British Speedway Forum
Bagpuss

Poole v King’s Lynn Premiership Grand Final 1st leg 08/10/18

Got to laugh at mr godfrey saying " in the best interests of the sport" didnt think like that for the comets in summer !

Credit where due - this is a sensible compromise

There is hope for the future yet!!

Oh well thats the final done and dusted

Nick Morris goes better at Poole than Ellis in the main as 14 points from number one shows on a visit there earlier in the season and he certainly goes better than Ellis at Lynn, Poole have benefitted from being able to use Morris at Kings Lynn thats pretty obvious.

Kurtz 6.75.............replaced by Morris 6.74

Iversen 7.36...........replaced by Ellis 6.47

That shows the advantage Poole have but they can only beat whats in front of them

Hope Kings Lynn can overcome the loss and at least make a spectacle of the final

• Like 1

My interest in watching either leg is still 0.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Col said:

My interest in watching either leg is still 0.

Mine isn't, because, whatever happens, Swindon are still victorious. Win win :)

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Gavan said:

Nick Morris goes better at Poole than Ellis in the main as 14 points from number one shows on a visit there earlier in the season and he certainly goes better than Ellis at Lynn, Poole have benefitted from being able to use Morris at Kings Lynn thats pretty obvious.

That shows the advantage Poole have but they can only beat whats in front of them

Hope Kings Lynn can overcome the loss and at least make a spectacle of the final

One rider dont win a meeting or two in this case 

4 minutes ago, Gavan said:

I don't understand why this agreement wasn't that the team with the higher average rider use the guest with the higher average.

• Like 1

At last, a sensible outcome for both teams!  Lets hope the Final lives up to expectations.

Its very unfortunate, that it came down to using guests for both Poole and Kings Lynn, I'm sure we would have all been happier had we both had our normal line ups. Sadly injuries are part of the sports downside, but I guess we just have to live with that.

Now lets all look forward to two great meetings, no injuries, and may the best team win (as long as its Kings Lynn!)

While common sense has theoretically prevailed, Morris has a higher average than Kurtz for Wednesday. That will stick in my claw if Poole win it Wednesday and Morris nails double figures.

Poole should be the happier of the 2 teams with the guest options. 

Edited by Daniel Smith

4 minutes ago, Grachan said:

I don't understand why this agreement wasn't that the team with the higher average rider use the guest with the higher average.

Can't argue with that, but statement says all parties agree.  So, can only assume KL are happy with this.

9 minutes ago, Grachan said:

I think it is all done on guests being booked for tonight staying with that team! 

9 minutes ago, Grachan said:

Correct, though Lynn must have agreed to it which seems strange.

If Morris bangs in double figures at Lynn on Wednesday ,when he by the rules shouldnt have been riding , will not be good for the sport. 

I agree that a guest shouldnt ride for both teams.......but also try explaining to a neutral why Morris is riding Wednesday

big advantage to poole now,all the good work done by kl through the season gone in the final hours of the season

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Gavan said:

Morris is 6.91.

There. I said it wouldn’t take long for the usual suspects to start moaning about Poole being over the limit for Wednesday.

If we win it will all because we were over the points limit yadda yadda yadda.

Kings Lynn are still firm favourites with the bookies.