British Speedway Forum
Bagpuss

Poole v King’s Lynn Premiership Grand Final 1st leg 08/10/18

3 hours ago, THE DEAN MACHINE said:

If Ellis rides for both teams, british speedway doesn’t deserve a fan base, it’s an embarrassment 

And I thought we'd reached a low point with last years relegation play off, with riders riding for the same teams!

British Speedway is the gift that keeps on giving:rofl:

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

Totally agree with that SS. Don't agree Adam makes Lynn " far stronger" though. Morris is expected to score more than  Adam Eliis tonight... Well that's what Ford thinks otherwise he would be using Ellis :)

You must know by now the Poole rule...................if Poole are missing riders they are weaker................if the opposition are missing riders they are stronger.

Why are Poole fans worried about Ellis replacing Iversen?  As said by Adams dad if Poole thought Eliis was good enough they would have booked him.

In simple terms Poole have replaced their 3rd best rider with Swindons second best..............and Kings Lynn have replaced their second best rider with Swindons fourth best......so basically Poole have advantage there its not hard to work out..........though it may change if Morris has a bad one and Adam has a good one..................but if that happens thats Pooles fault for not using Adam when they had the chance, they cant complain

• Like 1

With this latest embarrassment how can you still support the rip offs. Not only is the title going to be decided over a four match shoot out, it ain’t even going to be the regular teams and one rider is going to ride for both teams ha ha ha.

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

OK it’s time to put this mess behind us and try to look forward to the final. For those travelling down from Kings Lynn, the weather is dry and overcast. No rain is forecast so it’s all good to go.

I believe Kings Lynn are far stronger with Ellis in the team. It should be relatively easy to outscore Iversens efforts this year. Lynn are certainly strengthened tonight. If Iversen doesn’t ride in the second leg they could be weakened but around Wimborne Road Iversen is not a serious threat.

Poole need to start the meeting far better then we did against Somerset. We can’t afford to wait until heat 8 before waking up.

Very hard one to call. I think we need 12-14 points to be in with a shout of winning the title. Not going to be easy to get any type of lead.  Just hope it’s a great meeting.

I certainly think he will be a big miss at KL but not at Poole where he has been very poor.

3 minutes ago, Gavan said:

You must know by now the Poole rule...................if Poole are missing riders they are weaker................if the opposition are missing riders they are stronger.

Why are Poole fans worried about Ellis replacing Iversen?  As said by Adams dad if Poole thought Eliis was good enough they would have booked him.

In simple terms Poole have replaced their 3rd best rider with Swindons second best..............and Kings Lynn have replaced their second best rider with Swindons fourth best......so basically Poole have advantage there its not hard to work out..........though it may change if Morris has a bad one and Adam has a good one..................but if that happens thats Pooles fault for not using Adam when they had the chance, they cant complain

In simple terms KL have replaced a rider who is notoriously bad at Poole with one who is notoriously good at Poole.

6 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

I certainly think he will be a big miss at KL but not at Poole where he has been very poor.

If you go down that route. Brady's hasn't been good at Poole either, His last 4 home meetings have seen.... 2 from 5 rides , 12 from 5,  5 from 4,  and 5 from 4 average 5.33 ! Just saying ;)

Its done now .Looking forward to tonight :t:

1 hour ago, g13webb said:

We as a club have bent over backwards supporting Niels over the years, and am disappointed that he never considered how important the play-off was to this club this week.  I appreciate he wanted to compete in the Gollob Charity meeting, but at what expense.  He has let the whole of the club down with this injury.  and its not the first time we have suffered  this season, because his cavalier attitude.  The time is fast approaching when we have to ask,  is it worth a club spending big bucks for a top rider when they only put importance in themselves.    Very disappointed with the way it has all turned out....

I have read some bewilderment posts in my time, but this beets all, he's give up his time to attend a meeting to a rider that as graced us, that now has life changing injuries.

Fair play NKI, take a bow

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

In simple terms KL have replaced a rider who is notoriously bad at Poole with one who is notoriously good at Poole.

It's all relative though isn't it?

If NKI were to score 6/7 at Wimborne Road, it would be considered poor for a rider of his stature.

In contrast, should Adam get a similar tally this evening, it would be considered a good effort in the circumstances.

4 minutes ago, sommelier said:

I have read some bewilderment posts in my time, but this beets all, he's give up his time to attend a meeting to a rider that as graced us, that now has life changing injuries.

Fair play NKI, take a bow

Absolutely spot on - the same person will be moaning when top riders don’t ride in the Ben fund meeting.

• Like 1

Not sure if anyone has asked this already but if Adam Ellis rides in both legs of the final for opposing teams will he get both a Winner's and a Runners Up medal?

Edited by Oafski
spelling mistake

16 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

That I am afraid goes beyond Gavans agenda.

• Like 2

Can someone quote the rule that excludes the riders from the other teams that contested the semi finals please, as I can't see it in the Speedway regulations.

2 hours ago, g13webb said:

We as a club have bent over backwards supporting Niels over the years, and am disappointed that he never considered how important the play-off was to this club this week.  I appreciate he wanted to compete in the Gollob Charity meeting, but at what expense.  He has let the whole of the club down with this injury.  and its not the first time we have suffered  this season, because his cavalier attitude.  The time is fast approaching when we have to ask,  is it worth a club spending big bucks for a top rider when they only put importance in themselves.    Very disappointed with the way it has all turned out....

Surely riding in a benefit for another rider with serious injuries is not thinking of self importance.Your post in poor taste IMO .

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, NickRushbrook said:

It's all relative though isn't it?

If NKI were to score 6/7 at Wimborne Road, it would be considered poor for a rider of his stature.

In contrast, should Adam get a similar tally this evening, it would be considered a good effort in the circumstances.

Yes that is true but in his last two meetings at Poole Iversen has scored 5 and 6 whereas Ellis has scored 9 and paid 9 so on form Ellis should outscore Iversen.

9 minutes ago, woofers said:

Can someone quote the rule that excludes the riders from the other teams that contested the semi finals please, as I can't see it in the Speedway regulations.

The rule say’s that a team in the play-offs cannot use a guest from the other teams in the play-offs ie 3 other teams.