British Speedway Forum
Bagpuss

Poole v King’s Lynn Premiership Grand Final 1st leg 08/10/18

Surely not? Gavan said the only reason that Kings Lynn were favourites was because they were virtually through to the final and Poole v Somerset was on a knife edge. He said I knew nothing about betting.

Just looked at the odds. Kings Lynn are 8/15 on and Poole 7/4 against. Kings Lynn are massive favourites with the bookies. Clearly Gavan knows Jack 5hit about betting.:lol:

5 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

Changed you tune since the Poole win?

You know it would be RR or a guest, I think you said you yourself would use RR ? whats changed

Enough!

Edited by Steve Shovlar

Just now, Steve Shovlar said:

The names of the guests.

I would have tried to get N. Morris at home and A.Ellis at Lynn. That's if Toby is on his hols. 

Who have you got then.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bald Bloke said:

I would have tried to get N. Morris at home and A.Ellis at Lynn. That's if Toby is on his hols. 

Who have you got then.

I dont think Mr S will betray any confidence and let slip (quite right too)

We will all just have to wait for official channels

Just keep an eye out for *insert hapless choice of guest tweeting he needs a spannerman for Monday and Wednesday for clues ;)

3 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

They will be announced in due course.

No worries. I didn't know it wasn't out yet :t:

Ford must think he's better than RR I guess.

If the guest is not a Swindon rider, I'd be worried. The only riders we can get from Leicester and Wolves are second string at best. Morris, Ellis, Musilek (if he can be tempted off his hols!) or even Bellego would be okay.

2 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

If the guest is not a Swindon rider, I'd be worried. The only riders we can get from Leicester and Wolves are second string at best. Morris, Ellis, Musilek (if he can be tempted off his hols!) or even Bellego would be okay.

None would have the scoring potential of Brady.

1 minute ago, Bald Bloke said:

No worries. I didn't know it wasn't out yet :t:

Ford must think he's better than RR I guess.

He's seen first hand how r/r has screwed over Somerset, but if the guest isn't a Swindon rider I think we should risk using r/r.

1 minute ago, Steve Shovlar said:

None would have the scoring potential of Brady.

But how will we ever know, Brady's scoring isn't exactly predictable this season! If the guest can get 7+, job done for me :) 

13 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Bellego scored 9 from 5 a few weeks ago at Lynn. And 8 from 5 last time at Poole. Not ideal, but not to bad either. Would rather Morris/ Eliis, but maybe there not available or Shovvy is playing up ;)

Edited by Bald Bloke

57 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Here we go!

Wait for the doom and gloom prediction of Pooles likely struggle to score more than 30 ;)

He's throwing the towel in before a wheels turned. Perhaps Howarth has accepted a guest booking 

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

Bellego scored 9 from 5 a few weeks ago at Lynn. And 8 from 5 last time at Poole. Not ideal, but not to bad either. Would rather Morris/ Eliis, but maybe there not available or Shovvy is playing up ;)

No Bellego  is too inconsistent and Morris isn't having his best season so i would choose Ellis for both legs if Musielak isn't available.

1 minute ago, noggin said:

He's throwing the towel in before a wheels turned. Perhaps Howarth has accepted a guest booking 

What idiot would use Howarth as a guest!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, noggin said:

Of course I am not throwing the towel in.:lol:

We are “The Mighty” Poole Pirates and we will never give up. But there’s no denying the odds are against us.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2