British Speedway Forum
Bagpuss

Poole v King’s Lynn Premiership Grand Final 1st leg 08/10/18

12 hours ago, HenryW said:

15.2.6 was modified early in the season by supplementary regulation SR 1805. The revised wording was as below. 

15.2.6 Only if a rider is at the Starting Gate with sufficient time remaining of the 2- minute allowance, be permitted to prepare their Start Area, provided they remain in full, personal control of their motorcycle, have their Cut – Out Lanyard attached, and with their motorcycle facing the direction of racing.

15.2.6 Only if a Poole rider is at the Starting Gate with sufficient time remaining of the 2- minute allowance, be permitted to prepare their Start Area, provided they remain in full, personal control of their motorcycle, have their Cut – Out Lanyard attached, their Poole race jacket on and with their motorcycle facing the direction of racing.

Edited by iainb

2 hours ago, Rickyb said:

What I didn't understand as I watched with foreign commentary is why was Simon Lambert in heat 15?

As a reserve replacement for a rider excluded for breaking the tapes, the only option unless you put Ellis off 15m.

10 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Not without a no8 FB! 

That isn't a rule though is it? Didn't Somerset operate without a no.8 in the semi?

28 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

As I said before the meeting Morris would be a poor guest and although Ellis messed it up he was clearly faster than Morris, both teams should have used r/r in my view, having Morris as a guest is no benefit. I don't know why Worrall should have been excluded as some have said but he rode really well, the way he breezed past Proctor was excellent. There were one or two passes but not many, apart from Worrall there was heat 1 swapping places between Harris and Lambert and Klindt passing Lambert.  I think Harris was lucky not to be excluded in heat 13 when he touched the tapes, not surprised Ellis was excluded as he had been warned already but I was fully expecting both to go and of course MPT was very unlucky to be excluded, Freddie saw a gap which closed as MPT continued on the racing line and took him down. Once again Klindt was terrific after a slow start, he may have had some indifferent meetings in the championship but always rides well for us. Even with a 16 point lead it isn't all over but I doubt the bookies have KL as favourites anymore.

We should dump Morris and go with r/r at Kings Lynn.

So for those that were there and heard the interval interview with Rosco (spannering for Morris) Morris had 2 punctures - the first when he spun off and the second after subsequently using Jacobsen's tyre - and a burned out clutch!!

Incidentally Rosco also said the track was brilliant - the best its been all season!

As for the meeting, I reckon Craig Ackroyd got every decision right except the Jacobsen/Palm Toft one.

Whilst the Pirates now have a 16 point advantage - more than most thought or hoped for - there is still the distinct possibility that the Stars can do exactly the same on Wednesday and reduce the deficit after 4 heats. Set-ups and gating will be crucial and with both teams having great team spirit I reckon it'll go down to the wire.

The joint decision by the SCB and BSPA with the agreement of both clubs to allow Morris and Ellis to ride for the same teams in both legs, came about due to Dale Allitt's proposal to Matt Ford following the outbursts of bad publicity across all social media platforms.

Today's BSPA meeting will undoubtedly propose a further tweak to the play-off rules for future years to allow a guest rider to have an average of 5% higher then the rider he replaces in BOTH HOME AND AWAY LEGS! Makes it much fairer for all at a time of the season when replacements can be scarce due to the season having finished for many. ;)

Edited by Skidder1
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

So for those that were there and heard the interval interview with Rosco (spannering for Morris) Morris had 2 punctures - the first when he spun off and the second after subsequently using Jacobsen's tyre - and a burned out clutch!!

Incidentally Rosco also said the track was brilliant - the best its been all season!

As for the meeting, I reckon Craig Ackroyd got every decision right except the Jacobsen/Palm Toft one.

Whilst the Pirates now have a 16 point advantage - more than most thought or hoped for - there is still the distinct possibility that the Stars can do exactly the same on Wednesday and reduce the deficit after 4 heats. Set-ups and gating will be crucial and with both teams having great team spirit I reckon it'll go down to the wire.

The exclusion of Palm Toft was bad enough,but his injury made 10 times worse IMO.Not being able to ride again left Allit up s#it creek espiecially with Elliss's starting antics.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

No didn't hear that, I may have been in the bar! Who listens to Rosco these days! Well Morris was last when he fell which I also mentioned before the meeting that he generally has a fall on his own and he didn't retire from any other race.

Edited by foreverblue

7 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

The exclusion of Palm Toft was bad enough,but his injury made 10 times worse IMO.Not being able to ride again left Allit up s#it creek espiecially with Elliss's starting antics.

Is Ellis a Poole asset ? 

25 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

That isn't a rule though is it? Didn't Somerset operate without a no.8 in the semi?

Yeah and it totally screwed them! 

25 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

The joint decision by the SCB and BSPA with the agreement of both clubs to allow Morris and Ellis to ride for the same teams in both legs, came about due to Dale Allitt's proposal to Matt Ford following the outbursts of bad publicity across all social media platforms.

Today's BSPA meeting will undoubtedly propose a further tweak to the play-off rules for future years to allow a guest rider to have an average of 5% higher then the rider he replaces in BOTH HOME AND AWAY LEGS! Makes it much fairer for all at a time of the season when replacements can be scarce due to the season having finished for many. ;)

So it was KL's idea for us to keep Morris then! 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, jrs said:

Is Ellis a Poole asset ? 

No he is an "asset" of Swindon 

The outcry over the refs performance is ringing out loud and clear on all social media platforms with some asking how he could be so wrong. As unpalatable as it is, it’s obvious why the decisions went the way they did and it’s not the first time this has happened with Ford involved. 

After years and years of cheating he feels bulletproof and now hardly attempts to hide his actions - unbelievable and sad in equal measures. 

I reckon another 10% will be knocked off the fan base with this latest fiasco and after years of this you have to ask when will it end?

10% equals around £500k a year less coming into the sport but that’s like water off a ducks back for the cheating scumbags down there who have no real love for this fabulous sport of ours. 

Dark days for the sport once again. 

• Like 5