British Speedway Forum
Bagpuss

Poole v King’s Lynn Premiership Grand Final 1st leg 08/10/18

15 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

What an appalling guest I guess he's cheap. If Poole don't win this now I would have to agree with Semion it would be the choke of the century.

We could have Bellego as his average is near enough..... Lynn can have 5.93 with the 5%.. Bellego is only 6.07... That's less of a gap than Kurtz/ Morris at Lynn...…… Which is 6.75 v 6.91 !!!

I'm sure Ford will return the favour and agree to it in the interest of the sport  :rofl: :rofl:

Edited by Bald Bloke

17 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

What an appalling guest I guess he's cheap. If Poole don't win this now I would have to agree with Semion it would be the choke of the century.

These kinds of posts are worthless without an alternative suggestion as to who should have been booked instead. And this is a Play Off final, with a league title at stake. I can’t imagine cost comes into it. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, lisa-colette said:

Broken hand, howarth in.

Congratulations to Poole.

Howarth is woeful at Kings Lynn.

• Haha 1

Guest WTF1

Terrible meeting,  says it all when Richie Worrall gets paid 11 from 4 rides,  but when he came to Scunthorpe looked a complete novice,  mind you Scunthorpe is a proper RACE track and not gate and go. 

2 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

These kinds of posts are worthless without an alternative suggestion as to who should have been booked instead. And this is a Play Off final, with a league title at stake. I can’t imagine cost comes into it. 

Agreed, my post is more the disappointment MPT is out as it weakens Lynn massively.

• Thanks 1

King's Lynn were unlikely to be facing a 16 point deficit if the referee had made the correct decision in heat 12 and they then suffered further by Palm-Toft being unable to take his last ride.

They now have more problems with Palm-Toft suffering a broken hand. Howarth on his last visit to King's Lynn, in the double header, managed only 12 from 12 rides. However, he wasn't riding at reserve, which may help. The is no doubt that losing both Palm-Toft and Iversen is a terrible blow to King's Lynn's chances. I can't see either guest matching their likely scores. 

• Like 3

Agent Howarth is Josh's best mate too!!  Very unfair imo.:rolleyes:

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, BWitcher said:

Congratulations to Poole.

Howarth is woeful at Kings Lynn.

Apparently he got 8 last time..?

Poole have done well, wiping Holder out of the semi then MPT from the final!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Ty Proctor was wiped out of the meeting the last time Lynn were at Poole by the rider who broke the tapes in Heat 13 but got away with it.

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Kacper Andersen?

9 minutes ago, paulboy said:

Poole have done well, wiping Holder out of the semi then MPT from the final!

Are you seriously suggesting Poole riders deliberately set out to cause opposition riders to crash and sustain injuries?
Riders do ride hard sometimes but they also know that if a move doesn't pay off it could lead to serious, if not fatal, injuries to themself or other riders.

After 54 years,  the end is neigh.  No way can I continue to support a sport that destroys common sense values for their own being.   Week after week, year after year,  I have stubbornly resisted  the temptation to pack it all in, but what I watched last night was truly destructive of this once great sport.   What should have been the pinnacle occasion of the season was turned into a circus...

Everywhere you look,  you question the integrity of what you see.  Every decision, you wonder if it was pre-planned before hand, or was there any underhanded dealings  that we don't know about.   I have always refused to accept how bad this sport has become, but last night everything hit home....

We have battled all season to climb them dizzy heights to win the league.  We did so by winning more matches, home and away than all our competitors,  but it means nothing.    the achievement is superseded by a tin-pot competition where teams are able pull any tricks they want, and with referees on board to promote the team they want to succeed.     To expect us to compete with 2 of our main riders missing merely outlines the ridiculousness of the situation.   It makes a mockery out of its own existence...

I cant believe I have been blinded for so long.  I have preached many times to those who once went to Lynn with no success.  I have beaten my head against the wall questioning my own sanity, but now  I have  made that decision.   Whether we win or lose,   this will be the last year of my involvement. No way can I continue to support something I don't believe in anymore.

A love affair that lasted 54 years......  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, foreverblue said:

Kacper Andersen?

I thought they said last night they kept Simon Lambert instead of bringing him back in, so in theory they dropped him?