British Speedway Forum
Bagpuss

Poole v King’s Lynn Premiership Grand Final 1st leg 08/10/18

6 minutes ago, Gavan said:

Bless you whats your problem?

Nick Morris has an average to high to ride at Lynn...........thats the rules but now we dont have rules anymore maybe Poole can see if Doyle can replace Kurtz........all in the best interests of the sport of course.

Its plain and simple

Kings Lynn broke no rules by Ellis riding

Poole needed to find a guest for the second leg.

But because it looks a bit silly (and i agree) that Ellis rides for both teams, we now make the sport look just as silly by saying ' do you know what rather than have a rider riding for two teams in final, we will just use an illegal one instead'.........................both ways are farcical and the final basically is a joke

I think that is just about right. The so called climax to the season is a joke. Been trying to explain this to a non Speedway sports fan. His face is a picture lol.

So this is how it went, a team finished 9 points behind the top team . They then qualified for a two match shoot out with the top team, and then were allowed to field an over strength team . 

Edited by Cliffeboy

Gavan, Well yes we should have Ellis and KL have Morris but how do you know who's idea it was to do this? You don't? Maybe BT sport said 'can you guys not have the same guest on Weds instead of swapping...?' Fact is Gavan you don't know and I don't know. But I prefer this to swapping riders half way through a final. If KL fans don't have a problem with it then I don't see how you can! 

make the rules up(or  change  them) as you go along.....end the season on a  HIGH  farce

I usually hate it when the 'in the best interests' line is trotted out because very often the decision made quite obviously isnt!

However this time I do genuinely believe that the solution IS in the best interests of the sport compared to running the 2 legs and the teams swapping guests at half time

However ideally the regs shouldve been in place to prevent it anyway so it is still only the best if a bad job

• Like 4

Whilst it would have made more sense if the guests were the other way round, surely Speedway has become too obsessed with averages in recent years, and if both teams agree on this then I don't see too much of a problem with it.

• Like 5

Once you break the rules for whatever reason the sport loses all credibility.What will happen in future when a side wants to use a guest that is slightly over the limit?

7 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

The bookies have certainly taken all this into account. Kings Lynn are huge favourites!

no they are not huge favourites !!!   virtually the same price both teams !!

3 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Gavan, Well yes we should have Ellis and KL have Morris but how do you know who's idea it was to do this? You don't? Maybe BT sport said 'can you guys not have the same guest on Weds instead of swapping...?' Fact is Gavan you don't know and I don't know. But I prefer this to swapping riders half way through a final. If KL fans don't have a problem with it then I don't see how you can! 

It’s not about whether Gavan or anyone thinks it’s right , do you not see. It’s breaking the rules, pure and simple. I shall not be watching , I hope for the sake of the credibility of our sport Lynn the true champs win. That’s me finished with this now , btw well done Tai, see you all next season.

2 minutes ago, colin wood said:

Once you break the rules for whatever reason the sport loses all credibility.What will happen in future when a side wants to use a guest that is slightly over the limit?

UK speedway has none left to lose.

1 minute ago, colin wood said:

You can't do it unless you are in the playoff final and there is no one else to guest. Personally I blame Museliek for this mess :D

Just now, tricky dicky said:

no they are not huge favourites !!!   virtually the same price both teams !!

Not unless it has changed in the last 30 mins.

Edit. It has changed. Lynn are now 4/5 and Poole 7/5.

Lynn still favourites though and rightly so.

2nd leg could get rained off yet, put back to next Monday, Iversen might be fit again depending how bad his head injury is and then we can go back to using Ellis. Ta-da!!! We are not cheating til it actually happens! 

• Haha 1

Just now, lisa-colette said:

2nd leg could get rained off yet, put back to next Monday, Iversen might be fit again depending how bad his head injury is and then we can go back to using Ellis. Ta-da!!! We are not cheating til it actually happens! 

We are not cheating anyway.

Haters gonna hate.

• Haha 1

5/4 on  7/5.... too close to call now.  Have Poole's odds come in since NKI was ruled out ?