he can't ride.

Disagree. He took a hell of a whack. Concussion can leave you feeling all over the place. Plus he landed on his collarbone.

• Like 3

Just now, foamfence said:

I don't, I think Iversen has been very poor all season.

Iversen has done nothing at Poole this season. Then moaned big time about the track after it had been re-laid. Ellis will most certainly do more than Iversen would have.

• Like 2

Iversen has said he needs to 'rest' but hasn't clarified for how long. Its possible he'll be ok for the 2nd leg on Wednesday if its not concussion?!  If not available then the likes of Andersen, Thorsell and Morris are likely to be among the options.

As for this evening NKI has always made no secret of the fact he hates the Poole track so his absence makes KL a little stronger I feel. At least both Morris and Ellis were in decent form at Peterborough yesterday as was Klindt with a 15 point max in Poland!:D

Edited by Skidder1

Don’t forget Simon Lambert!

2 hours ago, Gavan said:

But then in a way thats punishing Poole and thats not right either.

Kurtz got injured and rightly Poole have gone for a superior guest like they are allowed to.

Iversen gets injured and Kings Lynn have every right to get a guest, just so happens he isnt in the class of Iversen.

Kings Lynn can go for the best guest available to them and they have done that.

What if the rule was in place and like this injury has happened last minute , that would leave Lynn weak with r/r or having to go with a lower guest like Zach or Bellego............that would be just as much of a farce

I've noticed that Iversen has been regularly dropping clangers lately, and seems to lose his rag a bit too easily. Maybe KL won't be all that much at a disadvantage.

44 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Disagree. He took a hell of a whack. Concussion can leave you feeling all over the place. Plus he landed on his collarbone.

Yes I agree he took a whack but I hadn't heard he has got concussion.

29 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Don’t forget Simon Lambert!

Yes he has been in very good form lately, got a massive score for Peterborough although they still lost.

"we don't even know why Iversen isn't riding as he hasn't been injured."

Well I watched the crash, and it looked pretty nasty to me. If he wasn't injured he wouldn't have been taken to hospital. Not all injuries are obvious, I tweaked my back a few days ago gardening, and I'm still suffering, I should think Neils is black and blue after that, and it probably didn't do his existing shoulder injury any good either!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, foreverblue said:

Fans from all different teams have said it makes the sport look a joke when one rider is riding for both teams. 

Who is available for a GP rider ? Why couldn't Poole agree for Lynn to use Morris and Poole Ellis for both legs. Job done !! That would be in the interest of the sport at this stage with a TV meeting as well ? 

I expect Ford said no, in the interest of Poole, and that's why we have this situation...…. Maybe ??

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Always a RACER said:

Q- if Iversen got injured first (before Kurtz) and KL had already booked Eliis for Monday, would this have stopped Poole booking him for Weds ? 

As a neutral  I think Poole are massively advantaged with the guest situation as Iversen will be missed more by KL than Kurtz for Poole.

Don't think we are advantaged at all, Iversen hates riding at Poole these days, moaned like anything last time, his scores at Poole this season have not been very good so if Ellis scores  more than 6 he will have been an improvement on Iversen.

Edited by foreverblue

1 minute ago, foreverblue said:

Don't think we are advantaged at all, Iversen hates riding at Poole these days, moaned like anything last time, his scores at Poole this season have not been very good so if Ellis scores  more than 6 he will have been an improvement on Iversen.

Lynn will miss NKI  in heats 13 and 15.. 

1 minute ago, Bald Bloke said:

Who is available for a GP rider ? Why couldn't Poole agree for Lynn to use Morris and Poole Ellis for both legs. Job done !! That would be in the interest of the sport at this stage with a TV meeting as well ? 

I expect Ford said no, in the interest of Poole, and that's why we have this situation...…. Maybe ??

I doubt the question was erven asked or considered. Iversen hasn't ridden like a gp rider over here all season, Ellis will probably score more than he would have.

Just now, foreverblue said:

I doubt the question was erven asked or considered. Iversen hasn't ridden like a gp rider over here all season, Ellis will probably score more than he would have.

If most of the fans are saying the same, do you think that it didn't cross Ford and Busters mind... Really ?