British Speedway Forum
Bagpuss

Poole v King’s Lynn Premiership Grand Final 1st leg 08/10/18

1 minute ago, bruno said:

Thanks for the explanations, still think it's bonkers but there you go I've long given up on speedway rules

One of the better rules I would say!

2 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

And they could also had Hans Andersen for Niels at Lynn with the 5% above! 

Why would we want Hans, Adam had a great meeting at Lynn recently, wouldn't trust Hans to do the biz.. 

1 hour ago, BurntFaceMan said:

Would have been an even bigger win for Poole if the ref didn't let Kings Lynn jump the start.

Absolutely. Adam jumped in every single heat. After being warned he should have been disqualified in the rerun.

what I don’t like is it is not really much of a punishment, as they can bring out a good reserve from the tapes. If you are warned then disqualified it should be 3 riders only imo.

1 hour ago, BurntFaceMan said:

Wow very sour bunch at Kings Lynn! 

Just think they are disappointed and lashing out at anything and everything. Suprised someone posted Matt Ford has a phone line to the ref’s box to tell him to exclude Toft!

47 minutes ago, Call me wolfie said:

Totally agree, MPT did absolutely nothing wrong and I was staggered when he was excluded. Also Ellis and Bomber appeared to touch the tapes at the same time but Bomber gets away with a warning.

Ellis didn’t need to touch the tapes to be excluded. Said it several times now. He was already warned for moving at the start. A twitch would have seen him out. But he touched the tapes, before Harris as the tv showed, so really nothing to see here.

:drink:I'm going to try and explain the guest situation in the play off final with my two mates in the pub Thursday. Wish me luck

Quite simple. Both teams have injured riders. To replace them, both clubs use similar quality riders from other clubs.

Done.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, bruno said:

:drink:I'm going to try and explain the guest situation in the play off final with my two mates in the pub Thursday. Wish me luck

Err.. why?

As much as I think it's disgraceful an illegal guest being used and that it will help to alienate existing fans it should have absolutely no bearing upon 'new fans' or those who don't know about the rules.. No need to mention it at all.

2 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

Do you not think we are entitled to be for what went on in heat 12? Don’t get me wrong, plenty of our problems were self inflicted but that decision and MPT’s subsequent injury are an absolute hammer blow. 

Not really, Adam jumped every heat so you made up everything you lost (injuries aside of course). Not sure what meeting you guys and the ref were watching. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, BWitcher said:

Err.. why?

As much as I think it's disgraceful an illegal guest being used and that it will help to alienate existing fans it should have absolutely no bearing upon 'new fans' or those who don't know about the rules.. No need to mention it at all.

In a sport where we watch riders repeatedly smash themselves apart we shouldn't be complaining about slight exceptions to keep the competition alive.

4 minutes ago, BurntFaceMan said:

Not really, Adam jumped every heat so you made up everything you lost (injuries aside of course). Not sure what meeting you guys and the ref were watching. 

Have to completely agree. Seems Lynn fans were expecting to win last night. That was certainly the vibe to the Lynn fans I talked to on the second bend. i thought Lynn were gifted 6 points when Ellis jumped to two victories.

1 hour ago, BWitcher said:

Err.. why?

Poole had booked Ellis for the second leg. It is not Poole's fault that Kings Lynn booked Ellis in the first leg, causing the issue. Why on earth should Poole be blamed? They did the right thing. But Lynn refused to drop Ellis from the first leg and find another guest, which would have been for the good of the sport. They wanted Ellis in both legs, even though he was booked by the opposition. 

So Lynn asked Poole if Poole could use Morris in both legs and they could have Ellis. A meeting yesterday morning with the MC and SCB confirmed that this was fair and for the good of the sport.

Poole are actually the innocent party in all this. It won’t make an iota of difference to many on here as they will use it to blast Poole. But why do you think Poole gave up Ellis tomorrow night? 

Should they have told Lynn to take a jump and we would have Morris and Ellis swapping sides? Think that would have been a far worse scenario.

Edited by Steve Shovlar
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Quite simple. Both teams have injured riders. To replace them, both clubs use similar quality riders from other clubs.

Done.

Come on Steve Niels and Ellis similar your having a laugh ones a gp rider for Christ sake no disrespect to Ellis but their not in the same league   Ellis hopefully one day will hope he gets to Neil's standard but at the moment no way 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, BurntFaceMan said:

We’ll have to agree to disagree. I’m sure you lot remember what it felt like in 2010 when you finished top and lost the final, we’ll its pretty likely we are going to experience the same thing with the help of two injuries and a diabolical referee decision. I didn’t think we would win last night but get 40 and I thought we had a great chance. On another day and without Jakobsen cleaning MPT up we would have got them as we had the momentum and would have been taking that into tomorrow night. 

However it was not to be, that’s life. But I think we are entitled to feel sour about it.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Poole had booked Ellis for the second leg. It is not Poole's fault that Kings Lynn booked Ellis in the first leg, causing the issue. Why on earth should Poole be blamed? They did the right thing. But Lynn refused to drop Ellis from the first leg and find another guest, which would have been for the good of the sport. They wanted Ellis in both legs, even though he was booked by the opposition. 

So Lynn asked Poole if Poole could use Morris in both legs and they could have Ellis. A meeting yesterday morning with the MC and SCB confirmed that this was fair and for the good of the sport.

Poole are actually the innocent party in all this. It won’t make an iota of difference to many on here as they will use it to blast Poole. But why do you think Poole gave up Ellis tomorrow night? 

Should they have told Lynn to take a jump and we would have Morris and Ellis swapping sides? Think that would have been a far worse scenario.

Poole are using an illegal guest.

The why's and the wherefore's are irrelevant. There were solutions available that didn't involve breaking rules. As usual all involved screwed up and as usual more fans will simply say 'that's enough for me'.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, r8gdp said:

Come on Steve Niels and Ellis similar your having a laugh ones a gp rider for Christ sake no disrespect to Ellis but their not in the same league   Ellis hopefully one day will hope he gets to Neil's standard but at the moment no way 

Don't think neils would have got anymore last night