British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
racers and royals

Jim Lawrence appointed chairman of the SCB

Statement posted on the BSPA website http://www.speedwaygb.co.uk/news.php?extend.35665

Maybe his 1st job could be to remind Willie Dishington of the rules for heat 15 eligibility. :) 

Edit regarding the above throwaway comment by myself i have  found this SCB statement which as far as i know hasn`t been on the BSPA website it is dated Wednesday September 26th

On Monday 24th September there was an error made regards the allocation of riders for Heat 15, in the fixture between Belle Vue and King's Lynn in the Premiership Play Off Semi Final.

There was also an incident after the conclusion of Heat 14 involving the King's Lynn Team Manager Dale Allit, and a number of officials and Riders mechanics.

The Speedway Control Bureau are fully aware of these incidents, and a full investigation is currently under way.

Neil Vatcher
SCB Co-ordinator

Edited by racers and royals
  • Like 1

Excellent news.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Badge said:

Excellent news.

Why? I'm not sure what impact this position has on Speedway in the UK... Can somebody educate me

It should ensure things get dealt with properly and fairly.

Hopefully he will keep an eye on his SCB manager as well

45 minutes ago, iainb said:

Why? I'm not sure what impact this position has on Speedway in the UK... Can somebody educate me

36 minutes ago, bigcatdiary said:

what BCD put. 

Jim is impartial, and very knowledgeable

• Like 2

Replaces 'independent' Chairman Tony Gillias I believe.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bigcatdiary said:

What "things" I still don't get it... What "things" did his predecessor deal with... I'm not being funny here, I genuinely just don't know

50 minutes ago, iainb said:

What "things" I still don't get it... What "things" did his predecessor deal with... I'm not being funny here, I genuinely just don't know

http://www.scbgb.co.uk/aboutus

• Thanks 1

So he (they) basically do as he's told by the BSPA?

Could they have stopped FRN or doubling up or any of the other disasters over the years that has nearly killed the sport in this country?

Good to see Jim getting involved again. One of the best referees of recent times. I hope he makes a difference.

• Like 1

So actually, Keith Chapman's promise to "dumb down" the rule book isn't actually part of the BSPA responsibility. He has no rights to rule amendments but only the make up of league structure?

In practice, the BSPA make proposals on rule changes, which can be minor or a complete rewrite and the SCB decide whether to approve them. The BSPA decide on the interpretation of the rules although there are procedures to appeal to the SCB and the ACU.

4 hours ago, iainb said:

He proved beyond doubt that wearing your 1980s wedding suit at a speedway meeting was acceptable 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, iainb said:

So he (they) basically do as he's told by the BSPA?

Could they have stopped FRN or doubling up or any of the other disasters over the years that has nearly killed the sport in this country?

I'm in the same boat - i have no idea how things are run. I appreciate the humourous replies but they tell me nowt

• Like 1

Good, heard this yesterday, perhaps now Brirish Speedway can move forward. It certainly needs to..